PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Warren Claimed American Indian Heritage In Texas State Bar Application

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2019, 12:27 PM
By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/6CNQnZdl.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) claimed American Indian ancestry in her application for the State Bar of Texas, according to a new report documenting the previously undisclosed example of Warren claiming American Indian ancestry.

"Warren filled out the card by hand in neat blue ink and signed it," The Washington Post reported. "Dated April 1986, it is the first document to surface showing Warren making the claim in her own handwriting. Her office didn’t dispute its authenticity."
The Post notes that this latest revelation is likely to cause problems for Warren because Democrats "want a nominee who can move beyond any problems in their past and present a strong challenge to President Trump."

"The Texas bar registration card is significant, among other reasons, because it removes any doubt that Warren directly claimed the identity," the Post added. "In other instances, Warren has declined to say whether she or an assistant filled out forms."

The post notes that the date on the State Bar of Texas registration card "coincided with her first listing as a 'minority' by the Association of American Law Schools."

"The date Warren reported herself as minority in the directory every year starting in 1986 — when AALS first included a list of minority law professors — to 1995, when her name dropped off the list," The Post continued. "Warren also had her ethnicity changed from white to Native American in December 1989 while working at the University of Pennsylvania. The change came two years after she was hired there."

The revelation comes after Warren apologized last week for to the Cherokee Nation for having claimed American Indian ancestry after her disastrous DNA test.

The New York Times reported that Warren "tried to put a nagging controversy behind her by apologizing privately to a leader of the Cherokee Nation for her decision to take a DNA test to prove her Native American ancestry last year, a move that had angered some tribal leaders and ignited a significant political backlash."

President Donald Trump has repeatedly mocked Warren over her claim, calling her "Pocahontas," a label that Warren has been unable to shake and continually draws attention to the issue.

"Advisers close to Ms. Warren said she has long expressed private concern that she may have damaged her relationships to Native American groups and her own standing with activists, particularly those who are racial minorities," the Times added. "However, as recently as December, Ms. Warren defended the decision to take a DNA test in an interview with The New York Times."

During her first 2020 campaign rally in Iowa earlier this month, Warren "was confronted by a voter in Sioux City on Saturday morning over her controversial decision to use a DNA test to prove her claims to Native American ancestry," according to CNN.

"I am not a person of color," Warren said. "I am not a citizen of a tribe. Tribal citizenship is very different from ancestry. Tribes — and only tribes — determine tribal citizenship, and I respect that difference."

"Pocahontas (the bad version), sometimes referred to as Elizabeth Warren, is getting slammed," Trump tweeted late last year. "She took a bogus DNA test and it showed that she may be 1/1024, far less than the average American. Now Cherokee Nation denies her, 'DNA test is useless.' Even they don’t want her. Phony!"
"Now that her claims of being of Indian heritage have turned out to be a scam and a lie, Elizabeth Warren should apologize for perpetrating this fraud against the American Public," Trump added. "Harvard called her 'a person of color' (amazing con), and would not have taken her otherwise!"

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Really, her degree should be rescinded. She used fraud to obtain it. Should be disbarred as well.

lost in melb.
02-06-2019, 01:38 PM
Oh, and Trump married a Cranach & cheats on her. Move on :hand:

Muddy
02-06-2019, 02:13 PM

What?

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2019, 03:30 PM

Being unfaithful to your fourth wife, who married you knowing you were unfaithful to the last 3, isn't nearly the same thing as getting a law degree or a license to practice law under false pretenses.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2019, 04:46 PM
pocahontas

Hal-9000
02-06-2019, 04:49 PM
pocahontas

I can't believe he called her that publicly and added (the bad version)

:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2019, 10:45 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/bVvduXA.jpg

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., on Wednesday was once again forced to apologize for claiming Native American ancestry on a 1986 registration card for the Texas state bar, and left the door open that there may be more documents out there with a similar claim.

The controversy appears to be difficult for the senator to put behind her. She had been planning to formally launch her presidential campaign on Saturday. A reporter on Wednesday asked if she would drop out of the race and she responded, "Thank you."

Fox News' Shepard Smith called Warren's actions "cultural appropriation." A Boston Globe columnist wrote flatly: With latest revelation, Elizabeth Warren can't beat Donald Trump.

Questions about Warren’s heritage date to at least 2012, when her Republican opponent seized on the issue during her first Senate campaign to wrongly argue she identified as a Native American to advance her career. President Donald Trump frequently deploys a racial slur to criticize Warren.

Politico reported that Warren, who apologized last Friday to the Cherokee Nation for revealing the results of a DNA test last autumn that showed just a trace amount of Native American lineage, was asked if there are any other documents where she claimed the ancestry.

"So all I know is during this time period, this is consistent with what I did because it was based on my understanding from my family's stories," she said. "But family stories are not the same as tribal citizenship."

The registration card was first reported by The Washington Post. Fox News has verified the document, which marks the first known instance of Warren claiming Native American ancestry on an official document.

Fox News reached out to Warren’s office early Thursday about the potential for more documents and did not get an immediate response.

Hillary Chabot, a reporter at The Boston Herald, wrote that the senator is looking to distance herself from the scandal, but brought up the wealth issue as another potential headache for Warren.

"Warren has worked hard to craft a narrative as a scrappy Dust Bowl native ready to take down vast corporations and billionaires like Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz. But she usually fails to mention her own vast wealth," she wrote, pointing out that Warren and her husband are worth as much as $11 million.

Paulette Jordan, a former Democratic state representative in Idaho and a member of the Coeur d’Alene Tribe, told The Associated Press, “It’s not exactly how you’d want to enter the arena” as a presidential candidate.

She apologized in private last week to the principal chief of the Cherokee Nation for “causing confusion on tribal sovereignty and tribal citizenship and the harm that resulted,” said tribal spokeswoman Julie Hubbard.

“I am not a tribal citizen. Tribes, and only tribes, determine citizenship,” Warren said, adding, “I have apologized for not being more sensitive to that distinction. It’s an important distinction.”

Fox News' Paul Steinhouser and the Associated Press contributed to this report

lost in melb.
02-07-2019, 10:52 AM
I am descended from Noble Visigothic, Celtic and Norman tribes. Can I have attention and freebies... plz, plz :bounce:

DemonGeminiX
02-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Nope, you're white. You missed the boat. If it were the 80s or the 90s, you could've had anything you wanted. Too late now.

Muddy
02-07-2019, 02:18 PM
What a sack of trash liar..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Her family has a Pow Wow Chow cookbook, she's Indian :hand:

DemonGeminiX
02-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Her family has a Pow Wow Chow cookbook, her family's racist :hand:

:ftfy:

Hal-9000
02-07-2019, 05:03 PM
I am descended from Noble Visigothic, Celtic and Norman tribes. Can I have attention and freebies... plz, plz :bounce:

You're descended from criminals. Don't try and dress it up all fancy-like, prisoner.