PDA

View Full Version : High School Transgender Athlete Has Plans To Qualify For National Championships For Girls

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 04:25 PM
By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/HKIxBNJl.jpg

Andraya Yearwood, a transgender high school competitor who just finished second in the girls’ 55-meter dash at Connecticut’s state open indoor track championships, has plans to attempt to qualify for this year’s National Scholastic Athletics Foundation national championships, which are being held March 8-10, according to The Washington Times. The Washington Times added, “The group recently adopted new rules allowing pre-pubescent girls to participate with their affirmed gender, though no ages are specified. Post-pubescent transgender girls must have completed sex-reassignment surgery and ‘a sufficient amount of time must have passed’ after the operation or hormone therapy ‘to minimize gender-related competitive advantages.’”

The NSAF website, in its instructions for the outdoor championships in June, has this kind of verbiage: “Freshman and Junior High School miles are limited to first 30 entries per gender that both meet the entry standard and pay for the entry … Junior High Mile is limited to the first 30 entries per gender that both meet the entry standard and pay for the entry.”

Yearwood is a 17-year-old junior at Cromwell High School; he recently placed second behind another transgender, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, at the state indoor open championships. Miller ran the race in 6.95 seconds; Yearwood ran it 7.01 seconds. The biological girl who finished third ran the race in 7.23 seconds.

This season, Miller also won the 300-meter race.

As The Daily Wire reported, last June when Connecticut had its State Open track and field championships at Willow Brook Park, Miller broke the State Open records for girls in both the 100 and 200-meter dashes. Yearwood finished second in the 100-meter dash.

Hillhouse coach Gary Moore told Hearst Connecticut Media at the time that Miller should be able to compete, but the situation “wasn’t fair to the girls,” adding something should be done to “level the playing field.” He stated, “I’ve been stopped by at least five coaches, all of them saying they really liked what I said in the paper. How come other coaches aren’t talking? This is a big issue a lot of coaches have, that we’ve got to do something, but how come you’re not saying anything? I’ve said what I needed to say. I’m getting a little annoyed with the coaches that we haven’t been able to get together and do what’s best for everybody.”

Selina Soule of Glastonbury High, who finished sixth in the 100 last June and had studied the literature about Title IX and competitive sports, said of the rule allowing transgender athletes to compete against persons of the opposite biological sex, “Of course, it should be that way for math and science and chorus. Sports are set up for fairness. Biologically male and female are different. The great majority is being sacrificed for the minority.”

Connecticut permits transgender high school athletes to compete without restrictions; sixteen other stats have the same policy, according to Transathlete.com. Seven states have some restrictions.

Yearwood admitted he was stronger than some of the other competitors, but added there were other considerations: “One high jumper could be taller and have longer legs than another, but the other could have perfect form, and then do better. One sprinter could have parents who spend so much money on personal training for their child, which in turn, would cause that child to run faster.” The Washington Times reported that Miller said that if he felt another competitor had an unfair advantage, he would simply try harder.

Soule, who finished eighth in the 55-meter dash, thus missing out on qualifying for the New England regionals because Miller and Yearwood finished ahead of her, noted that now she wouldn’t have the opportunity to compete in front of additional college coaches. She added, “We all know the outcome of the race before it even starts; it’s demoralizing. I fully support and am happy for these athletes for being true to themselves. They should have the right to express themselves in school, but athletics have always had extra rules to keep the competition fair.”

Glenn Lungarini, executive director of the Connecticut Association of Schools-Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, claimed, “This is about someone’s right to compete. I don’t think this is that different from other classes of people, who, in the not too distant past, were not allowed to compete. I think it’s going to take education and understanding to get to that point on this issue.”

Jon Forrest, whose daughter is on the same team as Soule, favors letting transgender competitors run with biological girls but putting their results in a separate category. He added, “The facts show Glastonbury would be the state champion based on cisgender girls competing against cisgender girls. You don’t realize it until you see it in person, the disparity in the ability to perform.”

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 04:27 PM
By Peter Hasson - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/zuzrV3yl.jpg

Two male runners are continuing to dominate high school girls’ track in Connecticut.

High school juniors Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood took first and second place in the state open indoor track championships Feb. 16, The Associated Press noted in a report Sunday. Both Miller and Yearwood are biological males who identify as transgender girls.

One of their competitors, high school junior Selina Soule, told the AP it was unfair to force female runners to compete against male runners.

“We all know the outcome of the race before it even starts; it’s demoralizing,” said Soule. “I fully support and am happy for these athletes for being true to themselves. They should have the right to express themselves in school, but athletics have always had extra rules to keep the competition fair.”

Miller is the third-faster runner in the country in the girls’ 55-meter dash. Yearwood is close behind, tied for seventh nationally.

Miller and Yearwood’s success is just the latest instance of male athletes, who identify as transgender, excelling in women’s sports.

Miller and Yearwood easily outpaced female runners in the state in 2018 as well, when both were sophomores.

A sympathetic segment on ABC’s “Good Morning America” in June 2018 described the two runners as “dominating the competition” at the outdoor state championships earlier that month.

In that interview, Miller argued that female runners should work harder, rather than complaining about unfairness, when forced to compete against male athletes who identify as transgender.

WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHqiG_hrbsc

Yearwood acknowledged being stronger than female runners to the AP, but compared it to advantages other athletes might have from perfecting their form or doing extra training sessions.

“One high jumper could be taller and have longer legs than another, but the other could have perfect form, and then do better,” Yearwood told the AP. “One sprinter could have parents who spend so much money on personal training for their child, which in turn, would cause that child to run faster.”

Muddy
02-25-2019, 04:42 PM
This practice is unfair.

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 09:12 PM
I wonder how the people who typically support the trans community rationalize this particular snake pit of ideas?

Any doctor will tell you that men form more muscle naturally than women do, so when this mook Yearwood tries to bring up other factors like longer legs and better coaching as comparative reasons to lose, it just becomes a shit-fest of idiocy.

You're a dude. In fact the very advantage you have is the one you've been trying to change since you were a little boy..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 09:14 PM
:triggered:

RBP
02-25-2019, 10:23 PM
Insanity.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2019, 12:54 AM
Insanity.Transphobe :hand:

Godfather
02-26-2019, 05:06 AM
Insanity.

Without doing any research, I have to believe a large portion of even the LGBT community agrees. Maybe they're just too scared to call it out given how ruthless and self-eating they can be online. It's just completely illogical and it's going to hurt their 'ally' in women the most.

Pony
02-26-2019, 10:46 AM
Miller and Yearwood’s personal records for the 55-meter dash clock in at 6.91 seconds and 7.01 seconds, respectively, ranking them first and second in the state’s female competition, and third and seventh nationally.

Miller and Yearwood rank 120th and 195th, respectively, against their male competitors for the state’s 55-meter dash, DyeStat records show.

:roll:

RBP
02-26-2019, 12:21 PM
Transphobe :hand:

Transconfused. What's the distinction between a very effeminate man and a trans? Dangerous hormone therapy? And doesn't transmania socially corner people into self-identifying as trans, rather than just being accepting?

The OP only says they self-identify as female.

Honestly, I will mourn the loss of joyously hilarious flaming men if they all become angry aggrieved trans women. That doesn't feel like progress.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2019, 12:25 PM
Transconfused. What's the distinction between a very effeminate man and a trans? Dangerous hormone therapy? And doesn't transmania socially corner people into self-identifying as trans, rather than just being accepting?

Honestly, I will mourn the loss of joyously hilarious flaming men if they all become angry aggrieved trans women. That doesn't feel like progress.

I was just giving you shit :sad2:

RBP
02-26-2019, 12:31 PM
I was just giving you shit :sad2:

:lol: I know. And I promise to not use toilet paper. Save the planet, yo.

Muddy
02-26-2019, 01:48 PM

I feel the same way.. Why cant someone just be a flamer? Whats wrong with that? Why cant they just embrace who they are? Why do they have to go full on to transitioning to a different sex that is not biologically correct.. The whole thing will most likely cause major problems in the future...

RBP
02-26-2019, 02:09 PM
I'm sitting here laughing, trying to imagine the look on my face if I had a son who told me he was gay for women.

https://i.imgur.com/emEyK61.jpg

Hal-9000
02-26-2019, 05:36 PM
Yes it's another time I'm happy I didn't have a son. Can you imagine the questions in 2019?

Dad? Is is okay if I wear a bra to...

NO! Go put on your blue shirt, pick up a football and get outside and get yer fucken hands dirty in the mud! :x

8-[

Hal-9000
02-26-2019, 05:38 PM

120th and 195th in the 55 METER DASH? :lol:

What's that...an abbreviated race for people that get tired quickly?

:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2019, 05:39 PM

That's why they became girls :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-01-2019, 12:04 PM
By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/kB2Lay2l.jpg

Connecticut high schooler Selina Soule appeared on Fox News' "The Ingraham Angle" on Tuesday night to discuss transgender athletes in women's sports. Soule recently competed in a high-stakes competition where two biologically male transgender sprinters beat the field, taking first and second place by significant margins. Soule finished in 8th place, missing an opportunity to compete in front of college coaches by two places.

"I am very happy for these athletes and I fully support them for being true to themselves and having the courage to do what they believe in," Soule told host Laura Ingraham. "But, in athletics, it's an entirely different situation. It's scientifically proven that males are built to be physically stronger than females. It's unfair to put someone who is biologically a male, who has not undergone anything in terms of hormone therapy, against cis-gender girls."

Ingraham, a former athlete at the same high school, jumped in to rhetorically ask what happens when transgender athletes start infiltrating other sports, too. What happens to girl’s sports, she wondered aloud.

The Fox host mentioned recent comments made by gay advocate and tennis star Martina Navratilova, who warned that women’s sports are headed down a dangerous path if biological males, who have a clear advantage over women physically, are allowed to compete in women and girl’s sports. Ingraham noted that Navratilova has been "trashed" for making such an obvious, data-proven point.

"What are other members of your team saying about this?" asked Ingraham.

"My teammates and my fellow competitors — we are happy for these athletes, of course — but we do think it’s unfair, and for us it is upsetting when we work hard all season and put in a lot of effort, only to turn up at the state meets and get beat by someone who is biologically a male and lose state championships over this," said the high schooler.

Soule said student-athletes applying for colleges are already running into "major issues" because there is no specified way in Connecticut to differentiate between transgender girls and biological girls. So when college coaches review stats, they are looking at major discrepancies in times without any explanation, she explained.

The student-athlete has previously made similar comments about the issue. "We all know the outcome of the race before it even starts; it's demoralizing," she said, according to Fox News. "I fully support and am happy for these athletes for being true to themselves. They should have the right to express themselves in school, but athletics have always had extra rules to keep the competition fair."

Goofy
03-01-2019, 01:15 PM
:clap:

RBP
03-01-2019, 01:41 PM
That's why they declared themselves to be girls :tup:

:ftfy: