PDA

View Full Version : Amazon reconsidering NY HQ after fierce opposition: report

Teh One Who Knocks
02-08-2019, 05:46 PM
By Chris Ciaccia | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/xk7ool6l.jpg

Amazon is reconsidering opening part of its second headquarters in New York after fierce opposition from lawmakers, according to a new report.

The Washington Post, which is also owned by Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, reported the Seattle-based tech giant is reconsidering the plan and has not leased or purchased any office space for the project. The report cited two people familiar with the company's thinking.

“The question is whether it’s worth it if the politicians in New York don’t want the project, especially with how people in Virginia and Nashville have been so welcoming,” one person familiar with the company’s plans told the Post.

Speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not at liberty to discuss the plans publicly, the people said Amazon executives have had discussions inside the company to reassess the situation in New York and explore other locales.

The Post added that no specific plans to abandon New York have been made and it's possible Amazon could use them as a threat to pressure New York lawmakers. According to a December Quinnipiac University poll, 57 percent of New York City residents support Amazon’s arrival in the region, compared to just 26 percent who oppose the deal, Fox Business reported.

Amazon did not immediately return a request for comment from Fox News.

Late last year, newly elected Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez railed against the company for getting tax breaks at a time when she bemoaned of crumbling infrastructure.
As part of the deal, Amazon would stand to receive "performance-based direct incentives of $1.525 billion" for creating the 25,000 jobs in Long Island City. Of this $1.525 billion, up to $1.2 billion could come from a refundable tax credit through New York State’s Excelsior Program and a $325 million cash grant from the Empire State Development fund. The company also said that it will "separately apply for as-of-right incentives including New York City’s Industrial & Commercial Abatement Program (ICAP) and New York City’s Relocation and Employment Assistance Program (REAP)."

Last month, New York City Council Speaker Corey Johnson said no one should assume it's a "done deal." "I don't think anyone should assume that this is a fait accompli, and that this is a done deal," Johnson told Business Insider. "This is the beginning of a process where the public and the City Council and other elected officials are going to continue to seek answers and understand whether or not this is a good deal for New York City, or if we got played."

Amazon has taken heat from a range of public officials, including the aforementioned Ocasio-Cortez, as well as state Sen. Michael Gianaris and New York City Councilman Jimmy Van Bramer.

A half dozen more hearings are scheduled for January through March in advance of a vote by the New York State Public Authorities Control Board, which according to state law has final say over the "approval of the financing and construction of any project proposed by state public benefit corporations."

Amazon said it would bring 25,000 full-time high-paying jobs, approximately $2.5 billion in Amazon investment and eventually 8 million square feet of office space to Long Island City as part of its investment announced in November. The Seattle-based company also said that it expects to generate "incremental tax revenue of more than $10 billion over the next 20 years as a result of Amazon’s investment and job creation."

The Post noted that Amazon's plan to put part of its second headquarters in Virginia, where it will receive up to $750 million in state subsidies, is not being reconsidered.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2019, 05:08 PM
By Chris Ciaccia | Fox News

Amazon announced Thursday it was turning back on its plans to build its second headquarters in New York City, a company spokesman said in a statement.

"After much thought and deliberation, we’ve decided not to move forward with our plans to build a headquarters for Amazon in Long Island City, Queens," the Seattle-based Amazon said in the release.

"For Amazon, the commitment to build a new headquarters requires positive, collaborative relationships with state and local elected officials who will be supportive over the long-term. While polls show that 70% of New Yorkers support our plans and investment, a number of state and local politicians have made it clear that they oppose our presence and will not work with us to build the type of relationships that are required to go forward with the project we and many others envisioned in Long Island City," the statement reads.

The company added that it is "disappointed to have reached this conclusion."

"We are deeply grateful to Governor Cuomo, Mayor de Blasio, and their staffs, who so enthusiastically and graciously invited us to build in New York City and supported us during the process," the company continued in the statement.

Amazon said it would proceed as planned with the second part of its HQ2, which will be built in Northern Virginia, as well as its distribution center that it said it would open in Nashville. It will also continue to "hire and grow across our 17 corporate offices and tech hubs in the U.S. and Canada."

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio had previously touted the deal's benefits, which include a pledge from Amazon to create 25,000 jobs, paying an average of $150,000 per year in exchange for a slew of city and state tax breaks and subsidies worth up to $3 billion.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-14-2019, 05:22 PM
NY is great at driving away taxpayers and business

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2019, 06:30 PM
NY doesn't want jobs. NY wants free shit, dammit!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2019, 09:24 PM
David Knowles, Editor - Yahoo News

https://i.imgur.com/RxpmjS0.jpg

Notch another victory for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The freshman Democratic representative celebrated online retailer Amazon’s decision Thursday to scrap its plans to build a new headquarters in her New York City district.

“I think it’s incredible,” Ocasio-Cortez responded when asked to comment on Amazon’s about-face. “It shows that everyday Americans still have the power to organize and fight for their communities and they can have more say in this country than richest man in the world.”

Earlier Thursday, the company announced it was reversing the plan, announced in November, to build new East Coast headquarters buildings in New York City and in Arlington, Virginia. The Virginia part of the plan will go ahead. The company said it would not look for a new location to replace the cancelled $2.5 billion project.

"After much thought and deliberation, we’ve decided not to move forward with our plans to build a headquarters for Amazon in Long Island City, Queens,” Amazon spokeswoman Jodi Seth said in a statement.

Ocasio-Cortez was one of the leaders of the fight against the proposed deal, largely over the $3 billion in tax breaks the city and state promised the company.

New York’s chronic shortage of housing and the overburdened mass transit system were also cited by opponents.

The deal would have meant an estimated 25,000 new jobs for the city.

“We were subsidizing those jobs,” Ocasio-Cortez said Thursday. “The city was paying for those jobs. Frankly if we were willing to give away $3 billion dollars for this deal, we could invest those $3 billion in our district, ourselves, if we wanted to. We could hire out more teachers. We can fix our subways. We can put a lot of people to work for that amount of money if we wanted to.”

Mayor Bill de Blasio, who partnered with Gov. Andrew Cuomo in hammering out the deal, issued a stinging statement over the company’s latest decision.

“You have to be tough to make it in New York City. We gave Amazon the opportunity to be a good neighbor and do business in the greatest city in the world. Instead of working with the community, Amazon threw away that opportunity,” de Blasio said in a statement. “We have the best talent in the world and every day we are growing a stronger and fairer economy for everyone. If Amazon can’t recognize what that’s worth, its competitors will.”

Rep. Carolyn Maloney, who represents New York’s 12th District, where the Amazon headquarters was slated for construction, expressed her disappointment
Cuomo was also disappointed, but he took out his anger on the legislators who worked to torpedo the deal.

“[A] small group [of] politicians put their own narrow political interests above their community — which poll after poll showed overwhelmingly supported bringing Amazon to Long Island City — the state's economic future and the best interests of the people of this state. The New York State Senate has done tremendous damage. They should be held accountable for this lost economic opportunity.”

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2019, 09:31 PM
I hope this and all of the other shit that she's a part of comes back and bites her on the ass. She's a moron.

Griffin
02-14-2019, 10:03 PM
David Knowles, Editor - Yahoo News

“The city was paying for those jobs. Frankly if we were willing to give away $3 billion dollars for this deal, we could invest those $3 billion in our district, ourselves, if we wanted to. We could hire out more teachers. We can fix our subways. We can put a lot of people to work for that amount of money if we wanted to.”

Does this stupid bimbo actually think there is $3 billion sitting in the bank waiting to be spent? She doesn't get that now they won't get any tax money from the deal.

Pony
02-15-2019, 12:00 AM
Does this stupid bimbo actually think there is $3 billion sitting in the bank waiting to be spent? She doesn't get that now they won't get any tax money from the deal.

Yes. This is not the first time she has made similar comments showing how ignorant she really is on how the economy works. I believe last time it was about accounting errors in the millions of dollars. She wanted to spend money that never really existed except on an accountants computer.

Griffin
02-15-2019, 12:17 AM
The only spreadsheet she truly knows anything about is stretched on a king size mattress.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2019, 12:44 AM

You mean tax credits aren't the same as stacks of money? :confused:

RBP
02-16-2019, 05:36 AM

She has a degree in economics. :hand:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More like, “I’d like to order 25 pizzas. I made up this $300-off coupon + demand you take it, and if you want to talk about it at all I’ll leave.”<br><br>Queens: Where did this coupon come from? $300 is too much. Who gave this to you? This is weird.<br><br>Them: I TOLD YOU $300 OFF 25 PIZZAS <a href="https://t.co/nPfQAssYnC">https://t.co/nPfQAssYnC</a></p>&mdash; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) <a href="https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1096520101925437441?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lost in melb.
02-16-2019, 07:11 AM
The other side I read is that there isn't a 'jobs problem' in that area, rather a housing shortage.

RBP
02-16-2019, 02:24 PM
The other side I read is that there isn't a 'jobs problem' in that area, rather a housing shortage.

As a reason to push AMZ out? I am sure developers were drooling at the housing projects.

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2019, 03:00 PM

I doubt they have anything as big as Amazon in that area. Big business moving into an area brings big opportunities for more businesses from many different walks to follow suit. Like RBP said, housing developers would move in, which would also gives the area more revenue in taxes and utilities. Current businesses would get more business from new customers that come to work for Amazon from somewhere else. Other businesses that want to work with Amazon may set up shop there, providing more jobs to the area. Current businesses that are already located there that want to work with Amazon may get a shot in the arm, if needed...

RBP
02-16-2019, 03:14 PM
And other tech companies that want to ride the AMZ coattails as well. The deal included massive infrastructure improvements, by the way, badly needed for the horrid commutes of the working class folks that can't afford to live in the places they work.

When you're a "progressive" and every contributor on Morning Joe (MSNBC) is pissed and calling you an idiot, you know you fucked up. :lol:

The video is in this article, I could figure out an embed. It's awesome. :lol: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-joe-ridicules-aoc-celebrating-amazon-scrapping-ny-plans-shocking-how-little-she-understands/

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2019, 03:43 PM
How the hell AOC graduated college is beyond me.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2019, 04:20 PM
How the hell AOC graduated college is beyond me.

On her knees? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 11:22 AM
By Frank Miles | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/25ozHBRl.png

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio suggested on Sunday that critics of the potential Amazon campus New York City — such as Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — got the facts wrong over the money behind the tax breaks.

On Sunday morning, de Blasio responded in the affirmative when Chuck Todd of NBC News’ “Meet the Press” asked if the tax breaks offered to Amazon weren’t “money you had over here. And it was going over there.”

The Democratic mayor said: “And that $3 billion that would go back in tax incentives was only after we were getting the jobs and getting the revenue.”

“There’s no money — right,” de Blasio added.

Amazon had chosen the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens to build a $2.5 billion campus that could house 25,000 workers, in addition to new offices planned for northern Virginia.
“If we were willing to give away $3 billion for this deal, we could invest those $3 billion in our district ourselves, if we wanted to. We could hire out more teachers. We can fix our subways. We can put a lot of people to work for that money, if we wanted to,” Ocasio-Cortez said last week after the technology giant announced on Thursday that it had dropped plans to build the new headquarters in America’s largest city amid pressure from politicians and activists.

The mayor also noted to Todd that the deal could have been a way for progressive leaders to show a balance on economic issues.

“I have no problem with my fellow progressives critiquing a deal or wanting more from Amazon — I wanted more from Amazon, too,” de Blasio said. “The bottom line is, this was an example of an abuse of corporate power. They had an agreement with the people of New York City.”

He added: “They said they wanted a partnership, but the minute there were criticisms, they walked away. What does that say to working people, that a company would leave them high and dry, simply because some people raised criticism?”

The city was eager to lure the company and its thousands of high-paying technology jobs, offering billions in tax incentives and lighting the Empire State Building in Amazon orange in November.

De Blasio and Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the $2.8 billion in tax breaks and subsidies they were offering Amazon would result in $27 billion in tax revenue. The governor and the mayor had argued that the project would spur economic growth that would pay for the $2.8 billion in state and city incentives many times over.

“We are disappointed to have reached this conclusion — we love New York,” the online giant from Seattle said in a blog post announcing its withdrawal.

Cuomo lashed out at fellow New York politicians over Amazon’s change of heart, saying the project would have helped diversify the city’s economy, cement its status as an emerging hub of technology and generate money for schools, housing and transit.

“A small group (of) politicians put their own narrow political interests above their community,” he said.

Fox News’ Andrew O’Reilly and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2019, 05:17 PM
She is a special brand of stupid

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2019, 05:20 PM

These were jobs paying an average of $150,000 for 25k people. I doubt there are a ton of those types of jobs available

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 06:28 PM
She is a special brand of stupid

She's super smart and you're just jealous. Here's what she said about it all:

You know, I think it’s really important that we understand that we need to invest in our economy, but we need to invest in our people, and to give away $3 billion to a company that has a history of worker exploitation that’s paying below what the cost of New York City is not acceptable for us. We need to have good jobs, and they need to come to the table as in — you know, any company that wants to come to New York needs to come to the table as an equal partner, and you look at how Google came to New York; it was not nearly as controversial as this, and I think it’s because of, they were willing to work with local communities.

She continued:

What’s great is that our economy, our local economy, is already growing. So I firmly believe that if we want to take that $3 billion dollars that we were willing to give to Amazon and invest it in our local community, we can do that. We can make those jobs. We can make 25,000 jobs. But we don’t have to give away and allow our subway system to crumble so that Amazon essentially owns a part of New York City. We can create 25,000 jobs with Mom-and-Pops; we can create 25,ooo jobs with companies that are willing to come to the table, but we should not be giving away our infrastructure, our subway system, our schools, our teachers' salaries, our firefighters' budgets, to a company that has not shown good faith to New Yorkers. And we can ask for more because we deserve more.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2019, 06:32 PM
:facepalm: The government is so good at business

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 02:41 PM
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/43IwrUw.jpg

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vigorously defended her role in sinking Amazon’s move to New York City on Tuesday in the face of bipartisan criticism, claiming the deal would have been “one of the biggest giveaways in state history” and would have priced people out of the local community.

“Frankly, the knee-jerk reaction assuming that I ‘don’t understand’ how tax giveaways to corps work is disappointing,” she tweeted. “No, it’s not possible that I could come to a different conclusion. The debate *must* be over my intelligence & understanding, instead of the merits of the deal.”
The freshman Democratic New York congresswoman has faced days of criticism from normally friendly media voices and fellow Democrats over her role in Amazon's decision to pull back from building a $2.5 billion campus in the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens.

Amazon had cited the opposition of “a number of state and local politicians” in its decision to abandon the plans. Ocasio-Cortez and others at the local level had pointed to incentives such as a $2.5 billion in tax breaks as a reason for their opposition.

“If we were willing to give away $3 billion for this deal, we could invest those $3 billion in our district ourselves, if we wanted to. We could hire out more teachers. We can fix our subways. We can put a lot of people to work for that money, if we wanted to,” Ocasio-Cortez said last week.

Mayor Bill de Blasio pushed back on that claim on Sunday. Even as he slammed Amazon for its decision, the mayor said critics wrongly suggested that tax breaks represented money that could be spent on other things. He said it wasn’t “money you had over here. And it was going over there.”

The Democratic mayor said: “That $3 billion that would go back in tax incentives was only after we were getting the jobs and getting the revenue.”

Fellow Democratic Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., accused those who are against the deal, including Ocasio-Cortez, of being opposed to jobs.

"It used to be that we would protest wars. Now we are protesting jobs?” she said on CNN Friday, before criticizing the economic arguments of those opposed to the Amazon move.

"I'm a progressive too, but I'm pragmatic,” she said. “We are $4 billion less than we usually get and yet we are kicking out a company that would have been projected [to pay] over 10 years roughly $27 billion in taxes.”

New York Times columnist Andrew Ross Sorkin ripped into critics of the deal, saying it was evidence of a “financial literacy epidemic” in America.
“Quick lesson: NYC wasn’t handing cash to Amazon. It was an incentive program based on job creation, producing tax revenue,” he tweeted. “There isn’t a $3 billion pile of money that can now be spent on subways or education.”

But on Tuesday, Ocasio-Cortez mocked critics, saying “there’s NO WAY that this deal - one of the biggest giveaways in state history - could possibly have been bad, right?

“Surely there can’t be anything wrong with suddenly announcing a massive restructuring & pricing out of a community without any advance notice or input from them,” she asked
In her list of criticisms, she included claims that Amazon was selling facial recognition tech to immigration officials, and that real-estate insiders were creating rent spikes.

“Folks handling the failed deal treated community w/condescension+disdain for their legitimate concerns,” she argued. “I warned early to any & all that surging NYC costs+failing subways are creating major political forces to be reckoned with.”

“But I don’t know what I’m talking about, right?” she quipped, with a shrugging emoji.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 02:41 PM
Good for her doubling down on her stupidity :tup:

RBP
02-20-2019, 02:46 PM
Her profile looks like Nefertiti.

RBP
02-20-2019, 02:47 PM
Good for her doubling down on her stupidity :tup:

She's the Jussie Smollett of economics.

Pony
02-20-2019, 02:51 PM
She keeps whining about the failing subways but doesn't say anything about all the infrastructure improvements that were part of the deal.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 03:38 PM
She's the Jussie Smollett of economics.

It's funny because it's not just conservatives that are bashing her stupidity on this, it's EVERYONE. Yet she still thinks she's the one in the right here.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 03:39 PM
She keeps whining about the failing subways but doesn't say anything about all the infrastructure improvements that were part of the deal.

Pffffffft....minor details :hand:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2019, 04:58 PM
It's funny because it's not just conservatives that are bashing her stupidity on this, it's EVERYONE. Yet she still thinks she's the one in the right here.

Of course she thinks she is right, she's a fucking idiot, there is no way for her to see past it

Hal-9000
02-20-2019, 06:45 PM
Her profile looks like Nefertiti.

She has nice earholes.

RBP
02-21-2019, 03:51 AM
She has nice earholes.

You jerked off to ear holes. Admit it.

lost in melb.
02-21-2019, 04:21 AM
She definitely botched the economics argument. The fact that she won't admit this and her rigid ideological stance bodes well for her political future :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
02-21-2019, 04:26 AM
She could always go into porn. Her intelligence fits the profile.

lost in melb.
02-21-2019, 04:28 AM
She has nice earholes.

I seem to have some competition here.

We may have to battle this one out!

https://i.imgur.com/5EP1Bnh.gif

RBP
02-21-2019, 04:33 AM

Rule 34

lost in melb.
02-21-2019, 04:35 AM

Man, if there was just one tits out and/or bikini shot it would keep me going :(

RBP
02-21-2019, 04:36 AM
Man, if there was just one tits out and/or bikini shot it would keep me going :(

:rapeculture:

lost in melb.
02-21-2019, 04:45 AM
:rapeculture:

You misunderstand me sir!

I would be launch a mass-campaign to have those websites closed! :x

(after pics secured on my hard-drive)

https://media1.tenor.com/images/99e59449b7554b81bd40770ce32aa322/tenor.gif?itemid=7723689

DemonGeminiX
02-21-2019, 04:49 AM

There was supposedly a fake out there that looked pretty convincing, but I can't find it right now.

RBP
02-21-2019, 04:51 AM
I find it far more interesting that they don't exist.

DemonGeminiX
02-21-2019, 04:57 AM
Smart women prove stupid enough to take them and get them stolen. Maybe this one stupid woman is proving smart enough to not fall into that trap.

lost in melb.
02-21-2019, 04:58 AM
There was supposedly a fake out there that looked pretty convincing, but I can't find it right now.

:link:

lost in melb.
02-21-2019, 05:01 AM
I find it far more interesting that they don't exist.

I would hate to tell you the far more obvious explanation :empathy:

RBP
02-21-2019, 05:10 AM

Go on....

DemonGeminiX
02-21-2019, 05:44 AM
I wanna hear this too, so :bump:

lost in melb.
02-21-2019, 05:56 AM

Go on....

I wanna hear this too, so :bump:

That she's a just a decent hard working gal...

...who happens to be endowed with a massive rack of juicy, suckable tits on a petite frame :homer:

DemonGeminiX
02-21-2019, 06:17 AM
No way. :lol:

lost in melb.
02-21-2019, 06:28 AM
No way. :lol:

:burn2:

Pony
02-21-2019, 07:24 AM

I think very early on she had silent backers that professionally scrubbed her entire online profile. She's in her 20's and has nearly zero as far as a social media presence. There's like no record of her at all prior to her decision to run.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2019, 11:18 AM
By Liam Quinn, Adam Shaw | Fox News

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is getting some negative reviews in her home city.

Fresh off helping drive Amazon’s planned headquarters out of New York City, the rising Democratic star has inspired a billboard in Times Square.

“Amazon Pullout, Thanks for Nothing, AOC,” the billboard, located on 42nd street near 8th Avenue, reads.

The high-visibility blast is funded by the Job Creators Network and will be up for all to see until next Wednesday.

“The Amazon pullout is a perfect example of what we’ve been saying: socialism takes and capitalism creates,” Alfredo Ortiz, JCN president and CEO said in a release on Wednesday.

“The economic consequences of the HQ2 termination gives America a small taste of the harm that is to come if Ocasio-Cortez’s anti-business canon comes to fruition and is made federal policy.”

It comes after Ocasio-Cortez vigorously defended her role in sinking Amazon’s move to New York City on Tuesday in the face of bipartisan criticism, claiming the deal would have been “one of the biggest giveaways in state history” and would have priced people out of the local community.

“Frankly, the knee-jerk reaction assuming that I ‘don’t understand’ how tax giveaways to corps work is disappointing,” she tweeted.
“No, it’s not possible that I could come to a different conclusion. The debate *must* be over my intelligence & understanding, instead of the merits of the deal.”

The freshman Democratic New York congresswoman has faced days of criticism from normally friendly media voices and fellow Democrats over her role in Amazon's decision to pull back from building a $2.5 billion campus in the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens.
Amazon had cited the opposition of “a number of state and local politicians” in its decision to abandon the plans. Ocasio-Cortez and others at the local level had pointed to incentives such as a $2.5 billion in tax breaks as a reason for their opposition.

“If we were willing to give away $3 billion for this deal, we could invest those $3 billion in our district ourselves, if we wanted to. We could hire out more teachers. We can fix our subways. We can put a lot of people to work for that money, if we wanted to,” Ocasio-Cortez said last week.

Mayor Bill de Blasio pushed back on that claim on Sunday. Even as he slammed Amazon for its decision, the mayor said critics wrongly suggested that tax breaks represented money that could be spent on other things. He said it wasn’t “money you had over here. And it was going over there.”

The Democratic mayor said: “That $3 billion that would go back in tax incentives was only after we were getting the jobs and getting the revenue.”

Fellow Democratic Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., accused those who are against the deal, including Ocasio-Cortez, of being opposed to jobs.

"It used to be that we would protest wars. Now we are protesting jobs?” she said on CNN Friday, before criticizing the economic arguments of those opposed to the Amazon move.

"I'm a progressive too, but I'm pragmatic,” she said. “We are $4 billion less than we usually get and yet we are kicking out a company that would have been projected [to pay] over 10 years roughly $27 billion in taxes.”

Amazon announced in November that it had chosen the Long Island City section of Queens for one of two new headquarters, with the other in Arlington, Va. Both would get 25,000 jobs. A third site in Nashville, Tenn., would get 5,000.

The company planned to spend $2.5 billion building the New York office, choosing the area in part because of its large pool of tech talent. The governor and the mayor had argued that the project would spur economic growth that would pay for the $2.8 billion in state and city incentives many times over.

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 06:10 PM
You jerked off to ear holes. Admit it.

Judgey McJudgerson :hand:

I was commenting on the ear hole depth. You can almost see clear through to the other side!

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 06:13 PM
I seem to have some competition here.

We may have to battle this one out!

https://i.imgur.com/5EP1Bnh.gif

I tugged on hal junior first, you're waaay too late on this pal :x

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 06:14 PM
I think very early on she had silent backers that professionally scrubbed her entire online profile. She's in her 20's and has nearly zero as far as a social media presence. There's like no record of her at all prior to her decision to run.

