PDA

View Full Version : Mesa woman accused of extreme DUI tells trooper, 'You know I am drunk'

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2019, 12:00 PM
azfamily.com News Staff

https://i.imgur.com/Ggb9VxW.jpg

MESA, AZ (3TV/CBS5) -- A Mesa woman has been arrested after allegedly driving 110 miles an hour and then later telling a trooper, "You know I am drunk."

Police say Taylor Ashburn, who just turned 21, faces charges of extreme DUI and unlawful flight from law enforcement.

On Jan. 23, a Department of Public Safety trooper noticed a car speeding along the U.S. 60 near Alma School Road.

The trooper tried to stop the car, but the driver, later identified as Ashburn, sped away, according to the police report.

A Mesa police helicopter followed Ashburn to a home a short distance away.

When DPS troopers arrived a short time later, they said Ashburn was still sitting in the car behind the wheel.

According to the police report, Ashburn "admitted to drinking a lot of alcohol" and told the troopers, "You know I am drunk."

The police report states that a breath test results showed Ashburn had a blood alcohol content more than twice the legal limit.

Ashburn's next court appearance is Jan. 31.

Hal-9000
01-31-2019, 06:45 PM
Twice the limit, doing 110 and trying to evade arrest causing a high speed chase? Lucky she didn't get shot.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-31-2019, 07:03 PM
:dance: