PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Had Sex With Male Student: Prosecutors

RBP
01-05-2019, 07:20 AM
https://i.imgur.com/MsBuE4X.jpg

JOLIET, IL -A 50-year-old teacher at Reed-Custer High School in Braidwood now faces six counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, one count of indecent solicitation of a child and one count of unlawful Grooming in connection with an alleged sexual relationship involving a 14-year-old male student, prosecutors said. Manhattan Police arrested Dayna Chidester on Thursday.

According to the Will County State's Attorney's Office, Chidester, a Manhattan resident, worked as a high school teacher in Braidwood at the time the alleged conduct occurred.

The victim is not a Reed-Custer student, authorities said.

"During the investigation, the victim stated that the relationship with Chidester included messages and photos sent electronically, as well as sexual physical contact on numerous occasions. The Defendant confirmed that text messages and photos were sent electronically and that sexual physical contact had occurred with the victim," a press release from the Office of the Will County State's Attorney noted.

On Friday, a Will County judge set the teacher's bail at $1 million, meaning she must post 10 percent, or $100,000 in cash, to go free while awaiting trial. Additionally, as a condition of her bond, Chidester must refrain from contact with any minors outside of immediate family members as well as from entering school grounds, is prohibited from using the internet or any device with internet capabilities, and must turn over her passport, prosecutors said.

https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/teacher-had-sex-male-student-prosecutors

=========================

I love the patch. Follow your local. Usually awfully-written on hilarious local news. Occasionally, they break something big.

Hikari Kisugi
01-05-2019, 09:52 AM
Guilty.

lost in melb.
01-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Shit :shock:

deebakes
01-05-2019, 02:51 PM
they spelled 'rape' wrong in the title :shrug:

Muddy
01-05-2019, 02:58 PM
When I think of the word "rape".. I usually think of sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will. The word has been hijacked and its true meaning has been corrupted.

deebakes
01-05-2019, 04:38 PM
what would you replace it with in the 'statutory rape' designation? :?

RBP
01-05-2019, 06:09 PM
When I think of the word "rape".. I usually think of sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will. The word has been hijacked and its true meaning has been corrupted.

Your definition is the old FBI definition. The definition changed in 2013 and included men for the first time in history. Yes, until 2013, men could not be "raped" as legally defined.

From: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/rape-addendum/rape_addendum_final

Beginning in 2013, rape is defined for Summary UCR purposes as, “Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.” The new definition updated the 80-year-old historical definition of rape which was “carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will.” Effectively, the revised definition expands rape to include both male and female victims and offenders, and reflects the various forms of sexual penetration understood to be rape, especially nonconsenting acts of sodomy, and sexual assaults with objects.

To Dee's point, the above definition excludes statutory rape and incest. Those are separately defined crimes.

The tricky thing on these is consent. A minor can't consent, but then what is statutory rape? I would include grooming as coersion which eliminates (in my mind) the argument that a minor was a willing participant.

Hal-9000
01-05-2019, 06:23 PM
"without consent"

That's how spouses can claim their betrothed violated them.

I'm all for permission being necessary in every part of life, but something about free floating consent bothers me. Free floating means the actual consent given can change at any time.

As men we really do have to get an app that records consent before bonking...anyone. One night stand, new girlfriend, wife, large attractive chimpanzee at the zoo.

RBP
01-05-2019, 06:36 PM
"without consent"

That's how spouses can claim their betrothed violated them.

I'm all for permission being necessary in every part of life, but something about free floating consent bothers me. Free floating means the actual consent given can change at any time.

As men we really do have to get an app that records consent before bonking...anyone. One night stand, new girlfriend, wife, large attractive chimpanzee at the zoo.

Some guys are doing that, but women argue that such consent documents or recordings are dangerous because she can withdraw consent at any time. By that definition, if you are one stroke from nutting in 3-hole Holly's ass and she withdraws consent, that last stroke and nut is a rape.

Godfather
01-05-2019, 06:44 PM
I think most people would come to the same stance RBP has encouraged many of us to see if they just spent some time kicking it around.

Like you pointed out the other day RBP, guys like Joe Rogan will make light of it when a 'hot teacher' is busted for statutory rape of a teenage student, and we've all seen that the media uses completely different language. At first glance men (and probably a lot of women too) just see a 17 year old boy getting laid by a hot teacher and think nothing of it. They can be tried as adults for murder, we hold them nearly as accountable as adults in many situations, when we were 15-17 we were as horny as we'll ever be... if they want to screw a 25 year old sexy math teacher is it really rape? That's what goes through their minds.... but when you start to digest all these stories, give it some thought, think of the implications of us brushing off adult teachers praying on teenagers, ask yourself how would you react if the student was a year or two younger or of course a female...

