PDA

View Full Version : 'What is that? Heroin?' Driver voices surprise of 5-pound discovery, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Bob Kasarda - NWI Times

https://i.imgur.com/vBOmTnl.jpg

VALPARAISO — After pulling over a rented SUV with Florida license plates Friday along the Indiana Toll Road near Portage, a state police officer said he began questioning the driver using a list of potential illegal cargo.

"One by one, (the driver) shook her head left and right and stated 'no.' Until I asked about illegal drugs," the officer wrote in the charging document.

After freezing for a moment, Rochelle Lehr, 45, of Anderson, Indiana, denied she had any drugs, but a police dog later proved her wrong, according to police.

Police said they found four rectangular-shaped and shrink-wrapped packages in the trunk that were later determined to be nearly 5.5 pounds of heroin.

Lehr was charged with felony counts of dealing a narcotic drug and possession of heroin, according to court documents.

The passenger in the vehicle, Jesus Gonzalez Lopez, 30, of Mexico, was charged with felony counts of dealing in a narcotic drug and possession of heroin, police said.

Lehr was given a bond of $5,000 cash and $20,000 surety, while Lopez is being held on no bond.

Police said while questioning Lehr during the traffic stop, she told the officer she was traveling westbound on the tollway back from Philadelphia and said she was taking Lopez to his grandmother's funeral as a favor for a friend.

Police said they were suspicious about the lack of luggage. Lehr also told conflicting stories about the trip, police said.

She agreed to the search of the vehicle and appeared surprised when the packages were discovered, yelling, "What is that? Heroin?" police said.

When she asked again, police asked her what she thought.

"I don't know either, that's just what I thought it looked like," she reportedly said.

RBP
02-06-2019, 12:05 PM
Lehr was given a bond of $5,000 cash and $20,000 surety, while Lopez is being held on no bond.

:-k

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Amazing

Hal-9000
02-06-2019, 05:27 PM
"What is that? Heroin?"

That's like the cops approaching you and your buddy screams out - We don't have drugs on us! Honest!

:lol: shut up dude they haven't said a word

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2019, 05:29 PM
"What is that? Heroin?"

That's like the cops approaching you and your buddy screams out - We don't have drugs on us! Honest!

:lol: shut up dude they haven't said a word

And then to say "...that's just what I thought it looked like..." :lmao:

Hal-9000
02-06-2019, 05:48 PM
And then to say "...that's just what I thought it looked like..." :lmao:

:lol: yeah considering white powder could be anything these days and she helps out by narrowing it down for them...

What's that? 5.499 pounds of 79% pure heroin bought in Miami last night? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2019, 06:08 PM
I don't know how that got there officer :?

Hal-9000
02-06-2019, 09:00 PM
I don't know how that surprisingly excellent heroin for the price that doesn't make you nod off and drool when mainlining a few cc's got there officer.

:confused:

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2019, 09:03 PM
I know she's not attractive, but the no-eyebrow look makes her look worse.

Hal-9000
02-06-2019, 09:12 PM
I know she's not attractive, but the no-eyebrow look makes her look worse.

https://i.imgur.com/bevAIRF.jpg

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2019, 09:13 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
02-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Geez I had to take the long way 'round because I couldn't remember the actor's name :lol: