PDA

View Full Version : Man Allegedly Pulls Gun On Man Wearing MAGA Hat, Reportedly Tells Him, 'It's A Good Day For You To Die'

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 12:37 PM
By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/dQBpD4pl.jpg

On Saturday in Bowling Green, Kentucky, a man from Tennessee allegedly pulled a gun on a man wearing a Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat, stuck the gun in the MAGA-hat-wearing man’s face and reportedly threatened, “It’s a good day for you to die.”

The police report stated that the gun-wielding man was identified as James Phillips, 57, of Cottontown, Tennessee, according to WNKY. Phillips admitted he had given the finger to Terry Pierce and his wife, who were shopping at a Sam’s Club, as WBKO reported. WNKY added that according to the citation given Phillips, Pierce responded by giving the finger back at Phillips, prompting him to pull his gun.

Pierce told WNKY, “My wife was at Sam’s Club shopping Saturday night, and as we was walking up to the check-out line, a man approached us and flipped us off. I didn’t see the initial act; I seen him bringing his hands down and my wife had said, ‘Did he just flip us off?’ And she hollered at him, ‘Hey, did you flip me off?’ And he turned around and he done it again, and he said, “Yeah, I flipped you off because of them explicative hats you got on.’”

Pierce continued, “And when he said that, I went after him. And I went to him and I said, ‘What’s your problem, buddy?’ And he started screaming at me, so I returned the favor to him. Next thing I know, he drew a .40 caliber and stuck it in my face. Told me, he said, ‘This is a good day for you to die.’ And I asked him, I said, ‘Well, then, pull the trigger. Either put the gun down or pull the trigger' … And he left, and when he did, I went after him. I actually, before I went after him, Sam’s Club management had come and said, ‘Did that guy pull a gun on you?’ I said, 'Yes, he did.’ I said, ‘I’m going after him.’ They said, “No, don’t. We do not do stuff like that; we don’t want you having nothing to do with that.' I said, ‘That’s not me. I’m going after him.’”

Pierce added, “So me and my wife went after him trying to find him, cause he’s already disappeared in the store. She seen him leaving the store, so I took out after him at the store, caught him out in the parking lot getting ready to get in his vehicle. And he couldn’t get in — he couldn’t leave because his mother was still inside the store shopping. And another argument ensued right there in the parking lot. And I told him, he said, ‘You assaulted me.’ I said, ‘Man, I never touched you.’ I said, ‘What gives you the right to come up and say and do something like that to us?’ And it just kept escalating and Sam’s Club management had already called the law, and that’s when they arrived and took over.”

Pierce commented, "I have as much right to wear that hat and support my country and my president as he has not to.” He concluded, “Our society is heading in the wrong direction. You’ve got liberal versus conservative. It shouldn’t be that way; it should be America.”

Surveillance video obtained by police substantiates that Pierce did not touch Phillips; it does not show the confrontation with the gun. But the police report cites witnesses who said Phillips did indeed pull a gun on Pierce, and also states Phillips had a Glock .40 caliber with one round chambered in his back pocket and two more magazines in another pocket.

Phillips was arrested for wanton endangerment first degree.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2019, 05:13 PM
Amazing

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 05:17 PM
Amazing

Like you said in the other thread, the MAGA people are the problem :tup:

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 05:48 PM
That's a pretty scary thing. When a gun owner decides you're wrong over a fashion choice. Vigilante justice I understand, pulling guns for idiotic reasons never.

RBP
02-18-2019, 06:39 PM
That's a pretty scary thing. When a gun owner decides you're wrong over a fashion choice. Vigilante justice I understand, pulling guns for idiotic reasons never.

With a chambered round.

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2019, 09:37 AM

:x

I don't like your socks...

*pulls gun*

RBP
02-19-2019, 02:11 PM
With a chambered round.

Can the gun guys fact check me here? After thinking about it, a Glock .40 is probably a semi-auto so there would be no chambered round. Or am I confusing myself? A chambered round means the gun has been cocked, but you don't have to cock a semi-auto?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Can the gun guys fact check me here? After thinking about it, a Glock .40 is probably a semi-auto so there would be no chambered round. Or am I confusing myself? A chambered round means the gun has been cocked, but you don't have to cock a semi-auto?

Sure you do, you have to "cock it" which in the case of a gun like a Glock, is pulling back the slide after inserting the loaded clip, to get the first round in the chamber. After that, each additional round is chambered from pulling the trigger and firing the weapon.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2019, 02:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/fEUpCDw.png

The perp

Muddy
02-19-2019, 02:23 PM
Fuck that pansy...^^

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2019, 02:49 PM
With a chambered round.

Honestly, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to carry unchambered, especially in a double-action only semi-auto. If you get into a situation where you have to draw, you're not going to wanna waste any time chambering a round. Sure it doesn't take that long to do, but it's long enough where it could mean the difference between life and death.

I'm not excusing this guy at all, mind you. This is definitely not a situation where drawing was called for in any way, shape, or form.

Griffin
02-20-2019, 03:10 AM

You may be confusing hammer and striker fired. Most full sized semi-autos like a 1911 or desert eagle will have an external hammer that is set when the slide is racked and drops to hit the firing pin when the trigger is pulled. You can lower the hammer manually after racking or some have a de-cocking lever to safely lower after it is set. Then you have to pull the hammer back manually if it is a single action or just pull the trigger if it is a double action to fire. Double action has a heavier trigger pull since it is performing 2 functions (setting the hammer and release). Full size double action are my preferred pistol.
Glocks are all striker fired, meaning there is no external hammer. Basically it is a spring that is set when the slide is racked either manually or by the semi-auto function just like the hammer fired. The pros to striker fired are smaller, lighter, and no worry of the hammer catching on something causing an accidental discharge which makes striker fired preferred for concealed carry.