PDA

View Full Version : Drunken daughter, 21, cracked dad's skull twice with poker, piece of firewood, authorities say

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2019, 12:18 PM
By Amy Lieu | Fox News

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/922/df7ChG.jpg

A Maine woman accused of splitting her father's skull after beating him with a fire poker and piece of firewood pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge on Tuesday, a report said.

Briana L. Rideout, 21, of Whitefield, was sentenced to 150 days in prison after her guilty plea for the 2017 incident at her father's home in Randolph, the Kennebec Journal reported. Randolph, about 10 miles south of Augusta, is in Kennebec County.

She had arrived at his home drunk, then they drank some alcohol with him in the basement, an affidavit said.

When an argument about money and other issues ensued, she allegedly hit him several times until a relative intervened and her father fled through a basement window, the Journal reported.

Her father suffered two fractures to his skull, a large cut over one eye, and bruises on his arms, shoulders and chest, the report said, citing an affidavit filed by Kennebec County Sheriff’s Deputy Jeffrey Boudreau.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-09-2019, 04:26 PM
deport that bitch

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 06:14 PM
I never understand the penalty system.

She hit an older person in the head with a fire poker and a piece of wood. She's damn lucky he didn't die.

And it's misdemeanor assault?

Pony
01-09-2019, 06:42 PM
I never understand the penalty system.

She hit an older person in the head with a fire poker and a piece of wood. She's damn lucky he didn't die.

And it's misdemeanor assault?

Really surprising. Especially considering the comparatively minor offenses they pass out felonies for these days.

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Really surprising. Especially considering the comparatively minor offenses they pass out felonies for these days.

I read something years ago comparing things like tax evasion to murder in terms of time given. The one thing that stood out to me was kidnapping. Sure, it's a serious crime but the way it's written even if you delay someone against their will, you may get a few years in jail.

I read a horrible, brutal story about some teen guys in Asia (17, 18) who abducted a girl walking home from school and kept her prisoner for over a month, while torturing and raping her. They used tools to remove parts of her body...and abused her so bad the coroner couldn't decide which act actually caused her death.

All this happened at the parent's house of one of the boys. Parent's claimed they didn't know.

Long one short, they all got under 18 years, all of them are out of prison now. This is after a proven abduction, rape, torture and death of a young girl.

Apologies for this, but the story was so bad it's stuck with me forever.

Pony
01-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Wow, that's brutal. It's just shocking how they pass sentences these days. IMO opinion every case should be judged on it's individual circumstances, not by what legal definition it fits in.

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Part of the uneven sentencing was due the ages of the guys involved, and also because the investigators couldn't absolutely prove who did what in terms of violence.

I remember one of the boys plead guilty in return for a reduced sentence and he named other guys involved.

Most of them have changed their names, are working, lead good lives and/or are spending the parent's money.

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 07:28 PM
The leader was sentenced 17 years (he was 18 yrs old) and was released in 2013. His was the worst sentence in terms of time served.

This is the wiki article and warning, there are descriptions of what they did to her in the Crime section.

Further down on the page are the sentences...four to six years, eight years in a juvi prison...it's truly amazing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Jeezus...the mother of one of the boys vandalized the victim's grave because 'she ruined her son's life'.

:|

One of the worst stories I've ever read.