PDA

View Full Version : Driver arrested for being under the influence of vanilla extract

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2019, 11:22 AM
Tribune Media Wire

https://i.imgur.com/zEJgLBtl.jpg

NEW CANAAN, Conn. — Police said a driver was arrested for driving under the influence after drinking vanilla extract Wednesday evening.

Stefanie Warner-Grise, 50, of New Canaan, was booked for operating under the influence after police were called to the scene of a vehicle stopped in a New Canaan intersection. The 911 caller said that the driver’s eyes were closed.

Responding officers said Warner-Grise had an odor of vanilla on her breath, her speech was slurred and she was unable to answer basic questions. Several bottles of vanilla extract were allegedly found inside the vehicle.

Police said Warner-Grise failed field sobriety tests and was taken into custody. She refused a blood alcohol content test.

She was scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.

Goofy
01-28-2019, 01:07 PM
Never knew you could get ripped off your tits on vanilla :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2019, 01:12 PM
God yes, vanilla extract is high in alcohol content. It's for the hardcore alcoholics...a guy I used to work with had a brother who was a hardcore alcoholic. He said that when his brother would visit, you couldn't leave anything out that alcohol in it. He would drink Nyquil, vanilla extract, and even cologne/perfume because of the alcohol it it. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2019, 01:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qqZffrL.png

70 proof, right up there with a lot of hard liquors.

Griffin
01-28-2019, 02:03 PM
A pint of vanilla extract would be what, about $100 bucks.:D

PorkChopSandwiches
01-28-2019, 04:52 PM
Im surprised you dont have to be 21 to buy it

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2019, 04:53 PM
Im surprised you dont have to be 21 to buy it

No different than Nyquil I guess, you don't need to be 21 to buy that either.

Hal-9000
01-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Never knew you could get ripped off your tits on vanilla :lol:

As Lance explains, vanilla extract was a big item with our first nations natives. That and Lysol spray. Some dumbass news piece in our town talked about both and then proceeded to demonstrate to viewers how to drink each of them :doh:

As kids, we stole some vanilla extract and had a taste of it...beyond horrible and I don't know how anyone could get enough down to get drunk.