PDA

View Full Version : Teen felt ‘entitled’ to phone — and called 911 when dad took it away, Ohio police say

Teh One Who Knocks
01-16-2019, 12:24 PM
By Kaitlyn Alanis - Lexington Herald-Leader

https://i.imgur.com/Rrn3bPd.png

When a dad took his teen daughter’s cellphone away, the 16-year-old Ohio girl called 911, WDNT reported.

The answering dispatcher asked the girl about her emergency, and she responded, “My father took property, which is an $800 phone that doesn’t belong to him,” according to recorded audio obtained by WDTN. “He didn’t buy it,” she continued.

Officers responded to the teenager’s “emergency” at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday, the South Euclid Police Department posted to Facebook. She told police that her dad stole her cellphone.

“The girl insisted it was a Theft and she was entitled to the phone,” police wrote in the statement.

The dad had a different story.

He didn’t steal it, the dad told police, but rather he took it away for “disciplinary reasons,” according to the statement.

The responding officers told the teen that because she is under 18, her phone is a privilege — not a right, police wrote.

“Officers suggested she follow the rules her father set, if she hoped to get the phone returned,” the statement says.

Anthony Robertson, the girl’s dad, told WDNT that he did not give her the phone after her attempted theft report.

“Most definitely not,” he said, according to the Ohio TV station. “I can watch her attitude. When her attitude changes then I’ll give it back to her.”

Hal-9000
01-16-2019, 05:53 PM
her phone is a privilege — not a right, police wrote.

Sing this from the highest rooftops...children need to learn things don't grow on trees.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-16-2019, 05:55 PM
her phone is a privilege — not a right, police wrote.

Sing this from the highest rooftops...children need to learn things don't grow on trees.

:hater:

Hal-9000
01-16-2019, 06:00 PM
:-s

So you think this girl is right?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Damn right, that's her muthafuckin' phone and don't you be takin' that shit away from her :x

Hal-9000
01-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Damn right, that's her muthafuckin' phone and don't you be takin' that shit away from her :x

I wanna talk to your kid. We have some statements to prepare :lol:

Goofy
01-17-2019, 01:08 PM

Where do apples come from? :-k

DemonGeminiX
01-17-2019, 01:12 PM
Anthony Robertson, the girl’s dad, told WDNT that he did not give her the phone after her attempted theft report.

“Most definitely not,” he said, according to the Ohio TV station. “I can watch her attitude. When her attitude changes then I’ll give it back to her.”

Give him an award.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Where do apples come from? :-k

The grocery store :roll:

Goofy
01-17-2019, 01:44 PM
The grocery store :roll:
:slap: