PDA

View Full Version : Parents call for action on mixed up pronouns in school

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 12:04 PM
By Neliana Ferraro - WCAX TV Channel 3

https://i.imgur.com/J9Zipq1.jpg

BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) He, she or they? Parents say student pronouns are getting mixed up at one Burlington school and they want the problem addressed.

Some parents say they've noticed some teachers at Champlain Elementary School do not consistently use their children's preferred pronouns.

Some reached out to school board members Monday for help.

"For one student whose parent I met with, that resulted in that student being home-schooled because their education became so disrupted by not being respected," said Liz Curry, a school board member.

Champlain Elementary School teachers will undergo special training at a workshop next month to learn more about the topic.

The district has contracted Outright Vermont to host the workshop.

Goofy
02-20-2019, 01:05 PM
:facepalm:

RBP
02-20-2019, 01:14 PM
Elementary school? Are these people insane?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 01:35 PM
Elementary school? Are these people insane?

:triggered:

RBP
02-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Is that picture legit? That school needs to get the girls dressing like children, not skanks in booty shorts. Or maybe those are the they's.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 01:45 PM
Is that picture legit? That school needs to get the girls dressing like children, not skanks in booty shorts. Or maybe those are the they's.

It's from the news story, so I assume it's from the school in question.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 01:46 PM
"For one student whose parent I met with, that resulted in that student being home-schooled because their education became so disrupted by not being respected," said Liz Curry, a school board member.

:roll:

RBP
02-20-2019, 01:52 PM
The parents aren't worthy of respect.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 02:04 PM

I looked it up, it's a K-5 school, so yeah, that girl in the photo is dressed inappropriately for her/his/ze/them age I'm thinking.

Pony
02-20-2019, 02:46 PM
I'm so sick of people demanding everyone else cater to their every whim but show no tolerance for others themselves.

RBP
02-20-2019, 02:50 PM
I'm so sick of people demanding everyone else cater to their every whim but show no tolerance for others themselves.

The enlightened ones decide what is right vs wrong, what is hate vs progress. There is no other option allowed.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 02:59 PM

The enlightened ones decide what is right vs wrong, what is hate vs progress. There is no other option allowed.

It's because we've gotten to the point where no one will stand up to them. These SJW's are nothing more than bullies, and even though the words are so overused now that they have lost any real meaning, being called a 'racist' (or any kind of '-phobe') bothers people and they just quietly back down.

RBP
02-20-2019, 03:03 PM
It's because we've gotten to the point where no one will stand up to them. These SJW's are nothing more than bullies, and even though the words are so overused now that they have lost any real meaning, being called a 'racist' (or any kind of '-phobe') bothers people and they just quietly back down.

Inclusive of the new radical feminism.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2019, 03:40 PM
If the pendulum keeps swinging in the direction it's going, I don't think we'll ever make it back towards common sense.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2019, 04:58 PM
This needs to end

Hal-9000
02-20-2019, 04:59 PM
Said it before...I feel sorry for teachers and people who have to address groups of children. How can you ever keep every little Mary and Jimmy's pronoun straight without a chart?

*excuse me, Mary and Jimmy and ABCDE and La-squisha-mi-nutz.