PDA

View Full Version : Swalwell bypasses coffee inside Trump Tower, tweets about it

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2019, 11:12 AM
By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/k9gD49ul.jpg

Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., got a different kind of roast after sharing how his trek to get a cup of coffee on Wednesday involved bypassing a café inside the Trump Tower and opting to brave the elements to find another coffee spot in New York City.

The leftist congressman posted about his coffee run on Twitter, alongside a photo of himself covered in a light dusting of snow.

"It's snowing in New York," he wrote. "I need coffee. The closest cafe is inside Trump Tower. This is me walking to an alternative."
Twitter users were quick to roast the potential 2020 presidential candidate.

“Swalwell later froze to death as slowly he came to the realization that most of NYC's cafes are run by a rival presidential candidate,” one user wrote, referring to former Starbucks CEO and independent presidential candidate Howard Schultz.
One Twitter user replied that Swalwell appeared to have taken his photo outside the Fendi store in Midtown Manhattan — an area steeped with coffee shops.

Swalwell's tweet received over 25,000 replies, some blasting the congressman while others poked fun at his dramatic winter journey.
The congressman, a member of the House Judiciary and Intel committees, did not update the post on whether he was able to locate another coffee spot.

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 05:26 PM
:facepalm:

FFS in the one pic you can see a trolley and footprints on the sidewalk exposing concrete. That 1/2 centimeter of snow is a problem?

My front street looks like a luge track down Everest and you complain about walking an extra block to get coffee?

fuck off princess

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2019, 05:27 PM
:facepalm:

FFS in the one pic you can see a trolley and footprints on the sidewalk exposing concrete. That 1/2 centimeter of snow is a problem?

My front street looks like a luge track down Everest and you complain about walking an extra block to get coffee?

fuck off princess

He was undergoing this hardship so he wouldn't have to set foot in Trump Tower, he's a very brave soul for doing this :nono:

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 05:34 PM
He was undergoing this hardship so he wouldn't have to set foot in Trump Tower, he's a very brave soul for doing this :nono:

I did like this "... while others poked fun at his dramatic winter journey."

:lol:

Pony
02-21-2019, 06:29 PM

He's a true Hero. He should be awarded the Nobel Peace prize for all he has done fighting the Great Nazi.

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 06:43 PM
I do wonder though in today's political climate, if he was photographed buying something in Trump tower would that become news?

I can understand him avoiding the possible backlash, but not advertising the action as some sort of trial to go through.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2019, 06:44 PM
I do wonder though in today's political climate, if he was photographed buying something in Trump tower would that become news?

I can understand him avoiding the possible backlash, but not advertising the action as some sort of trial to go through.

In New York City? I doubt anyone would recognize a congressman from California with all the people they see every single day unless you already knew who he was.

Pony
02-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Yea, seems like he just wanted to publicly pat himself on the back.

There are shops I don't go to for a variety of reasons, I sure don't step up on a pedestal and shout to the world about it.

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 06:52 PM
In New York City? I doubt anyone would recognize a congressman from California with all the people they see every single day unless you already knew who he was.

Yeah I'm not up on the details, only that the press seems to jump on things implying somehow it's news.

Democrat supports Trump platform with hidden seed money! or some shit like that :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2019, 06:53 PM
Yeah I'm not up on the details, only that the press seems to jump on things implying somehow it's news.

Democrat supports Trump platform with hidden seed money! or some shit like that :lol:

:rofl:

I doubt that the coffee shop located inside Trump Tower is even owned by Trump. It's probably a Starbucks or something. :lol:

Hal-9000
02-21-2019, 06:57 PM

I doubt that the coffee shop located inside Trump Tower is even owned by Trump. It's probably a Starbucks or something. :lol:

Snack shop in Trump Tower is not called Dictator's Donuts & Facist's French Fries?

:lol: my bad

Pony
02-21-2019, 06:59 PM