PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League offers 'free' ski trip...but not for whites

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2019, 12:59 PM
Celine Ryan, California Senior Campus Correspondent - Campus Reform

https://i.imgur.com/YgJORu3h.jpg

Dartmouth College is offering students free skiing lessons this winter - as long as those students are not white.

Three “POC Ski Days” are scheduled this term, inviting “self-identified" students of color to ski for free. It is not clear whether the university is funding the trip or whether it is being funded in some other way.

According to an email promotion obtained by Campus Reform, attendees receive free ski lessons, transportation, and equipment.

https://i.imgur.com/F3Xe776h.jpg

While the events are not advertised anywhere on the university’s website, the event organizer, Dartmouth Assistant Director for Leadership and Experiential Education Tracie Williams, confirmed to Campus Reform that POC Ski Days are “university sponsored” events, and are, specifically, functions of the Outdoor Programs Office’s People of Color Outside Group, a student group called “Black Girls are Magic,” the school’s athletics department, and the Dartmouth Skiway.

Williams also confirmed that the free skiing would only be offered to students who are “self-identified” students of color, but clarified that the event itself is open to all “as it is held in a public space.” The organizer also expressed surprise that Campus Reform “got ahold [sic] of this event information,” calling it “interesting” and asking how Campus Reform obtained knowledge of the event.

“This just shows that identity politics has gotten to the point where even something as innocuous as skiing is an issue of race and oppression, and the fact that administrators feel the need to fund an event such as this exemplifies their preference for ethnic diversity over fiscal responsibility,” Dartmouth student Eashwar Sivarajan told Campus Reform.

Conservative YouTube comedy personality and Dartmouth alum Austen “Fleccas" Fletcher feels similarly about the event, telling Campus Reform he was disappointed to see his alma mater “continue to go off of the progressive rails.”

“It’s getting to the point where an Ivy League degree won’t mean much because these students aren’t actually learning anything and are in no way prepared for any of the obstacles they will face in the real world," Fletcher said. "Instead, they’re learning how to be offended and how to create a hierarchy that rewards victimhood as opposed to competence. These kids attribute success to privilege and failure to oppression and for that reason, they will likely join the ‘resistance’ when they get out of their college bubble.”

“Now we know why the left wants free education," he told Campus Reform. "They want to get as many of these young people into the anti-American indoctrination machine as possible. This attempt to fix the imperfections of this country’s history will do more harm than good. Artificially propping up the ‘oppressed’ at the expense of other students will lead to more inequality and division in the long run. If Dartmouth was a stock, I’d sell it!"

RBP
02-22-2019, 01:19 PM
I heed a translator.

POCO = People of Color Only?

BGAM?
AKA?
LALACS?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2019, 01:22 PM
I found one: LALACS stands for Latin American, Latino, and Caribbean Studies

Muddy
02-22-2019, 01:27 PM
Take it one step further and learn to ski on properties also owned by POC.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2019, 01:31 PM
Take it one step further and learn to ski on properties also owned by POC.

They own all the land, it was stolen from them by the IWEI (Imperial White European Invaders) :nono:

RBP
02-22-2019, 01:32 PM
I found one: LALACS stands for Latin American, Latino, and Caribbean Studies

BGAM = Black Girls are Magic
AKA is probably Alpha Kappa Alpha, an all black female sorority

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2019, 01:33 PM
BGAM = Black Girls are Magic
AKA is probably Alpha Kappa Alpha, an all black female sorority

So how are those different than the first one (POCO)? :confused:

Muddy
02-22-2019, 01:35 PM
What about Lambda Lambda Lambda, mutha fucka?

RBP
02-22-2019, 01:43 PM
So how are those different than the first one (POCO)? :confused:

I guess PoCo is People of color without the only, but same thing. :lol:

Those are student groups, not just racial definitions. So all POC versus members of those specific student organizations.

Pony
02-22-2019, 01:43 PM
I decided to start identifying as black. I dare anyone to tell me I'm not.

RBP
02-22-2019, 01:46 PM

Tell the ladies about your "prime Alabama black snake"

Muddy
02-22-2019, 01:46 PM

Sorry Rachel.. You cant do that if you are born white..

RBP
02-22-2019, 01:47 PM
What about Lambda Lambda Lambda, mutha fucka?

https://i.imgur.com/Fg1hxRY.gif

Pony
02-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Sorry Rachel.. You cant do that if you are born white..

Hey, if Elizabeth Warren can go from a little white girl to a native american running for president I think I as an oppressed black man deserve a free ski trip as reparations.

lost in melb.
02-22-2019, 03:13 PM
I actually think it is ok to give a leg-up to do something positive if there's a significant under-representation of certain groups at university ( or anywhere).

It's scaffolding, not just handing out cash.

RBP
02-22-2019, 03:54 PM
I actually think it is ok to give a leg-up to do something positive if there's a significant under-representation of certain groups at university ( or anywhere).

It's scaffolding, not just handing out cash.

So most US public universities have reached or are close to reaching the gendered tipping point, considered 60% female. And it's likely to get worse. I'm pretty certain we will not see specialized and funded male-only programming. Although I will say that some universities are so desperate for men that they are starting to establish men's centers in the model of women's centers.

Private universities are allowed to make gender-based enrollment decisions so they have stayed closer to 50/50.

As an aside, I would love your comments on the drastic spike in female crime while male crime has stayed flat or declined. I believe female incarceration has doubled in a short time in the US. While rape is at the lowest rate ever recorded for women (despite what we're told) there appears to be a growing incident rate of sexual assault by females.

I don't have the stats in front of me, so my numbers may be off.

Hal-9000
02-22-2019, 05:19 PM
I heed a translator.

POCO = People of Color Only?

BGAM?
AKA?
LALACS?

What about the FPWUATA?

*fuck people who use all these acronyms

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Acronyms define who they are, so pipe down whitey :hand: