PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Block Republicans From Saving Infants BORN ALIVE From Botched Abortions

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2019, 12:37 PM
By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/NTKNIbDl.jpg

On Monday evening, Senate Democrats blocked their Republican counterparts from protecting infants born alive after botched abortion procedures. The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which is sponsored by Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE), failed to pass the Senate with a vote of 53-44, seven votes shy of the required 60.

The bill would mandate doctors attempt to save born-alive infants instead of allowing them to die.

"This bill amends the federal criminal code to require any health care practitioner who is present when a child is born alive following an abortion or attempted abortion to: (1) exercise the same degree of care as reasonably provided to any other child born alive at the same gestational age, and (2) ensure that such child is immediately admitted to a hospital," reads the legislation.

"The term 'born alive,'" the bill explains, "means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut."

Only three Democrats voted for the bill: Sen. Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA), Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), and Sen. Doug Jones (D-AL), reported National Review's Alexandra DeSanctis.

DeSanctis noted: "All six of the Democratic senators currently running for the 2020 presidential nomination voted against the bill: Cory Booker (N.J.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.), Kamala Harris (Calif.), Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), and Elizabeth Warren (Mass.), along with Independent Bernie Sanders of Vermont."

Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski, representing Alaska, declined to vote on the bill. According to DeSanctis, Republican senators Tim Scott (SC) and Kevin Cramer (ND) did not vote on the bill due to flight delays, per their communications directors.

The bill also states that anyone "who commits an overt act that kills a child born alive is subject to criminal prosecution for murder" and allows the mother in question to "file a civil action for damages against an individual who violates this bill."

The past few months have highlight the Democrats' abortion radicalism. As previously reported by The Daily Wire, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, a Catholic Democrat, recently signed and celebrated the passing of the euphemistically-named Reproductive Health Act, which legalizes abortion up to the moment of birth, loosens restrictions on who can perform abortions, and strips the murder of the unborn (including the murder of wanted babies) from the state's criminal code.

After the bill failed, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), who was an original sponsor of the bill, blasted Democrats, saying it was “unconscionable” that “protecting innocent, newborn abortion survivors is now a partisan issue. Every infant that is born alive despite a botched abortion deserves the same proper medical care and treatment that doctors are required to give to other newborns.” He added that the vote “made it crystal clear” that Democrats “support the legalization of infanticide” and “openly embraced the growing extremism” in the Democratic Party.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2019, 12:46 PM
By Haris Alic - The Washington Free Beacon

https://i.imgur.com/KzQnfOj.png

Democratic senator Sherrod Brown (Ohio) on Monday castigated Senate Republicans for attempting to protect children who survive abortions.

In a series of posts on social media, Brown lashed out for what he described as political posturing on the part of Republicans, specifically Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), who brought a vote on legislation mandating babies who survive failed abortions are given the same medical treatment as children born prematurely.

"Tonight's vote isn't about protecting women," Brown tweeted. "It's about scoring political points at the expense of women's health and freedom to make their own healthcare decisions."
Shortly before voting with the majority of his Democratic colleagues to block the bill, Brown followed up on his initial tweet with a video in which he chastises McConnell by name.

"I'm heading to the Senate floor to vote no," Brown says in the video. "Mitch McConnell is playing games again. This time he's playing games with women's health and restricting women's right to chose."

"It's wrong, it's more divisive, bad politics," he adds. "Mitch McConnell should do something to help people get insurance, not take insurance, not take health care, not take choice away from women."
Brown, who is considering a 2020 presidential run, was one of 44 Democrats to vote against the measure in the Senate. Contrary to Brown's assertion that the bill would restrict a "women's rights to chose," the legislation has no impact on the practice of abortion or the precedent set down by Roe v. Wade.

As previously reported by the Washington Free Beacon, nearly 77 percent of voters back legislation to ensure children born through abortions receive the medical care necessary to survive.

