PDA

View Full Version : Georgia TA: 'Some white people may have to die...'

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Eduardo Neret, Florida Campus Correspondent - Campus Reform

https://i.imgur.com/WlGXgtn.jpg

A University of Georgia (UGA) teaching assistant wrote Wednesday on Facebook that “some white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom." He added that to suggest otherwise is “ahistorical and dangerously naive.”

UGA philosophy TA Irami Osei-Frimpong made the comment during a conversation on the Overheard at UGA Facebook page. The comment has since been deleted. Osei-Frimpong claimed in May 2017 that Facebooksuspended him for quoting from an article which detailed how Texas A&M professor Tommy Curry had said “in order to be equal, in order to be liberated, some white people may have to die.”

“Killing some white people isn’t genocide; it’s killing some white people,” the UGA TA explained in a Medium post. “We had to kill some white people to get out of slavery. Maybe if we’d killed more during the 20th century we still wouldn’t talk about racialized voter disenfranchisement and housing, education, and employment discrimination. This should not be controversial.”

https://i.imgur.com/WKr98ds.jpg

Osei-Frimpong’s Wednesday comment, seemingly inspired by Curry, is far from the first racially-charged remark made by the scholar.

“Fighting white people is a skill,” the UGA TA tweeted on Jan. 12, adding that it is why he supports integrated schools. “You have to get used to fighting White people. It takes practice.”

He then quoted American clinical psychologist Bobby Wright, saying, “Blacks kill Blacks because they have never been trained to kill Whites.”

https://i.imgur.com/u64L0bA.jpg

Last semester, at a Young Democrats meeting, Frimpong compared Southern whites in America to “sociopaths” and “autistic kids.” Later on, in November, he called for Democrats to “wage war on the white electorate” and wrote that white “institutions” that “make crappy white people” such as churches, schools, and families must be “dismantled.” Facebook subsequently gave Osei-Frimpong a temporary suspension.

Despite the TA’s history with controversial racial rhetoric, UGA has chosen not to take any action.

Regarding his latest comments, a spokesperson at UGA’s Equal Opportunities Office said in an email obtained by Campus Reform that Osei-Frimpong’s views expressed his “personal opinion,” in his “personal capacity,” on a private platform.

The spokesperson also asked the recipient of the email to contact their office if any information was discovered that showed Osei-Frimpong made “discriminatory or harassing comments” in his capacity as a member of the UGA community.

Some of Osei-Frimpong’s UGA colleagues have gone as far to defend his previous comments about white Americans. UGA Associate Professor of Brain and Behavioral Science Dr. Janet Frick once tweeted that the TA’s comments were not hate speech, but rather “hurt your feelings speech.”

Campus Reform reached out to Osei-Frimpong for further comment but did not receive a response in time for publication.

Goofy
01-18-2019, 01:16 PM
What a racist cunt

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2019, 01:27 PM
What a racist cunt

Black people CANNOT be racist, you racist :nono:

Goofy
01-18-2019, 01:27 PM
Black people CANNOT be racist, you racist :nono:
:doh:

RBP
01-18-2019, 01:41 PM
What a racist cunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsfw5Xylh90

I have one enemy, and the enemy is the white race. No other enemies do I have. - Dr. Bobby Wright

It's fascinating that the argument is rooted on the black militant movement from the 70's.

All the press tends to cover in the rise in white nationalism, but black nationalism has significantly spiked, and black separatist groups were, last I looked, the largest number of hate groups of any category according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

If you want to go of the rails into the rabbit hole, start in on Egypt (Eqipt) as related to the black race. Warning: it's a confusing and very deep rabbit hole, largely propagated through prisons as a type of black-empowered religious philosophy, but (in my opinion) deeply rooted in white hatred.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2019, 03:38 PM
https://www.turners.com/

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Neetu Chandak - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/sFPjKBal.png

A University of Georgia graduate student does not understand why saying “some white people may have to die” is receiving backlash.

Philosophy grad student and teaching assistant Irami Osei-Frimpong originally made the comment on the Overheard at UGA Facebook page Jan. 16, Campus Reform reported.

“Some white people may have to die for Black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom,” Osei-Frimpong wrote, according to a screenshot from Campus Reform. “To pretend that’s not the case is ahistorical and generally naive.”

Osei-Frimpong does not understand why he is getting criticized, however.

“I’m confused why that is so controversial,” Osei-Frimpong said, WSB-TV reported Tuesday.

The UGA grad student added he was not trying to call for violence, but was being “honest of racial progress,” according to WSB-TV reported.

UGA donors and alumni have suggested to stop giving money to the school unless Osei-Frimpong is fired.

“If they fire me, they’d be firing me for doing my job,” Osei-Frimpong said.

UGA released a statement Sunday saying they were considering legal options.
“Racism has no place on our campus, and we condemn the advocacy or suggestion of violence in any form,” the statement posted to Twitter said.

Osei-Frimpong has a history of demeaning white people. He compared white southerners to “sociopaths” and “autistic kids.” The teaching assistant also called for white people’s churches, schools and families to be “dismantled” because they supposedly created “crappy white people,” Campus Reform reported.

UGA baseball player Adam Sasser, who was accused of saying racial slurs at the school’s football game, was dismissed from the team in October 2018, according to USA Today.

Osei-Frimpong did not immediately respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment.

RBP
01-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Hate white people and racially disparaging white people isn't hate. By the definition of the "hate has no home here" crowd, they and they alone determine what is 'hate' and 'racism' versus 'enlightened outrage against the oppressors'.

Muddy
01-24-2019, 03:32 PM
Fuck this guy and anyone that shares his mindset.

Hal-9000
01-24-2019, 07:15 PM
"Despite the TA’s history with controversial racial rhetoric, UGA has chosen not to take any action. "

Hope that decision doesn't come back on them if he decides to motivate a few like minded younger people...

DemonGeminiX
01-24-2019, 07:18 PM
If black people started running around killing white people, they'd be put down so fast. If you haven't been paying much attention to the news in the past decade, the police are assumed to not need very many excuses...

Hal-9000
01-24-2019, 07:31 PM
I'm worried. If a professor can make a statement like that and there's a group of younger people who find nothing wrong with the statement, the thought can gather momentum.

Sure, if militant Anybodys band together and start killing people the police will respond. But that doesn't protect the first targets on the list :(

I'm seeing a future headline with innocents getting hurt because of this guy :|

RBP
01-24-2019, 07:35 PM
Back up, I don't see the context to that comment. Anyone know what he means?

DemonGeminiX
01-24-2019, 07:39 PM
Back up, I don't see the context to that comment. Anyone know what he means?

Which one?

Hal-9000
01-24-2019, 07:42 PM
“some white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom."

Someone takes that thought and thinks they have to physically realize it in some way?

RBP
01-24-2019, 07:48 PM
Which one?

“some white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom."

Someone takes that thought and thinks they have to physically realize it in some way?

Hal's quote is the part that started this. I have no idea what that means.

Hal-9000
01-24-2019, 07:52 PM
Hal's quote is the part that started this. I have no idea what that means.

You're losing me too.

Which quote don't you understand...the one he made that's in quotes above or something that I've written?

RBP
01-24-2019, 07:54 PM
You're losing me too.

Which quote don't you understand...the one he made that's in quotes above or something that I've written?

“some white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom." as you quoted.

What does that mean... and I didn't understand your reply point (Someone takes that thought and thinks they have to physically realize it in some way?) either.

https://i.imgur.com/ZUCCKpe.gif

Hal-9000
01-24-2019, 08:08 PM
Right back at you Floyd :lol:

Prof from the story is saying white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom.

People hear the statement and don't find anything wrong with it.

Could someone interpret his statement loosely and start killing white people arbitrarily because of it?

As in, normal disagreements escalate to killing because young black people feel that killing white people is okay in the name of 'the struggle'?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2019, 08:10 PM
I think the TA's statement is pretty clear just like Hal says, he's saying that in order to make black communities whole, white people are going to have to die, most like in retribution for what happened to blacks under slavery and in the segregation era. But he is vague on how they are going to need to die and under what circumstance(s).

RBP
01-24-2019, 08:13 PM
Still don't understand. He had to have an intent with that statement, a story line in which white death is necessary. Especially if he doesn't understand why it's controversial, and anyone disputing it is naive. Naive about what? What is this scenario under which white death is necessary? I'm actually not looking for our conjecture, I want his actual story line that supports that comment.

Hal-9000
01-24-2019, 08:13 PM
I think the TA's statement is pretty clear just like Hal says, he's saying that in order to make black communities whole, white people are going to have to die, most like in retribution for what happened to blacks under slavery and in the segregation era. But he is vague on how they are going to need to die and under what circumstance(s).

Right on. And your last statement is my fear. He may have some vague historical thought on how a racial balance could be achieved and it's the listeners I fear who may realize that thought into some sort of weird action, because a person in authority vaguely hinted at an unpleasant idea.

Hal-9000
01-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Still don't understand. He had to have an intent with that statement, a story line in which white death is necessary. Especially if he doesn't understand why it's controversial, and anyone disputing it is naive. Naive about what? What is this scenario under which white death is necessary? I'm actually not looking for our conjecture, I want his actual story line that supports that comment.

Oh you want the subtext from him about his statement.

Well then send the man a tersely worded email and get off my back Willis! :x

RBP
01-24-2019, 08:16 PM
I’m just saying that America is set up to create functional White supremacists, and they have an attachment to it that’s not particularly moral. I wouldn’t be surprised if White people have to die before Black Americans can live in freedom.

That reads like he means "die off", like old white people need to die off so the newer generation can live with less oppression.

RBP
01-24-2019, 08:18 PM
:shock: I take that back.

"This should not be controversial," he argued at the time. "Some white people are really bad, and America abetted them reproducing that badness in their white progeny. I'd rather contain them with law enforcement, but US law enforcement isn't particularly committed to making sure that white people act in accordance with racial justice. If we want racial justice without having to kill them, then all of our educational and media institutions should be preparing white people for the hit they are going to have to take, so that we get racial justice without killing too many of them."

Black Panther stuff.

Hal-9000
01-24-2019, 08:23 PM
I got the same impressions from both of those statements :lol:

First one - Let the old Jim Crow generation fade away.
Second one - Let's create white interment camps if we can't outright shoot them.