PDA

View Full Version : Chris Pratt slammed by Ellen Page for attending ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ’ church

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2019, 11:50 AM
By Katherine Lam | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/ecOQuhAl.jpg

Ellen Page slammed Chris Pratt for attending a church she claimed is “infamously anti-LGBTQ” and doubled down on her comments on Saturday.

Page’s criticism came after Pratt appeared on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” and talked about being religious and completing a 21-day fast inspired by the Biblical Prophet Daniel. “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” actor frequently attends Zoe Church, which is modeled after Hillsong Church, a megachurch founded in Australia but which has locations in New York City and Los Angeles, the New York Times previously reported. Variety stated Pratt was also a Hillsong church attendee.

Following Pratt’s appearance on the late-night show, Page took to Twitter to criticize Pratt for attending the church, which she did not name.

“Oh. K. Um. But his church is infamously anti lgbtq so maybe address that too?” She tweeted along with a Hollywood Reporter article about Pratt’s interview.
On Saturday Page, who came out as gay during a 2014 speech in Las Vegas at a conference for the Human Rights Campaign, doubled down on her comment against Pratt and said the actor should “try and listen” to the LGBTQ community.

“If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organization that hates a certain group of people, don’t be surprised if someone simply wonders why it’s not addressed,” the 31-year-old actress tweeted Saturday. “Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all.”
She said in another tweet, “If lgbtq+ people are expressing their pain, their trauma, their experiences … maybe just try and listen? Open your heart, stop being defensive and have compassion. It’s a beautiful and life changing feeling, empathy. Much love truly to all.”
Pastor Chad Veach previously told the New York Times he modeled Zoe church after Hillsong, which is popular among celebrities, including Justin Bieber.

Senior pastor Brian Houston at Hillsong previously said in a 2015 statement that the church does “not affirm a gay lifestyle.”

“We do not affirm a gay lifestyle and because of this we do not knowingly have actively gay people in positions of leadership, either paid or unpaid,” he said in a post on the church’s website. “I recognize this one statement alone is upsetting to people on both sides of this discussion, which points to the complexity of the issue for churches all over the world.”

He said that he loves and accepts “people on a personal level.”

“Everyone is welcome at Hillsong church except for known predators, those who are disruptive, or those who have adversarial agendas,” he said, adding that gay people are welcomed at the church but cannot pursue a leadership role.

Page has been outspoken about LGBTQ issues and recently spoke out against the attack on “Empire” star Jussie Smollett.

Goofy
02-11-2019, 12:09 PM
:yawn:

RBP
02-11-2019, 01:53 PM
She sounds very hateful and intolerant.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2019, 01:57 PM
She sounds very hateful and intolerant.

What ever happened to minding your own business? I've never seen a story anywhere with Chris Pratt saying anything negative about gays, not once. And I'm sure if he had tweeted it or posted it on some other social media platform, it would be out there for everyone to shame him which seems to be the thing to do nowadays, digging up 6 or 7 or 8 year old posts (or older) and shaming people.

She just needs a big helping of STFU and stick to living her own life.

RBP
02-11-2019, 02:02 PM
What ever happened to minding your own business? I've never seen a story anywhere with Chris Pratt saying anything negative about gays, not once. And I'm sure if he had tweeted it or posted it on some other social media platform, it would be out there for everyone to shame him which seems to be the thing to do nowadays, digging up 6 or 7 or 8 year old posts (or older) and shaming people.

She just needs a big helping of STFU and stick to living her own life.

Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop.

Knowing what you know now, if you met Hitler before the Holocaust would you kill him?

lost in melb.
02-11-2019, 02:34 PM
“We do not affirm a gay lifestyle and because of this we do not knowingly have actively gay people in positions of leadership, either paid or unpaid,” he said in a post on the church’s website.

It's a hard issue to contend with :)

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop.

Knowing what you know now, if you met Hitler before the Holocaust would you kill him?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? :confused:

RBP
02-11-2019, 02:43 PM
It's a hard issue to contend with :)

a literal rim shot. ;)

A comment on a feminist podcast stuck in my head (well several did) when a guest said that the continuum of sexuality is expanding for college men and hopes to see it continue. :-k

Only in a political or activist environment would an expansion of bro-job culture be preferable over straight men learning to positively socialize, court, and sexually explore with women.

RBP
02-11-2019, 02:44 PM
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? :confused:

If you aren't fighting hate, you are a supporter of hate.

For shame, Nazi. For shame.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2019, 02:57 PM
If you aren't fighting hate, you are a supporter of hate.

For shame, Nazi. For shame.

:snapout:

Hal-9000
02-11-2019, 04:11 PM
"The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all."

"It’s a beautiful and life changing feeling, empathy. Much love truly to all."

You're not sending love to all.

You are publicly trying to shame someone for going to a religious institution you feel disagrees with your lifestyle.

Even if the church disagrees with the LGBQTCIAFBI and Pratt supports this...it's his right to do so.

Go away Fiona Forehead.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2019, 04:21 PM

You are publicly trying to shame someone for going to a religious institution you feel disagrees with your lifestyle.

Even if the church disagrees with the LGBQTCIAFBI and Pratt supports this...it's his right to do so.

Go away Fiona Forehead.

:agreed:

RBP
02-11-2019, 04:25 PM

Go away Fiona Forehead.

There aren't two sides. :hand:

We've had this discussion. THEY determine what is hate and therefore what must be fought. If THEY deem it is hate, fighting it is not hate, it's a righteous obligation. Stay woke, bruh.

Hal-9000
02-11-2019, 04:37 PM
There aren't two sides. :hand:

We've had this discussion. THEY determine what is hate and therefore what must be fought. If THEY deem it is hate, fighting it is not hate, it's a righteous obligation. Stay woke, bruh.

If that's woke, then I'm going back to sleep and please wake me when the world starts spinning on the correct axis again :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-11-2019, 04:50 PM
Stop tweeting about Chris and take some pics of your dirty onion ring for us to enjoy

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2019, 01:10 PM
By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/YDeh1hzl.jpg

After enough critics have sounded off about his "infamously anti-LGBTQ" church, actor Chris Pratt has issued a public response in defense of his house of worship.

In a post on his Instagram and Facebook stories, the "Guardians of the Galaxy" actor said that Hillsong Church is not a hateful place and opens its "doors to absolutely everyone."

It has recently been suggested that I belong to a church which hates a certain group of people and is "infamously anti-LGBTQ." Nothing could be further from the truth. I go to a church that opens their doors to absolutely everyone.

Despite what the Bible says about my divorce, my church community was there for me every step of the way, never judging, just gracefully accompanying me on my walk. They helped me tremendously offering their love and support. It is what I have seen them do for others on countless occasions regardless of sexual orientation, race, or gender.

My faith is important to me but no church defines me or my life, and I am not a spokesman for any church or any group of people. My values define who I am. We need less hate in this world, not more. I am a man who believes that everyone is entitled to love who they want free from the judgment of their fellow man.

Pratt's post included a quote from Jesus, "I give you a new command, love one another," which the actor said "guides me in my life."

"He is a God of Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness. Hate has no place in my or this world," Pratt concluded.

This past Friday, openly lesbian actress Ellen Page publicly criticized Chris Pratt for attending Hillsong Church, attended also by Justin Bieber and Kendall Jenner. It was founded in Australia with locations in New York City and Los Angeles. Carl Lentz, leader of the New York branch, said in 2015 that homosexuality is a sin. Later that year, two male choir members of the church got married and Brian Houston, the church’s global senior pastor, released a statement denouncing the union.

For this, Ellen Page and several LGBTQ activists have been demanding Chris Pratt publicly denounce Hillsong's past statements or clarify his own position at the very least. Page tweeted Monday, "If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organization that hates a certain group of people, don’t be surprised if someone simply wonders why it’s not addressed. Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all."

lost in melb.
02-12-2019, 01:18 PM
"If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organization that hates a certain group of people, don’t be surprised if someone simply wonders why it’s not addressed. Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all."

Ok, indulging her...the church won't employ gays. I suppose you could say this is not very progressive by today's "standards" (argument for another day).

Where did she get the notion of hate from, though?

Goofy
02-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Why are there so many acronyms these days anyway? Im just gonna decide for myself what they stand for :tup:

LGBTQ = Lesbian Girls with Big Tits Queuing :tup:

I dunno what they're queuing for right enough :-k

Goofy
02-12-2019, 01:20 PM

She's an asshat that enjoys attention? :shrug:

RBP
02-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Ok, indulging her...the church won't employ gays. I suppose you could say this is not very progressive by today's "standards" (argument for another day).

She defined what hate is. And then fought the hate. That's the MO. It's not being hateful if you are fighting oppressive (self-defined) hatred.

lost in melb.
02-12-2019, 01:37 PM
She's an asshat that enjoys attention? :shrug:

Needs Dick ( my running theory until proven otherwise ) :)

She defined what hate is. And then fought the hate. That's the MO. It's not being hateful if you are fighting oppressive (self-defined) hatred.

She did indeed. Thank you Ellen :|

RBP
02-12-2019, 01:40 PM
She did indeed. Thank you Ellen :|

I just emphasize this enough. It's the same justification for opposing free speech on campuses. Classic liberal thinkers must just shudder.

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Classic liberal thinkers must just shudder.

In today's day and age? They're violently convulsing and foaming at the mouth on a daily basis.