PDA

View Full Version : Man Tries Robbing Woman At Chicago Bus Stop. She Fatally Shoots Him.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2019, 02:30 PM
By Kassy Dillon - The Daily Wire

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/921/RWN7k8.jpg

A woman with a concealed carry license fatally shot an armed man who attempted to rob her while at a bus stop in the Fernwood neighborhood in Chicago Tuesday morning.

Around 6:15 a.m., the 25-year-old woman was approached while waiting for her bus alone, by a 19-year-old man who attempted to rob her at gunpoint, ABC 7 reported.

The man reportedly pulled out a firearm and announced he would rob her. The woman reached for her firearm and fired one round at the attempted robber, shooting him in the neck.

In a surveillance video, the man is seen fleeing the scene after being shot and the woman runs in the opposite direction. He was later discovered one block away and taken to Christ Medical Center where he died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWKss_21yvo

ABC7 reporter Diane Pathieu tweeted that the woman had a concealed carry license.

“Surveillance cameras capture an attempted armed robbery,” Pathieu wrote. “A 19yo man attempted to rob a 25yo woman at gunpoint waiting at a bus stop at 103rd & Wallace. What he didn’t know is that she has a concealed carry license. She pulled out her gun and shot him in the neck. He died.”
The identities of both people involved in the incident have not been released, and the woman has reportedly suffered a minor injury.

Neighbors told CBS Chicago that they supported the women's act of self-defense.

“I’m glad that she fought back, I’m glad that we’re not reading about her on a slab somewhere,” a local woman told reporters. “In this day and age, they don’t care whether or not if you’re a senior citizen or you’re middle-aged or you’re a child, if they pull a gun on you they intend to hurt you in some way and take everything that you worked for. We don’t owe the offender anything.”

Another neighbor said that she was “proud” of what the victim did because “she stuck up for herself.”

Chicago is no stranger to gun violence and crime. According to the Chicago Tribune, in 2018, more than 2,900 people were shot and there were more than 570 homicides, which is an 18% decline for shootings and a 15% decline for homicides from 2017.

DemonGeminiX
01-10-2019, 12:03 AM
:clap:

There was also a story out of Brazil where some dude tried to mug a woman with a fake gun while she was waiting outside of her house for an Uber. Turns out she's a professional MMA fighter and she tuned his ass up really bad after she figured out that the gun was fake. Polyana Viana. She's pretty damn hot too.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-10-2019, 12:20 AM
:clap:

There was also a story out of Brazil where some dude tried to mug a woman with a fake gun while she was waiting outside of her house for an Uber. Turns out she's a professional MMA fighter and she tuned his ass up really bad after she figured out that the gun was fake. Polyana Viana. She's pretty damn hot too.It's here on the news section, posted it yesterday.

lost in melb.
01-10-2019, 01:14 AM
How is this 'justice'? Due to your ridiculous concealed weapons laws not only has a young man been denied an opportunity for rehabilitation, his life has been taken.

She should be charged with murder.

RBP
01-10-2019, 01:42 AM
How is this 'justice'? Due to your ridiculous concealed weapons laws not only has a young man been denied an opportunity for rehabilitation, his life has been taken.

That doesn't compute on this side of the pond. Especially in Chicago. Bravo and Kudos. As for concealed carry, you'd be okay if she took his head off with a baseball bat? Chances are she'd be dead choosing that method to defend herself.

I wouldn't call it justice, but I'd certainly call it justified self-defense.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-10-2019, 11:42 AM

So wait, the guy that was trying to rob a woman alone, at gunpoint, is the victim? :-s You do realize that in Illinois in general, and Chicago specifically, it's damn hard to get a concealed carry weapon permit? This woman jumped through all kinds of hoops to be able to protect herself.

Sorry, you're out of your mind and he got what he deserved. To take Godfather's line, plays stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Here's a statistic to ponder...100% of the people that don't participate in armed robbery, don't get shot by their intended victim.

Goofy
01-10-2019, 12:26 PM
Play with fire, expect to get burned.

Hal-9000
01-10-2019, 12:32 PM
This guy walks up to a group of women and children pointing a gun. Off duty military officer shoots him point blank in the chest and leg. He dies later in hospital.

Was this wrong or did she potentially save lives?

*warning, video of incident with news story below*

https://www.policeone.com/officer-shootings/articles/474787006-Video-Off-duty-officer-fatally-shoots-would-be-armed-robber/

Pony
01-10-2019, 02:06 PM
So wait, the guy that was trying to rob a woman alone, at gunpoint, is the victim?

:hand:
He dindunuffin and she's a racist.

This guy walks up to a group of women and children pointing a gun. Off duty military officer shoots him point blank in the chest and leg. He dies later in hospital.

https://www.policeone.com/officer-shootings/articles/474787006-Video-Off-duty-officer-fatally-shoots-would-be-armed-robber/

Great quality video. IMO She likely saved lives, and is a hero. The only thing I do not like at all is that she was not paying attention to line of fire. She fired with the little girl and mother behind him. Always be aware of your surroundings when firing.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-10-2019, 02:21 PM
...You do realize that in Illinois in general, and Chicago specifically, it's damn hard to get a concealed carry weapon permit? This woman jumped through all kinds of hoops to be able to protect herself...

https://i.imgur.com/ZIq8DP8.png

RBP
01-10-2019, 03:12 PM

That one bad ass bitch. Nice.

KevinD
01-10-2019, 03:34 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest Lost was talking the piss. Yanking our chain so to speak. If not. Wow. I dunno how to respond to that ignorance.

Hal-9000
01-10-2019, 05:17 PM
To answer my own question I'm a pacifist and generally think guns have no place in society outside of police and military.

However when a civilian starts waving one around, all that is off the table. I'm not a fan of the potential Wild West scenario where everyone has one and starts firing at 'who they think is a problem'.

The Samaritan School Shooter situation is an example. I would love to hear about how a teacher or resource officer took out a school shooter. But as a security officer said - The police don't know who the good and bad guys are when they roll up on a shooting. Anyone firing a gun can and will be a target in the moment.

All that being said, I liked what the women did in the video I posted because she analyzed the situation, took action and luckily no one else was hurt. Despite what my overall feelings on the subject are, I will always support people who defend themselves or others using a gun in an intelligent capacity.

RBP
01-10-2019, 05:26 PM
To answer my own question I'm a pacifist and generally think guns have no place in society outside of police and military.

However when a civilian starts waving one around, all that is off the table. I'm not a fan of the potential Wild West scenario where everyone has one and starts firing at 'who they think is a problem'.

The Samaritan School Shooter situation is an example. I would love to hear about how a teacher or resource officer took out a school shooter. But as a security officer said - The police don't know who the good and bad guys are when they roll up on a shooting. Anyone firing a gun can and will be a target in the moment.

All that being said, I liked what the women did in the video I posted because she analyzed the situation, took action and luckily no one else was hurt. Despite what my overall feelings on the subject are, I will always support people who defend themselves or others using a gun in an intelligent capacity.

She's also a cop....

Hal-9000
01-10-2019, 05:30 PM
She's also a cop....

Yep :tup:

lost in melb.
01-11-2019, 01:52 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest Lost was talking the piss. Yanking our chain so to speak...

One person here understands me :)