PDA

View Full Version : Man Arrested In Cheesesteak Beef Incident

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2019, 12:24 PM
The Smoking Gun

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7845/UvyVo4.jpg

JANUARY 7--A patron was arrested after causing a disturbance at a Florida café when he was served a Philly cheesesteak sandwich on a sesame seed bun, cops report.

According to investigators, Joseph Lagana, 27, was collared yesterday afternoon at the Gunn Highway Flea Market in Odessa, a Tampa suburb.

As detailed in a complaint affidavit, Lagana “began a verbal altercation” with a cashier after “getting a sesame seed bun on a Philly cheesesteak.” Lagana, seen above, ordered the cheesesteak from Missy Mae’s Café inside the flea market.

The classic Philly cheesesteak comes on a smooth, seed-free hoagie roll.

Cops say that after Lagana, a southern California native, argued with the cashier, he “engaged in an altercation with a male who did not wish to press charges for battery.” When sheriff’s deputies questioned Lagana, he “was being loud and argumentative to multiple patrons at the flea market.”

Lagana, who appeared “heavily intoxicated evidenced by slurred speech and loss of fine motor skills,” was arrested for disorderly intoxication, a misdemeanor. Lagana’s rap sheet includes a multitude of arrests for crimes like battery; burglary; criminal mischief; marijuana possession; probation violation; and grand theft.

In a Facebook post, the flea market’s proprietors made light of the cheesesteak imbroglio, apologizing to customers for the incident “where as a sesame seed bun apparently was insulted and attack by a young man.”

Goofy
01-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Sounds tasty :homer:

Hal-9000
01-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Sesame seed bun???!!! :x :x

It's hammerin time.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Rule #1 of the Philly cheesesteak club: You cannot get a real cheesesteak outside of the Delaware Valley region.
Rule #2 of the Philly cheesesteak club: You cannot get a real cheesesteak outside of the Delaware Valley region.
Rule #3 of the Philly cheesesteak club: If you are outside of the Delaware Valley region, and you want a cheesesteak but you can't get to the Delaware Valley region to get a real one, then lower your expectations or else you will be disappointed.

Muddy
01-08-2019, 11:35 PM
Lance says they use cheez fuckun whiz up there though dude. !

DemonGeminiX
01-09-2019, 02:27 AM
Cheese Whiz is traditional, but you can ask for Provolone or American cheese. Personally, I don't know anyone in Philly that actually eats their cheesesteaks with Whiz.

Muddy
01-09-2019, 02:44 AM
I just dont see what can make it so special from only one valley, the ingredients are too simple..!

DemonGeminiX
01-09-2019, 04:21 AM
It's the rolls. They use water from the Schuylkill River to make them. Yes, the river's horrible and the water will kill you, but it just makes the rolls taste so right.

Muddy
01-09-2019, 11:15 AM
They say thats what makes a New York pizza good.. The water in the dough..

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 06:25 PM
They say thats what makes a New York pizza good.. The water in the dough..

Had that fight online with two people from NYC....both were saying that their pizza is all that.

I opened with - Any pizza you can fold in half like a piece of paper is not true pizza :lol: They jumped on me quick...

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Cheese Whiz is traditional, but you can ask for Provolone or American cheese. Personally, I don't know anyone in Philly that actually eats their cheesesteaks with Whiz.

Hardly an expert here but I've always been told provolone or even mozza is to be used....never the Whiz.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Had that fight online with two people from NYC....both were saying that their pizza is all that.

I opened with - Any pizza you can fold in half like a piece of paper is not true pizza :lol: They jumped on me quick...

I used to be totally against thin crust pizza, but it's starting to grow on me.

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 06:30 PM
I used to be totally against thin crust pizza, but it's starting to grow on me.

I should have screened the argument :lol:

Agreed, thin crust is fine. It's the ultra-thin, wet, paper-like crusts you see some people eating with .5 gram of toppings and nothing on it but sauce :puke:

That's a pizza sauce tortilla (soft shell) at best :hand:

Pony
01-09-2019, 06:39 PM
I prefer traditional crust or pan. There is only one place locally that I really like the thin crust.

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 06:55 PM
I prefer traditional crust or pan. There is only one place locally that I really like the thin crust.

I get tired of people saying NY pizza is best, or Canadian pancakes and syrup are best etc. Sure NYC has a long history of making a variety of pizza, but that doesn't automatically make it good.

We were camping at a BC provincial park and found a little hidden gift shop/restaurant at the base of a tourist canyon. Three of us there agreed it was quite possibly the best pizza we had ever had. We were so impressed we asked to meet the cook. Little white ex-biker looking dude comes out complete with long gray hair and beard and growls - Problem here?! :x

Not who we expected and we did get a smile out of the Son of Anarchy cook after we complimented him.

