PDA

View Full Version : Canada wants 1 million more immigrants over next 3 years

Teh One Who Knocks
01-11-2019, 10:59 AM
By Justin Doom - ABC News

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/923/yBOCEG.jpg

Canada, a nation of not quite 37 million people, wants to add more than 1 million immigrants through 2021.

"Thanks in great part to the newcomers we have welcomed throughout our history, Canada has developed into the strong and vibrant country we all enjoy," Ahmed Hussen, minister of immigration, refugees and citizenship, wrote in an annual report to Parliament. "Immigrants and their descendants have made immeasurable contributions to Canada, and our future success depends on continuing to ensure they are welcomed and well-integrated."

Hussen, now in his early 40s, fled to Canada from war-torn Somalia when he was 16.

"My experience is not unique," Hussen told The New York Times in 2017. "Canada receives a lot of refugees every year."

For Canada to add 1 million immigrants over the next three years, the nation would need to welcome approximately 350,000 -- roughly 1 percent of its current population -- in each of 2019, 2020 and 2021.

"Canada is a world leader in managed migration with an immigration program based on non-discriminatory principles, where foreign nationals are assessed without regard to race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or gender," Hussen wrote in his report.

About 1 in 5 current Canadians are immigrants, according to the report, with more than 6 million arriving since 1990.

About 13.7 percent of the U.S. population, roughly 1 in 7, in 2017 was foreign born, according to U.S. Census estimates. In 2016, that figure was 13.5 percent.

Hal-9000
01-11-2019, 08:56 PM
C'mon GF put a stop to this shit! :x

write new policy ffs

Muddy
01-11-2019, 09:00 PM
We got 15,000 waiting down in Tijuanah if you want us to transport?

RBP
01-11-2019, 09:53 PM
We got 15,000 waiting down in Tijuanah if you want us to transport?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0F2aYivCmU

RBP
01-11-2019, 09:56 PM
Canada is a world leader in managed migration with an immigration program based on non-discriminatory principles, where foreign nationals are assessed without regard to race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or gender," Hussen wrote in his report.

Managed migration with limited numbers? wtf? You mean you can't just walk into Canada and they let you stay? What kind of racist nazi bullshit is that? Canada shouldn't even exist as a separate country.

Pony
01-11-2019, 10:16 PM
Non-stop rail service from Mexico.

Hal-9000
01-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Managed migration with limited numbers? wtf? You mean you can't just walk into Canada and they let you stay? What kind of racist nazi bullshit is that? Canada shouldn't even exist as a separate country.

Non-stop rail service from Mexico.

Shush now both of you. Instead of continuing much needed work on the Transcanada Pipeline (which would allow us to move oil already produced and actually help part of our country out of a recession), Justin will instead build a large overhead rail system starting in Mexico, spanning the entire expanse of America, and end it right on Canada's doorstep.

Come one, come all to Canada! Where oil is only getting 42 bucks a barrel yet we'll have no problem giving you social assistance and aid while shutting down car manufacturing plants and ending the livelihoods of thousands of established Canadian citizens! Begin your new life here and now!!

:x **%$@!!

Godfather
01-12-2019, 08:12 AM
We need to vote and put a stop to this. I've joined Maxime Bernier's party. He's our only hope... and doesn't stand a chance :|

DemonGeminiX
01-12-2019, 09:20 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Party_of_Canada

That actually sounds like a good thing, GF. I hope more people join and get behind the guy for y'all's sake.

Godfather
01-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Platform is realistic and Canada-centric... whereas our current PM said there's no such thing as Canadian identity

People's Party of Canada
- Unleashing Canada’s Potential
- Decentralizing and Shrinking Government
- Making Every Canadian Richer
- Standing Up for Rural Canadians
- Canada’s Immigration Policy Must Aim to Fulfill our Economic Needs
- A Foreign Policy Focused on the Security and Prosperity of Canadians
- A Fair Gun Policy for Canada

I just don't get the party name :lol: Sounds far left rather than center right.

Pony
01-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Platform is realistic and Canada-centric... whereas our current PM said there's no such thing as Canadian identity

People's Party of Canada

That would probably be considered far right in the US these days. Sounds like a solid platform to run with.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-12-2019, 09:23 PM

People's Party of Canada

I just don't get the party name :lol: Sounds far left rather than center right.:racist:

RBP
01-13-2019, 12:22 AM

People's Party of Canada

You're a Nationalist.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2019, 01:02 AM
You're a Nationalist.Which equals racist :hand:

RBP
01-13-2019, 11:26 AM
Which equals racist :hand:

So they tell us...

lost in melb.
01-13-2019, 02:05 PM
Hey, thanks for leaping in there and taking that Saudi teen stuck in Bangkok! We LOVE youse :bananahi::kissass:

Hal-9000
01-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Hey, thanks for leaping in there and taking that Saudi teen stuck in Bangkok! We LOVE youse :bananahi::kissass:

Small weenie tucked in Bangkok?

Happens all the time....I hear 8-[

Godfather
01-13-2019, 07:52 PM
> Be Canada
> See Saudi girl in need of rescue
> Her family is going to murder her for leaving Islam
> Rescue her as a refugee
> Still want to welcome hundreds of thousands of her country men and women as immigrants

:-k Hmmmmmmmmmm

Muddy
01-13-2019, 09:25 PM
The muzzies have damn near taken over Europe..

RBP
01-13-2019, 09:53 PM
> Be Canada
> Still want to welcome hundreds of thousands of her country men and women as immigrants

:racist:

Trump only wanted to pause visa issuing until we could devise an reliable vetting process for some risky countries and people lost their minds.

lost in melb.
01-14-2019, 08:52 AM
> Be Canada

I was just amazed. This featured big in the news here. Our immigration Minister was concerned but um-ing and ah-ing about "...protocol and due process ".

I'm sure we would have taken her in couple more days but you guys were like Super quick draw :pewpew:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2019, 11:32 AM
I'm turning this whole thread over to the Canadian government as evidence of hate speech/hate crimes [-(

RBP
01-14-2019, 02:21 PM
I was just amazed. This featured big in the news here. Our immigration Minister was concerned but um-ing and ah-ing about "...protocol and due process ".

I'm sure we would have taken her in couple more days but you guys were like Super quick draw :pewpew:

That's what his wife nicknamed him. :haha:

Hal-9000
01-14-2019, 05:01 PM
I'm turning this whole thread over to the Canadian government as evidence of hate speech/hate crimes [-(

Oh k, k,k....

:doh:

damn my stutter :x

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2019, 05:09 PM
Oh k, k,k....

:doh:

damn my stutter :x

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/1751/vlaGEW.jpg

Hal-9000
01-14-2019, 05:11 PM
Could be worse. At least the million immigrants aren't Americans.

:dance: :cheerlead: :dance:

Pony
01-14-2019, 05:19 PM
Could be worse. At least the million immigrants aren't Americans.

:dance: :cheerlead: :dance:

I'm sure we would only send out best and brightest.

Hal-9000
01-14-2019, 05:21 PM
I'm sure we would only send out best and brightest.

Yeah, like the tidal wave of liberal lefts that threatened to come here after Trump won :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Yeah, like the tidal wave of liberal lefts that threatened to come here after Trump won :lol:

I don't think you'd like them. They have a problem with keeping their word and following through.