PDA

View Full Version : Ke$ha: I Hope to Be "Grammy Worthy" Someday

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/xHIkl.jpg

She may not be a nominee at this Sunday's Grammy Awards, but that doesn't mean Ke$ha is any less proud of her success.

"It's not that big a deal," the 23-year-old "We R Who We R" singer tells Vanity Fair. "I was disappointed that I didn't get nominated, but I've only been around for a year."

And with two No. 1 hits already under her belt, Ke$ha promises it won't be long before Grammy voters take notice.

"I plan on making a lot more records, and hopefully one of them will be Grammy worthy," the singer says. "I'm friends with the Black Keys, and they were nominated for the first time this year. And they've been around for a decade. That's like half my life. So I really can't be a brat about it."

In the meantime, Ke$ha has no plans to tone down her party girl image in an effort to appease more conservative Grammy voters.

"When you're around me, you're going to get glitter on you. It infuriates a lot of people who hang out with me," the singer says. "They get glitter on themselves and it won't come off for days and it ruins their game. But I think it's incredible."

Jezter
02-13-2011, 01:53 PM
I hope from the bottom of my hear that the kind of sh£$ Kesha makes will not ever get a Grammy of any kind.

Hal-9000
02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
I hope from the bottom of my hear that the kind of sh£$ Kesha makes will not ever get a Grammy of any kind.

:lol:

they've given them out for less....

Godfather
02-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Exactly..... The Grammy's aren't about the best music. Not even close. They're reserved for the old boys club, and top 40 dribble

Kesha probably will win grammy's

Shady
02-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Exactly..... The Grammy's aren't about the best music. Not even close. They're reserved for the old boys club, and top 40 dribble

Kesha probably will win grammy's

While that tends to be the trend, the voters do consider actual music for awards, not the high pitched squeals and guttural noises she makes in her songs. Her producers should win awards for creating pop hits but kesha has got to become more professional. She doesn't have to stop the party girl act but needs to approach her lyrics and "signing" with a little more sincerity and civility.

Godfather
02-13-2011, 10:10 PM
While that tends to be the trend, the voters do consider actual music for awards, not the high pitched squeals and guttural noises she makes in her songs. Her producers should win awards for creating pop hits but kesha has got to become more professional. She doesn't have to stop the party girl act but needs to approach her lyrics and "signing" with a little more sincerity and civility.

Taylor Swift won the Album of the year last year

Beyonce won best single

Green Day won best rock album

There is no God :lol:

I only care about a few categories that are sadly underrated... the main one being Alternative (which is a shitty name but that's besides the point)

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2011, 11:57 PM
I like Ke$ha [-(

Godfather
02-14-2011, 12:02 AM
She's hot, that's for sure :lol:

And her music is catchy

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Woke up in the morning feeling like P Diddy :dance:

Godfather
02-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Grab my glasses I'm out the door Im gunna hit this city :dance:

(I like to sing that song when I play games online :lol: You should hear how angry it makes people. Being a shit disturber is lot of fun)

RBP
02-14-2011, 03:57 AM
I don't really care where you live at
Just turn around, boy, let me hit that
Don't be a little bitch with your chit chat
Just show me where your dick's at

Hal-9000
02-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Arcade Fire pulled off a huge upset...there is hope

Joebob034
02-14-2011, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeNg5BV0faY

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2011, 06:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PlhuF.gif

Hal-9000
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Woody has a better ass than Kesha :lol:

Shady
02-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Arcade Fire pulled off a huge upset...there is hope

:thumbsup:

RBP
02-14-2011, 07:25 PM
I had never heard of A.F. until last night ... nor that esparanza or whatever broad that won best new. :idk:

The Bieb's fans defiled her wiki page. :giggle:

Hal-9000
02-14-2011, 08:16 PM
I had never heard of A.F. until last night ... nor that esparanza or whatever broad that won best new. :idk:

The Bieb's fans defiled her wiki page. :giggle:

They've been around longer than most people think.

Overall, I have no faith in The Grammy's.Milli Vanilli won in a year when there were much better musicians on the scene...musicians that actually performed their own music ffs :lol:

The show itself is always interesting, the choices seem way out to lunch most years tho.This year was one of the only ones where I thought the frontrunners should have won and the choices turned out to be a little more obscure :lol:

Hal-9000
02-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Did you hear Usher's backstage comment about the The Bieb getting shut out? :lol:

It wasn't quite Kanye...at least Usher had the sense to not go up on stage with his opinion...

Hal-9000
02-14-2011, 08:37 PM
some weird wanker from ET was commenting on the radio this morning about the Grammy's :lol: (Kujo?)

He was there and said Rihanna's dress looked like an Airport scanner..he could see everything, her intestines, what she had to eat 2 weeks ago....

man....:lol: he was brutal

oh yeah and he said that Kim Kardassian was dolled up in her Vegas Hooker outfit again