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Some relatives went to Venice and tried traditional pizza at a few spots. No one was impressed I guess :lol:

Just having pizza in Italy would be enough for me. :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2019, 07:50 PM
I should have screened the argument :lol:

Agreed, thin crust is fine. It's the ultra-thin, wet, paper-like crusts you see some people eating with .5 gram of toppings and nothing on it but sauce :puke:

That's a pizza sauce tortilla (soft shell) at best :hand:

When I say thin crust, I mean the crispier type of crust, not the soggy tortilla :lol:

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 07:54 PM
When I say thin crust, I mean the crispier type of crust, not the soggy tortilla :lol:

You know what I'm saying though, right?

Those cardboard looking slices they fold or roll up like a joint or make a fucking origami animal out of....it ain't real ZA!!!! :lol:

Muddy
01-09-2019, 08:43 PM
I like a thin crust sometimes but it has to have a nice semi-crisp bottom and a good cheese to grease ratio..

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 08:45 PM
I like a thin crust sometimes but it has to have a nice semi-crisp bottom and a good cheese to grease ratio..

You should be a writer. Agreed.

I tend to go for the classic deep dish, heavy crust, tons of cheese and toppings, weighing 10 pounds monster pizzas...but as I get older I appreciate something like you described.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2019, 08:50 PM
Deep dish :thumbsdown:

If I wanted to eat a loaf of bread with sauce, then I would pour sauce on a loaf of bread :hand:

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Oooh :)

I'm going to cut a five inch diameter hole in the middle of a frozen loaf of bread.

Then I'm gonna fill the hole with sauce, cheese, toppings and a 1/2 pound stick of butter.

Then I'm gonna bake at 450 for 15 minutes.

Then I'm gonna attach the blood pressure cuff and eat that bad boy in one sitting :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2019, 11:01 PM
Oooh :)

I'm going to cut a five inch diameter hole in the middle of a frozen loaf of bread.

Then I'm gonna fill the hole with sauce, cheese, toppings and a 1/2 pound stick of butter.

Then I'm gonna bake at 450 for 15 minutes.

Then I'm gonna attach the blood pressure cuff and eat that bad boy in one sitting :tup::snapout:

:nuts:

DemonGeminiX
01-09-2019, 11:45 PM
Hardly an expert here but I've always been told provolone or even mozza is to be used....never the Whiz.

Whiz is traditional, that's what they were using when the Philly cheesesteak was created.

You use Mozz on pizza steaks, steak sandwiches with mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce. The absolute best cheesesteak ever created. There was a time during my childhood in New Jersey when that was the only thing I would ever eat.

Whiz is only good when it's hot. If it cools down even a little, it becomes a horrible god awful gummy mess. American cheese is good when Provolone's not around. But Provolone, in my opinion, is the best.

If you request any other kind of cheese, you'll get heckled out of the city.

DemonGeminiX
01-09-2019, 11:54 PM
And I prefer NY style pizza to deep dish, because that's what I grew up with. I do enjoy a good deep dish, but it's an entirely different animal to me. I swear, one of these days, I'm gonna head up to Chicago just to do a food tour. I wanna try their signature slop dishes: deep dish pizzas, Italian beef sandwiches...

Hal-9000
01-10-2019, 03:56 AM
Whiz is traditional, that's what they were using when the Philly cheesesteak was created.

You use Mozz on pizza steaks, steak sandwiches with mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce. The absolute best cheesesteak ever created. There was a time during my childhood in New Jersey when that was the only thing I would ever eat.

Whiz is only good when it's hot. If it cools down even a little, it becomes a horrible god awful gummy mess. American cheese is good when Provolone's not around. But Provolone, in my opinion, is the best.

If you request any other kind of cheese, you'll get heckled out of the city.

I admittedly would eat any iteration of philly cheesesteak, with or without Whiz :yumyum:

Hal-9000
01-10-2019, 04:24 AM
And I prefer NY style pizza to deep dish, because that's what I grew up with. I do enjoy a good deep dish, but it's an entirely different animal to me. I swear, one of these days, I'm gonna head up to Chicago just to do a food tour. I wanna try their signature slop dishes: deep dish pizzas, Italian beef sandwiches...

I like and eat a lot of different pizza styles. In the posts here I was more referring to these two people who live in NY and claim that any pizza made in their city, street vendors to restaurant made, is the best. The moment I alluded that good pizza can be made anywhere, I got called names and told that I can only rate Canadian foods like Elk (?) and maple syrup :lol: It's all in fun as I get along well with both of the posters.

After they took their shots I said to the girl who I've known for a few years - And I suppose you live beside the end of a large bridge, under the subway line which rattles your apartment every 15 minutes, and it's always nighttime, people throw buckets of water out windows, right after hanging their laundry on lines strung between the buildings. Apparently she lives in Jersey by the river and my stereotype was very close to her actual living arrangements :lol:

And oh yes, I'd like to try a few well known slop dishes as well. Heard about a New York deli that serves a huge pastrami and mustard sandwich that's so good, it ruins your desire for any other sammys.