PDA

View Full Version : Nike launches ‘Icon’ Kaepernick jersey days after NFL collusion case settlement

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2019, 01:57 PM
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/5FwtA0ll.jpg

Nike released a special edition Colin Kaepernick jersey Wednesday just days after the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback settled a grievance with the NFL.

The Kaepernick Icon Jersey – a black design with white lettering – resembles the ‘#ImWithKap’ jerseys that quickly sold out last fall. The jersey sells for $150.

“We believe Colin Kaepernick is one of the most inspirational athletes of this generation, who has leveraged the power of sport to help move the world forward,” Nike spokeswoman Sandra Carreon-John told USA Today, adding that the jersey "marks Nike’s continued product collaboration with Colin.”

Kaepernick tweeted about the jersey Wednesday, saying: "For those true to themselves on and off the field. Proudly, unapologetically and against all odds. This is only the beginning. #TrueTo7."
Kaepernick sparked praise and criticism after becoming the first NFL player to kneel during the National Anthem with the intention of bringing attention to police brutality, racial discrimination and social justice. In 2017, he filed a grievance against the league, claiming he was effectively blackballed from playing. He has been a free agent since.

Nike made Kaepernick the center of its "Just Do It" campaign last year, prompting some to boycott the shoe brand and burn their Kaepernick jerseys. The marketing campaign worked. Immediately after it was launched, Nike saw an increase in sales in the wake of the ad.

Muddy
02-21-2019, 01:59 PM
This kid is a total fraud.

RBP
02-21-2019, 02:35 PM
I don't know Muddy. The Spastic Colin is a great example of how racism destroys lives. Growing up in wealthy suburbs is hard enough, but then layer in being a multi-millionaire professional athlete and the weight of his unjust life becomes almost unbearable. I can't begin to imagine how belittled and ignored it must feel to get a national endorsement contract with Nike for being a mediocre quarterback. It makes me weep to know that his life has been so hard. An $80 million dollar check for suffering such a tragic life at the hands of racist white people is not reparations enough for the Spastic Colin.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2019, 02:44 PM
I don't know Muddy. The Spastic Colin is a great example of how racism destroys lives. Growing up in wealthy suburbs is hard enough, but then layer in being a multi-millionaire professional athlete and the weight of his unjust life becomes almost unbearable. I can't begin to imagine how belittled and ignored it must feel to get a national endorsement contract with Nike for being a mediocre quarterback. It makes me weep to know that his life has been so hard. An $80 million dollar check for suffering such a tragic life at the hands of racist white people is not reparations enough for the Spastic Colin.

His check may have been as small as only $60 million :nono:

Muddy
02-21-2019, 03:01 PM

Wheres the /S ? :lol:

RBP
02-21-2019, 04:07 PM
Wheres the /S ? :lol:

/Spastic :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Can his 15 min be over now?

Muddy
02-21-2019, 05:50 PM
Can his 15 min be over now?

Bow to his Fro.

DemonGeminiX
02-21-2019, 06:06 PM
Nike really doesn't want my money.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-21-2019, 06:09 PM
I bought New Balance last month. Been wearing Nike forever, no longer

Muddy
02-21-2019, 06:19 PM
We have been buying Adidas.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2019, 06:20 PM
I've always preferred Reeboks.

Muddy
02-21-2019, 06:23 PM

:gay:

Hal-9000
02-22-2019, 03:23 AM
I've bought New Balance for the past 10 years or so because they're good for wide feet :thumbsup:

Worn everything from Nikes to Adidas in the past. Everything but Reebok, because you know...they're gay.

Hal-9000
02-22-2019, 03:28 AM

Sarcasm game on point RBP. One little addition.

The torment must be debilitating. Playing a game he enjoys and is competent at for his entire life while getting paid millions to do it.

And this dude looks more Middle East than Harlem East...he's really black? With that Jewish snozzola? :lol:

RBP
02-22-2019, 04:28 AM
:lol:

lost in melb.
02-22-2019, 05:32 AM
I've bought New Balance for the past 10 years or so because they're good for wide feet :thumbsup:

Worn everything from Nikes to Adidas in the past. Everything but Reebok, because you know...they're gay.

Only show I wear :thumbsup:

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/mens-990v4-made-in-us/M990-V4.html?dwvar_M990-V4_color=Grey_with_Castlerock#color=Grey_with_Cast lerock

lost in melb.
02-22-2019, 05:34 AM

https://archive.shine.cn/newsimage//NewsImage/2009/2009-06/2009-06-01/20090601_402641_01.jpg