PDA

View Full Version : Mugger targets female UFC fighter, ends up in the hospital

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2019, 12:06 PM
By Elizabeth Llorente | Fox News

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/921/Ozf7PI.jpg

When a would-be thief saw 26-year-old Polyana Viana waiting for a taxi on Saturday outside her Rio de Janeiro apartment, he apparently concluded she was easy prey.

He asked her what time it was, she reportedly said, before trying to bully her into giving him her cellphone. He also told her he had a gun.

She quickly sized up the situation – it’s second nature for the UFC straw-weight, who has won 10 of her 12 professional fights.

“He was really close to me. So I thought, ‘If it’s a gun, he won’t have time to draw it,’” she told MMAJunkie.com in an interview. “So I stood up. I threw two punches and a kick. He fell, then I caught him in a rear-naked choke. Then I sat him down in the same place we were before and said, ‘Now we’ll wait for the police.’”

Photos posted on social media of the mugger show his bloodied, bruised and swollen face. The supposed gun, it turns out, was actually a cardboard cutout.

The mugger was taken to a hospital before he was transported to a police station. Viana did not suffer any injuries.

I was fine,” Viana said to MMAJunkie. “I was fine because he didn’t even react after. Since he took the punches very quickly, I think he was scared. So he didn’t react anymore.”

“He told me to let him go...because he saw I was very angry. I said I wouldn’t let go and that I was going to call the police … He said, ‘Call the police, then’ because he was scared I was going to beat him up more.”

UFC President Dana White posted the photo of the thug right beside one of a cool-as-a-cucumber Viana.
White wrote: “On the left is @polyanaviana, one of our @UFC fighters and no the right is the guy who tried to rob her.”

Viana has had to teach other thugs lessons in the past.

There was one incident, for example, where two men on a motorcycle tried to steal her phone, but when she punched one of them the attempt came to a fast end.

Goofy
01-08-2019, 01:12 PM
:tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2019, 01:17 PM
I wonder if he will continue to try and mug people after this? :-k

Hal-9000
01-08-2019, 04:41 PM
I love stories like this.

" Since he took the punches very quickly, I think he was scared. "

Strange way to phrase something :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2019, 04:48 PM
I don't think English is her first language :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Yup, just Googled her, she's Brazilian.

Hal-9000
01-08-2019, 04:57 PM
I post with a girl like that on another site. It's a minefield at times because her English is so broken :lol:

I like this one above:

"He said, ‘Call the police, then’ because he was scared I was going to beat him up more.” :lol:

Hal-9000
01-08-2019, 04:57 PM
It's one thing getting tuned up by a MMA fighter and quite another when she's hot :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2019, 05:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPO_JZtvvgs

Hal-9000
01-08-2019, 05:03 PM
vid not available by uploader to my country :sad:

No worries, looks like she beat up an uggo judging by the thumbnail