PDA

View Full Version : President Trump donates $100,000 from salary to alcoholism research

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2019, 11:29 AM
The Associated Press

https://i.imgur.com/NiG0ToB.jpg

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has donated his salary from the third-quarter of 2018 to the federal agency that researches alcoholism and alcohol-related problems.

The White House says Trump donated $100,000 to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

Alcoholism is a personal issue for the president. His older brother, Fred Jr., died in 1981 after struggling with alcoholism, and the president has said he learned from his brother’s experience.

Trump pledged as a candidate in 2016 to not accept the $400,000 annual presidential salary he would be due if elected.

By law, he must be paid so Trump has donated the quarterly payments to various federal departments and agencies. The departments of Education, Health and Human Services, Transportation and Veterans Affairs, among others, have accepted Trump’s donations.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Funny how this always gets as little press as possible, but if Trump hurts a reporter's feelings, that's in the 24 hour news cycle for a solid week. :-k

:rolleyes:

RBP
01-28-2019, 02:13 PM
I'll drink to that. :cheers:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-28-2019, 04:53 PM
The horror

perrhaps
01-28-2019, 07:09 PM
I know I'll be castigated for saying this, but politicians who do this aren't donating any of their money to charity. Instead, they're redirecting taxpayer money to the charity of their choice without any budgetary allotment. I dislike Governor Wolf, but it's my understanding that he just endorses his paycheck and has it deposited back into PA's Treasury, and I admire him for that

Hal-9000
01-28-2019, 09:16 PM
Goofy donates to alcoholic research nightly :thumbsup: