PDA

View Full Version : Michigan teacher fired over alleged sex scandal involving multiple students

Teh One Who Knocks
01-10-2019, 01:17 PM
By Mara MacDonald - Click On Detroit

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/3748/PVPXVh.jpg
Pic Unrelated

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. - A Michigan high school teacher has been fired after an investigation into inappropriate relationships with students and the Oakland County Sheriff's Department has launched a criminal investigation.

The school district sent a letter home to parents, but it was short on details. The letter informed parents that the district was notified about an alleged incident involving the "inappropriate conduct of a Rochester High School teacher with students after hours."

Sources close to the investigation have told Local 4 that the teacher is a 26-year-old woman. She is accused of having a sexual relationship with two students a 16-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy.

The alleged incidents are said to have happened off-campus in two locations, an apartment and a car.

In one case, investigators believe she had sex with one of the students in a car while other students were present and watching.

Some students spoke with Local 4 off camera and said the news was shocking. They had no idea of the firing or the rumored behavior.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-10-2019, 01:18 PM
WXYZ 7 Detroit

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. (WXYZ) — A Rochester High School teacher has been fired for having a sexual relationship with students during after-school hours, sources tell 7 Action News.

According to a notice from Rochester Community Schools that was sent out Tuesday, Jan. 8, the teacher was fired following a district-led investigation. However, a law enforcement investigation continues, which is why the teacher is not being named; she has not been charged with any crimes.

Sources tell 7 Action News that the teacher is accused of having sex with two students in both an apartment and in a car.

“You expect the best when your student goes to school," said Lazette Parks, a parent. "Whatever she did, I’m quite sure the board did what they needed to do.”

The school district states that with the ongoing investigation, additional details regarding the incident cannot be shared, adding that it could have a negative impact on the investigation.

Protecting our children remains our priority. Rochester Community Schools is committed to providing a safe, positive, and supportive learning environment for every student. District personnel are required to meet the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and performance. Employees whose conduct or performance falls short of expectations will be subject to disciplinary action. All members of our school community will experience an environment where they are safe, valued, and respected. We appreciate your support to encourage your son or daughter to talk to a trusted adult if they see, hear, or experience something that doesn’t seem right.

Goofy
01-10-2019, 01:27 PM
Pic unrelated :sad2:

RBP
01-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Pic unrelated :sad2:

:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Shes hawt

Hal-9000
01-10-2019, 05:02 PM
My teachers never looked like that.

Ok, there was Mr Brown but he was an exception.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2019, 01:37 PM
By Joshua Rhett Miller - New York Post

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7975/z1FRWf.jpg

A young, married teacher in Michigan who was fired earlier this week amid allegations of having sex with two students — including one illicit romp inside a car — is now facing criminal charges, authorities said.

The former special education teacher, Kathryn Marie Houghtaling, is set to be arraigned Friday on six counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct, Oakland County Undersheriff Michael McCabe told the Detroit News.

Houghtaling, 26, was fired Tuesday from Rochester High School after an internal investigation by Rochester Community Schools. District officials said the alleged incidents occurred outside of school hours.

But sources told WXYZ that Houghtaling — whose social media accounts were largely wiped clean of identifying data as of Friday — had sex with two students in both an apartment and a car.

The district’s superintendent notified parents of the allegations in a statement on Tuesday, saying that the charges are related to incidents involving “inappropriate conduct” with students outside of school hours.

“The safety and welfare of our students and staff is always our primary concern,” read the statement, which was obtained by The Post. “The district fully cooperated with law enforcement officials throughout the investigation. In order to protect the integrity of the criminal investigation process, the district did not publicly disclose any information that could have a negative impact on the case while the investigation was pending.”

Houghtaling, of Sterling Heights, did not return a message seeking comment early Friday. It’s unclear whether she has hired an attorney.

Some of the teacher’s neighbors, meanwhile, said they were shocked by the accusations.

“You expect the best when your student goes to school,” neighbor Lazette Parks told WXYZ. “Whatever she did, I’m quite sure the board did what they needed to do.”

Another neighbor, Bart Fox, said he’s having a hard time coming to grips with what Houghtaling allegedly did.

“That’s gross, that’s disgusting,” Fox told the station. “I mean, she should be embarrassed of herself.”

Fox said he’s now concerned about the safety of his own family.

“My daughter, really she plays out here in the summertime with a whole bunch of kids from down the street,” he said. “Like, are they really safe?”

Oakland County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Paul Walton told the Detroit Free Press that at least one of Houghtaling’s alleged encounters with the students, which occurred in November and December, took place inside a car.

Houghtaling, who also previously taught in Pontiac, is now facing up to 15 years in prison if convicted, the Detroit Free Press reported.

RBP
01-14-2019, 02:15 PM
That charge is non-coercive statutory. Lowest sex-crime felony in Michigan.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2019, 02:24 PM
And if she gets a good lawyer, I bet they could plead it down even farther.

RBP
01-14-2019, 02:51 PM
I know I have told this before, but an Illinois male high school coach had sex with two cheerleaders, eight counts in all. He got 4 years per count, running consecutively. 32 years in prison. Both girls denied any coercion and claimed it was consensual. I am only mentioning that because that appears to be the same way they are determining the level of the charges in this case.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2007-03-02-0703020305-story.html

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2019, 02:52 PM
You want to make a bet that in this case she only gets probation with time served?

RBP
01-14-2019, 02:58 PM
You want to make a bet that in this case she only gets probation with time served?

Nope. :lol: It's all over the place with the female perps.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2020, 11:16 AM
Dave Bartkowiak Jr. and Ken Haddad, Digital Content Manager - Click On Detroit

https://i.imgur.com/Q6KcFbrl.jpg

ROCHESTER, Mich. – A Rochester teacher charged with having sex with two of her high school students, and giving one of those students drugs, has been sentenced to at least 4 years (51 months) in prison.

Kathryn Houghtaling, 26 at the time, was charged in Jan. 2019 with six counts of criminal sexual conduct in the second-degree. She was accused of having sexual relations with two boys, 16 and 17, multiple times at multiple locations. However, authorities said nothing happened at the school.

Houghtaling was a first-year teacher who taught special education at Rochester High School. She started teaching there in August 2018.

Prosecutors added a 7th charge of delivering a controlled substance. The judge said prosecutors have medical evidence supporting that one of the teens ingested Xanax given to him by Houghtaling.

Family members of both victims spoke at the sentencing, followed by a tearful Houghtaling who expressed remorse.

“I have learned so much about myself and other people through this tough process. I’ve learned to take full responsibility for more my controllable actions and seek help for those that I cannot control,” she said.

Houghtaling agreed to a no-contest plea deal right before her trial started in January. The maximum sentence for the crimes is 15 years in prison, but it was not expected that she would be sentenced to serve above the minimum 51 months in prison.

Authorities said nothing happened at the school, and it’s unclear how long the alleged sexual relationships lasted. Sources say Houghtaling had sex with the boys at an apartment and one time in a car, while other students watched. One of the teens was a student in her class, prosecutors said.

RBP

RBP
03-06-2020, 11:54 AM
It's something anyway. Minimum.