Apart from opposing medical care for children who survive abortions, Brown is also one of the primary co-sponsors of the Women's Health Protection Act. The bill would effectively strike down any laws that "single out abortion providers with medically unnecessary requirements and restrictions, do not promote women's health or safety, and limit access to abortion services," according to the liberal Center for Reproductive Rights. Such broad guidelines would include measures that prohibit abortion after 20 weeks and laws preventing abortion as a means of sex selection.

DemonGeminiX
02-26-2019, 12:50 PM
How can you vote for these people, America?

Griffin
02-26-2019, 01:13 PM
Isn't this the same people that say we have to protect the illegal children being snuck into the country?

RBP
02-26-2019, 01:14 PM
This is the issue that turned me against Planned Parenthood years ago. They have taken this position before, that a live/die decision on a live birth from a botched abortion is a decision between the mother and the doctor.

I remember replaying it several times because I was so disturbed by that answer.

However, I am not even sure this happens any more. They chemically kill the baby in the womb first. Still disturbing, but not a live birth.

Weighing the issues, I tend to believe this vote is more about 2020 than babies.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2019, 01:38 PM
This is the issue that turned me against Planned Parenthood years ago. They have taken this position before, that a live/die decision on a live birth from a botched abortion is a decision between the mother and the doctor.

I remember replaying it several times because I was so disturbed by that answer.

However, I am not even sure this happens any more. They chemically kill the baby in the womb first. Still disturbing, but not a live birth.

Weighing the issues, I tend to believe this vote is more about 2020 than babies.

For the sake or argument, say this is 100% accurate and there is never a live birth from a botched abortion. Even with all that, why would you still vote against this bill? :huh:

RBP
02-26-2019, 01:50 PM
For the sake or argument, say this is 100% accurate and there is never a live birth from a botched abortion. Even with all that, why would you still vote against this bill? :huh:

Playing devil's advocate, if I view the vote as purely political and can support the state bills as advancing "choice" while lashing out at McConnell for playing politics, there's a limited downside.

Muddy
02-26-2019, 01:55 PM
Anyone get Coonmans thoughts on this?

Muddy
02-26-2019, 01:57 PM
Listen... For her age.. I think Kamala Harris is good looking.. :oops:

RBP
02-26-2019, 03:11 PM

Do you picture her sucking off Willie Brown while you wank?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2019, 03:13 PM
Do you picture her sucking off Willie Brown while you wank?

https://i.imgur.com/CvFTqV7.png

RBP
02-26-2019, 03:31 PM
:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-26-2019, 04:19 PM

stop

Muddy
02-26-2019, 06:10 PM
I dont even know who Willie Brown is! (thankfully)

Hal-9000
02-26-2019, 06:16 PM
"means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut."

"who commits an overt act that kills a child born alive is subject to criminal prosecution for murder"

:-k

Surely there are situations where an underdeveloped fetus has to be removed and if the umbilical cord pulsates it's murder?

Reason #289 why I'm glad I'm not a woman.

Hal-9000
02-26-2019, 06:17 PM

stop

she is attractive

:coat:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2019, 06:20 PM
I dont even know who Willie Brown is! (thankfully)

https://i.imgur.com/2H20c2K.jpg

Ex-mayor of San Francisco

Muddy
02-26-2019, 06:21 PM
Wow.. He did well for himself...

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2019, 06:21 PM

she is attractive

:coat:

:snapout:

RBP
02-26-2019, 06:23 PM
Wow.. He did well for himself...

30 years older than she, and a well connected politician. Do the math.

Hal-9000
02-26-2019, 06:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2H20c2K.jpg

Ex-mayor of San Francisco

He looks like the guy who works the corner in the local boxing gym with a mysterious backstory of once fighting the heavyweight champ back in '63, but got his ever lovin ass whipped and now can only print his name and few other words due to the brain damage.

Muddy
02-26-2019, 06:25 PM
30 years older than she, and a well connected politician. Do the math.

The math is he got some tay-tay for what he could offer.