PDA

View Full Version : Song ignites 200-person brawl at Virginia skating rink, witnesses say

Teh One Who Knocks
12-27-2018, 11:38 AM
By Sophia Borrelli - Virginia First

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/924/jbkJVO.jpg

ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. - A community is still looking for answers after a crowded party turns into a 200-person fight, according to police.

Roanoke County police first responded to reports of shots fired at Star City Skate Center on Hershberger early Sunday morning.

Nicholas Gilliam Jr. and Marques Davis say that a song came on that stirred local gang tension.

"I mean it was crazy because we had just gotten there. Like we didn't even spend like 30 minutes in there," Gilliam said.

They say gang signs soon led to 95% of the room becoming involved in a fight. Gilliam says that, although no shots were fired, he saw at least one individual holding a handgun.

"They had it out. They was running with it," he said.

Davis was one of the youngest in the crowd at 13 years old. He says he had one thing on his mind during the chaos.

"Honestly I didn't want to die. I did not want to die," he said.

Both boys say that, after the brawl inside cooled down, many people came outside to the parking lot, where several smaller fights then broke out.

Gilliam says that he's relieved that Davis is okay, but has not had a chance to check in with the rest of his friends, including one who was knocked out during the fight.

"Like come on bro, just try to have fun at the party," he said.

lost in melb.
12-27-2018, 12:14 PM
:?

Muddy
12-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Roanoke County.. wtf, that little mountain side podunk area.? I wonder what group of people were in the skate rink? Lets not mention that in the article.

Hal-9000
12-27-2018, 08:39 PM
We take our hockey pretty seriously up here but wtf is going on in Roanoke?? :lol:

I didn't know Virginians even had ice in their state.

Muddy
12-28-2018, 04:29 AM
No dude. Its a fucking roller skating rink.. :lol:

Hal-9000
12-28-2018, 04:46 PM
:facepalm:

Omg I'm turning into you ffs

:oops:

Hal-9000
12-28-2018, 04:47 PM
You guys still have those things? Our Rollercade shut down when I was in grade 10.

It was 'the' place to go in junior high for young whores in training who couldn't drink or go to bars yet.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-28-2018, 04:48 PM
You guys still have those things? Our Rollercade shut down when I was in grade 10.

It was 'the' place to go in junior high for young whores in training who couldn't drink or go to bars yet.

There's one about 6 or 7 miles from my house.

Hal-9000
12-28-2018, 04:50 PM
Wow, things from the past for us.

I remember losing a gf to that place because I wouldn't go. I still hate you Kari you fkkn roller-whore!! :shakefist:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-28-2018, 04:57 PM
:shock:

Hal-9000
12-28-2018, 05:01 PM
:oops:

Closer to the truth than I'd like to admit.

Grade nine hal ain't going to no disco dome on a Friday night. I would rather huff gas and give wedgies to my buddies :bounce:

*that same girl got married, had three kids and was divorced before her 30's. The roller rink was responsible.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-28-2018, 05:03 PM
All the cool kids skated back in the day :hand:

Muddy
12-28-2018, 05:05 PM

Good old fashioned fun..!

Hal-9000
12-28-2018, 05:09 PM
:lol: Seriously, it divided our peer group.

Most guys wouldn't rollerskate but we all skated on ice and played hockey.

There was a stigma attached to our rollercade because it had lights, disco music and sold pop/chips.

So all of us 'cool' guys missed out on the boatload of potential pussy in that place.

And guess who showed up at the roller rink? Those older guys who preyed on little girls. The same dudes who were five years older, drove cars and lurked around schools.

Muddy
12-28-2018, 05:13 PM
:lol: Seriously, it divided our peer group.

Most guys wouldn't rollerskate but we all skated on ice and played hockey.

There was a stigma attached to our rollercade because it had lights, disco music and sold pop/chips.

So all of us 'cool' guys missed out on the boatload of potential pussy in that place.

And guess who showed up at the roller rink? Those older guys who preyed on little girls. The same dudes who were five years older, drove cars and lurked around schools.

It was definitely a hot spot back in the day. You ought to go there and get you a beer and sit back and listen to some music and watch people skate. It's pretty good entertainment

Hal-9000
12-28-2018, 05:17 PM
It was definitely a hot spot back in the day. You ought to go there and get you a beer and sit back and listen to some music and watch people skate. It's pretty good entertainment

They closed ours before I was in high school. We have over a million people in our city but sometimes things just crater forever.

Our drive in closed, same thing and that was actually a good night of entertainment.

Oh yeah Mudd, I'll just sit my 50 year old self down and watch little girls roller skate... How many years do you think I'll get? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-28-2018, 05:20 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/1112/fEw3Hu.jpg

When I was a kid, I had the old school all-steel roller skates, just like these :tup:

Muddy
12-28-2018, 05:32 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/1112/fEw3Hu.jpg

When I was a kid, I had the old school all-steel roller skates, just like these :tup:

Those things were made for running the streets!

Muddy
Rattle your friggin teeth out of your head

Teh One Who Knocks
Rattle your friggin teeth out of your head

And you could hear them coming a mile away :lol:

Muddy
12-28-2018, 05:34 PM

The skates or the teeth rattling? :razz:

Hal-9000
12-28-2018, 05:43 PM

And in certain bad instances, they created sparks :)