PDA

View Full Version : Ocasio-Cortez blasts moderates who sided with Republicans, says she's 'making a list': report

Teh One Who Knocks
03-01-2019, 11:21 AM
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/kQIlfoil.jpg

After more than two dozen moderate Democrats broke from their party's progressive wing and sided with Republicans on a legislative amendment Wednesday, New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez reportedly sounded the alarm in a closed-door meeting Thursday and said those Democrats were "putting themselves on a list."

The legislation that prompted the infighting was a bill that would expand federal background checks for gun purchases, the Washington Post reported. But a key provision requiring U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to be notified if illegal immigrants attempt to purchase guns saw 26 moderate Democrats side with Republicans.

According to the Post, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi scolded her wayward center-leaning colleagues, telling them: "We are either a team or we’re not, and we have to make that decision.”

But Ocasio-Cortez reportedly took it a step further. She said she would help progressive activists unseat those moderates in their districts in the 2020 elections, the report said. Her spokesman Corbin Trent told the paper that she made the "list" comment during the meeting.

“She said that when activists ask her why she had to vote for a gun safety bill that also further empowers an agency that forcibly injects kids with psychotropic drugs, they’re going to want a list of names and she’s going to give it to them,” Trent said, referring to ICE.

lost in melb.
03-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Anarchy! I bet the dems split off into 2 parties after they lose 2020

RBP
03-01-2019, 12:58 PM
I can't make heads nor tails of that. I have no idea who is on what side of that bill. That's how messed up it all is right now.

RBP
03-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Anarchy! I bet the dems split off into 2 parties after they lose 2020

https://i.imgur.com/cVw5K8u.jpg

Muddy
03-01-2019, 02:27 PM
This little cunt needs to stay in her lane.

RBP
03-01-2019, 03:22 PM

That is her lane.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-01-2019, 04:51 PM

https://i.imgur.com/isGXdH2l.jpg

Muddy
03-01-2019, 05:29 PM
:x

Hal-9000
03-01-2019, 06:34 PM
"...was a bill that would expand federal background checks for gun purchases, the Washington Post reported. But a key provision requiring U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to be notified if illegal immigrants attempt to purchase guns saw 26 moderate Democrats side with Republicans."

Why wouldn't you do that in the first place?

"“She said that when activists ask her why she had to vote for a gun safety bill that also further empowers an agency that forcibly injects kids with psychotropic drugs..."

Which agency does that?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-01-2019, 06:49 PM
"...was a bill that would expand federal background checks for gun purchases, the Washington Post reported. But a key provision requiring U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to be notified if illegal immigrants attempt to purchase guns saw 26 moderate Democrats side with Republicans."

Why wouldn't you do that in the first place?

Because the democrats are all about shielding the illegals....I mean 'refugees' from being deported.

"“She said that when activists ask her why she had to vote for a gun safety bill that also further empowers an agency that forcibly injects kids with psychotropic drugs..."

Which agency does that?

ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement)....didn't you know, they are the Josef Mengele of the Trump administration :thumbsup:

fricnjay
03-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Well the Dems have to protect those illegals, there the only ones that will vote for them. :-k

DemonGeminiX
03-01-2019, 07:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XLGBBA0.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
03-05-2019, 04:40 PM
A "LIST" :hills:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2019, 06:51 PM
By Alex Pappas | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/QOm97NSh.jpg

Moderate Democrats are fuming over New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s closed-door warning last week that Democrats who vote with Republicans are "putting themselves on a list" – a comment interpreted as a primary challenge threat.

Ocasio-Cortez has since downplayed her comments, made in the wake of 26 Democrats joining Republicans to vote for a provision requiring Immigration and Customs Enforcement to be notified if illegal immigrants attempt to purchase guns.

Still, some House Democrats aren’t happy with her talk of a “list.”

“I don't think it's productive,” Michigan Rep. Dan Kildee said Saturday on Fox News’ “Cavuto Live.”

He added, “I don't think we should be interfering with one another's politics. The people who elected us get to make those choices.”

New Jersey Democratic Rep. Josh Gottheimer, a co-chairman of the Problem Solvers Caucus, said Ocasio-Cortez’s use of the word “list” was “Nixonian.”

“Being unified means ensuring that Democrats aren’t primary-ing other sitting Democrats,” Gottheimer told The Washington Post. “Since when is it okay to put you on a Nixonian list? We need to have a big tent in our party or we won’t keep the House or win the White House.”

The brouhaha began last week when two-dozen moderate Democrats broke from their party's progressive wing and sided with Republicans on a legislative amendment having to do with illegal immigrants and guns.

In a closed-door meeting afterward, according to The Washington Post, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi scolded her wayward center-leaning colleagues, telling them: "We are either a team or we’re not.”

Ocasio-Cortez then told fellow Democrats that those who voted with Republicans were "putting themselves on a list." Ocasio-Cortez later claimed she wasn’t talking about a list for primary challenges.

“I didn’t say that they were putting themselves on a list for primaries," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "I said that by Dems distinguishing themselves by breaking off on procedural…votes, they were inadvertently making a list of targets for the GOP and for progressive advocates on their pro-ICE vote.”
Reacting to Ocasio-Cortez's comments, one party strategist who works for moderate Democrats argued Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t “respect” the views of other Democrats who don’t embrace her progressive politics.
https://twitter.com/JohnAnzo/status/1101826216787619846
“My main gripe about AOC is that while I respect her voice in the party, I don't think she respects mine or anyone else's who differs with her on policy or comes from a different political electoral reality,” said John Anzalone, a Democratic pollster in Alabama.

There’s been speculation since she was elected to Congress that Ocasio-Cortez could get involved in Democratic primary fights in 2020, especially with the group Justice Democrats signaling plans to primary incumbent Democrats they see as insufficiently progressive. Ocasio-Cortez has been aligned with that group.

It's a tactic that has been embraced by some conservative groups and politicians on the right, especially during the 2010 and 2012 elections, when incumbent lawmakers in the House and Senate were ousted in primaries by conservative challengers.

RBP
03-05-2019, 07:01 PM
She should number the list and have the numbers tattooed on their arms.

Muddy
03-05-2019, 07:03 PM
*Sheeee's makin' a list.. checkin it twice! Gonna find out if your a jew or not.. AOC is cominnnn to town..*

Hal-9000
03-05-2019, 07:05 PM
She should number the list and have the numbers tattooed on their arms.

Numbers tattooed on arms? :-s

https://i.imgur.com/rsp7uG4.jpg

Hal-9000
03-05-2019, 07:06 PM
*Sheeee's makin' a list.. checkin it twice! Gonna find out if your a jew or not.. AOC is cominnnn to town..*

She can check if I'm naughty or nice :wank:

Muddy
03-05-2019, 07:07 PM
She can check if I'm naughty or nice :wank:

She wants none of your white pony, Honkey... :hand:

Hal-9000
03-05-2019, 08:15 PM

I admittedly watched her dancing video on the roof of the college...the tune is annoying and she became annoying about one minute in as well :lol:

Girl has got a nice little bod...when her mouth is closed.

DemonGeminiX
03-05-2019, 09:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3pTJ_CbN9E