I know we've talked about it a million times but I think it's a good topic... a lot of people need a view shift on it because the way it's portrayed in media isn't helping.

Godfather
01-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Some guys are doing that, but women argue that such consent documents or recordings are dangerous because she can withdraw consent at any time. By that definition, if you are one stroke from nutting in 3-hole Holly's ass and she withdraws consent, that last stroke and nut is a rape.

If you were a 25 year old single guy right now, screwing around on Tinder or whatever the kids use these days... how would you handle that concern?

Hal-9000
01-05-2019, 06:52 PM

Consent withdrawn in the moment as well as years later. Sometimes I find that thought one the scariest things a person could face.

I'm single, have a fling with a chick and we stop seeing each other. Three years later she decides she is angry and accuses me of non consensual rape. My life is over just due to the allegation.

People can be vindictive and that's one part of the equation female rights supporters forget. They feel if a claim is made, that claim is an actual incident that occurred only because the person voiced it.

Godfather
01-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Consent withdrawn in the moment as well as years later. Sometimes I find that thought one the scariest things a person could face.

I'm single, have a fling with a chick and we stop seeing each other. Three years later she decides she is angry and accuses me of non consensual rape. My life is over just due to the allegation.

People can be vindictive and that's one part of the equation female rights supporters forget. They feel if a claim is made, that claim is an actual incident that occurred only because the person voiced it.

I sometimes worry about that with girls from college... then again I was a serial monogamist and always had long-ish term girlfriends so I think I'm ok *knock on wood* but it's really scary...

Hal-9000
01-05-2019, 06:56 PM
I think most people would come to the same stance RBP has encouraged many of us to see if they just spent some time kicking it around.

Like you pointed out the other day RBP, guys like Joe Rogan will make light of it when a 'hot teacher' is busted for statutory rape of a teenage student, and we've all seen that the media uses completely different language. At first glance men (and probably a lot of women too) just see a 17 year old boy getting laid by a hot teacher and think nothing of it. They can be tried as adults for murder, we hold them nearly as accountable as adults in many situations, when we were 15-17 we were as horny as we'll ever be... if they want to screw a 25 year old sexy math teacher is it really rape? That's what goes through their minds.... but when you start to digest all these stories, give it some thought, think of the implications of us brushing off adult teachers praying on teenagers, ask yourself how would you react if the student was a year or two younger or of course a female...

I know we've talked about it a million times but I think it's a good topic... a lot of people need a view shift on it because the way it's portrayed in media isn't helping.

I'll say it again. What floors me is the amount of incidents where female teacher molests male student.

There's only two possible reasons for the upswing in numbers:

We didn't report all of the incidents back in the day.

The number of incidents has risen due to other societal factors.

I believe the latter.

RBP
01-05-2019, 06:57 PM
If you were a 25 year old single guy right now, screwing around on Tinder or whatever the kids use these days... how would you handle that concern?

Viewed as me at 25? I'd get the pussy and not worry about it. But the risk is very real. The Title IX stories are horrifying.

RBP
01-05-2019, 07:06 PM
I'll say it again. What floors me is the amount of incidents where female teacher molests male student.

There's only two possible reasons for the upswing in numbers:

We didn't report all of the incidents back in the day.

The number of incidents has risen due to other societal factors.

I believe the latter.

I have said this before, but don't discount women testing the boundaries of new found power - basic animal kingdom rules. Combine "my body my choice" with "no slut shaming" and greatly increased female power, and you naturally get overt displays of dominance and aggression. Accelerate it with courts using extreme leniency based on outdated sexual and cultural mores, and let the shitshow begin.

Hal-9000
01-05-2019, 07:11 PM
I sometimes worry about that with girls from college... then again I was a serial monogamist and always had long-ish term girlfriends so I think I'm ok *knock on wood* but it's really scary...

I mentioned part of this story before and I think it applies. I fear the 'tall tales' from women that come from other parts of life outside of dating. The band Hedley was here doing a concert and visited one of the local radio stations. Singer and guitarist do an interview and months later one of our female DJ's says the singer committed an assault.

I don't have the transcript but the DJ did post the entire exchange that occurred between her and the singer. I heard some real light flirting both ways, and the singer saying in an obviously joking manner that with those sort of compliments, you could become a groupy. The singer also put his hand on/over her shoulder as they walked down a hallway through a door.

There were six people present for the conversation and not one of them came forward with a complaint. She said later the exchange skeeved her out a little and thus a complaint was born. Timing was right as the #metoo movement was gathering full steam in the press, not when the actual interaction happened.

You've maybe heard what happened to Hedley? Bye bye, no more band.

You may be able to tell I've already taken a side on this issue without witnessing the incident. I read the exchange twice and most of it was part of the on air interview. I've certainly heard and made worse comments myself around women. And shame on me I guess if the DJ actually felt this was part of an assault. In terms of offenses I would put the incident at a .3 out of 10.

What lends this form of instant credibility to the claim is that the singer has been accused of other incidents. What if each incident is a false claim where the women in question just didn't like the guy and how he carried himself in general? I've seen and heard women both at bars and at work say - Bob is creepy because he asked me out. Doesn't he realize he's not that attractive?

Hal-9000
01-05-2019, 07:20 PM
I have said this before, but don't discount women testing the boundaries of new found power - basic animal kingdom rules. Combine "my body my choice" with "no slut shaming" and greatly increased female power, and you naturally get overt displays of dominance and aggression. Accelerate it with courts using extreme leniency based on outdated sexual and cultural mores, and let the shitshow begin.

I believe this is part of it and more. It's very empowering to be in a relationship where 'you're the attractive one', or maybe better said where you control everything.

I think these women are frustrated from years of feeling oppressed and this new arena where they can pick up sexual partners at will satisfies some primal urge of dominance they feel they've been missing.

Hal-9000
01-05-2019, 07:22 PM
My Hedley story went out on a tangent compared to the story at hand, apologies :lol:

RBP
01-05-2019, 07:25 PM
I believe this is part of it and more. It's very empowering to be in a relationship where 'you're the attractive one', or maybe better said where you control everything.

I think these women are frustrated from years of feeling oppressed and this new arena where they can pick up sexual partners at will satisfies some primal urge of dominance they feel they've been missing.

I disagree with the years of feeling oppressed part. The "oppression" is part of the manipulation of manufactured outrage. This is a social coup d'état, and they are attempting to turn it in to a political one.

Hal-9000
01-05-2019, 07:32 PM
I disagree with the years of feeling oppressed part. The "oppression" is part of the manipulation of manufactured outrage. This is a social coup d'état, and they are attempting to turn it in to a political one.

I think women have the feeling of being oppressed, look what's happening now.

Whether they have been oppressed is a different conversation, no?

RBP
01-05-2019, 07:35 PM
I think women have the feeling of being oppressed, look what's happening now.

Whether they have been oppressed is a different conversation, no?

They've been convinced of their oppression, so yes, they believe their own bullshit. And it was done, in large part, but creating a boogeyman called Old White Guys.

Hal-9000
01-05-2019, 07:50 PM
They've been convinced of their oppression, so yes, they believe their own bullshit. And it was done, in large part, but creating a boogeyman called Old White Guys.

My sister has a good friend who lives here and I've also known her for years. She lives alone, worked for years at the same company and has bought her own vehicles, house etc. She doesn't have much of a relationship with her family members. Not quite a lonely old cat lady, but she does live some of the stereotype. I really like her and get along with her. (she thinks I'm cute)

I found out recently she believes every story on the TV and radio having to do even tangentially with the me too movement. The Supreme Court justice, any actor being accused...in fact, any man in the news who has been accused, with or without proof.

I tried to gently bring up the danger of believing 'every' claim without first looking at evidence. I said in a way, the me too movement is just marginalizing all men and putting them instantly at fault, "silencing their voice" if you will...and isn't that what we're trying to correct in the first place?

I won't relay the entire conversation :lol: but you know how when someone starts punctuating every sentence with your name at the end, like you're some sort of child or moron? That's what came out her mouth in reply. She sincerely believed that I was so uninformed, that she felt sorry for me. (btw, wanna piss me off? Use my name 13 times in a conversation when we've already been talking for 30 minutes...grrrr).

My sister had to step in and try to mediate by saying both of us had good points, but neither of us should believe or disbelieve accusations we're not involved in. Then (bless her heart) she said to her friend - Friend, there are documented cases of women claiming rape and assault when nothing actually occurred. They admitted they were angry and just out to ruin ___'s life.

Point being, I was the one who felt sorry for my sister's friend. I could see her watching one news channel at home and eating up every single claim against men..because people made them :(

Muddy
01-06-2019, 03:57 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/16gmqdk.jpg