Some enterprising right techies will find the mother load...I bet there's pics of her getting gang banged by Klansmen in hoods she doesn't want found.

Pony
02-21-2019, 06:22 PM

Would the plot line be she is spouting off nonsense about socialism and a guy dressed as Trump comes in and straightens her out?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2019, 06:25 PM

As RBP has said before, it's mind boggling that there's NOTHING about her out there prior to a few years ago, and there's a lack of anything controversial anywhere about her on any platform. She's a Millenial, someone that grew up with the "modern" internet and the rise of social media, which she is VERY active on now, both Twitter and Instagram. You can't make me believe that just out of the blue she all of a sudden because a social media fan and that in the age of smartphones and digital cameras, that there is NOTHING about her out there at all. Not from college, not from high school, not from after graduating college...nothing. It's like she didn't even exist.

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 06:40 PM
As RBP has said before, it's mind boggling that there's NOTHING about her out there prior to a few years ago, and there's a lack of anything controversial anywhere about her on any platform. She's a Millenial, someone that grew up with the "modern" internet and the rise of social media, which she is VERY active on now, both Twitter and Instagram. You can't make me believe that just out of the blue she all of a sudden because a social media fan and that in the age of smartphones and digital cameras, that there is NOTHING about her out there at all. Not from college, not from high school, not from after graduating college...nothing. It's like she didn't even exist.

Yep this is Jussie levels of mysticism. She got her b/f access to the internal government mail server, just so he could have access to their google calendar.

She's a child of tech who somehow missed the birth of Twitter and Facebook? Not a chance.

Pony
02-21-2019, 06:55 PM
Yep this is Jussie levels of mysticism. She got her b/f access to the internal government mail server, just so he could have access to their google calendar.

She's a child of tech who somehow missed the birth of Twitter and Facebook? Not a chance.

I saw that. It's not their calendar, it's her govt account. He has no business having access to it. One of her assistants could send him her itinerary without potentially jeopardizing Govt email servers. He is the boyfriend of a 20-something YO girl. Not a spouse.

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 06:59 PM
I saw that. It's not their calendar, it's her govt account. He has no business having access to it. One of her assistants could send him her itinerary without potentially jeopardizing Govt email servers. He is the boyfriend of a 20-something YO girl. Not a spouse.

I thought that was a bad move as well. People downplaying it saying it's just a calendar and everyone does it...should also realize it contains government information and scheduling.

Pony
02-21-2019, 07:05 PM
I thought that was a bad move as well. People downplaying it saying it's just a calendar and everyone does it...should also realize it contains government information and scheduling.

Yea, "Everyone does it" is not accurate either. A couple people have in the past with their spouses or long term significant other. I don't agree with that either. Most just have their itinerary sent to their SO.

I guess AOC will figure out why when her boyfriends computer or phone gets hacked giving up access to her Govt google account. A shared account on Google calendar not only means he can view it, he has full access to edit/change/add to it.

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Yea, "Everyone does it" is not accurate either. A couple people have in the past with their spouses or long term significant other. I don't agree with that either. Most just have their itinerary sent to their SO.

I guess AOC will figure out why when her boyfriends computer or phone gets hacked giving up access to her Govt google account. A shared account on Google calendar not only means he can view it, he has full access to edit/change/add to it.

Watch him get exposed as a Muslim ISIS supporter and his statement will be - You think I elected to live with that dumb bitch out of love? By the love of Allah, fuck no.

Pony
02-21-2019, 07:21 PM
Watch him get exposed as a Muslim ISIS supporter and his statement will be - You think I elected to live with that dumb bitch out of love? By the love of Allah, fuck no.

I just saw that she was using campaign funds to cut huge checks to him during her run. All the while complaining she was broke and couldn't afford an apartment.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-21-2019, 09:03 PM
I just saw that she was using campaign funds to cut huge checks to him during her run. All the while complaining she was broke and couldn't afford an apartment.

I read that a supporter paid him a large sum, and is now part of her staff :roll: