PDA

View Full Version : Fight over brownie leaves Houston 14-year-old boy dead

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 11:17 AM
The Associated Press

https://i.imgur.com/AM7dJ55l.jpg

HOUSTON – Police say a fight over a brownie has left a 14-year-old Houston boy dead of a stab wound to the eye and another 14-year-old boy is in juvenile custody charged with aggravated assault.

Houston Independent School District police say the victim died Friday of the knife wound suffered Wednesday afternoon.

District Police Chief Paul Cordova said the fight erupted after school Wednesday outside a convenience store across from the Jane Long Academy in southwest Houston. He said that when the victim was loaded into an ambulance, he still acted as if the fight were continuing.

No identities have been released because of their ages. Cordova says the incident isn't believed to be gang-related.

Jane Long Academy is a neighborhood middle school and magnet high school.

KevinD
03-11-2019, 03:08 PM
About 1000ft past the trees on back of the school is where my childhood home is. 30 years ago when my dad sold the home, the area was shit. Say what you like, but I witnessed firsthand the white flight of a great neighborhood (Sharpstown) and it was absolutely because of low rent apartments, minorities, etc.

Hal-9000
03-11-2019, 05:30 PM
About 1000ft past the trees on back of the school is where my childhood home is. 30 years ago when my dad sold the home, the area was shit. Say what you like, but I witnessed firsthand the white flight of a great neighborhood (Sharpstown) and it was absolutely because of low rent apartments, minorities, etc.

Yeah when we had battles as kids no one stabbed someone over a piece of food. We had entire schools involved in fights and worst I saw/experienced was a kid hitting people with a board that had nails in it. We stopped it as it wasn't deemed fair.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-11-2019, 07:18 PM
wtf

KevinD
03-11-2019, 07:23 PM
It was weird. For whatever reason, I didnt go to Jane Long, other than summer school (middle school back then) I went to Sharpstown middle school, about 5 miles away. The whole neighborhood was very safe, middle class when I was young. I'd ride my bike miles away to friends homes ant stay out way after dark as a pre teen. Never a care or worry. There were no low rent places, almost no crime, generally a great neighborhood to grow up in. There were fights at school of course. Almost always between the Hispanics and the Asians. I was a jock, stoner redneck growing up, so I hung out with just about everyone, though I was a nerd/geek as well, so not really part of the popular clicks.

KevinD
03-11-2019, 07:32 PM
The red dot is my childhood home. I've no idea what the Las Amercas school is. That was the football/track/baseball field when I was a kid.
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/kmdracer/20190311_142849_zpsiwd29iss.jpg

RBP
03-12-2019, 03:57 AM
I can't bring myself to post the "what's the hardest thing about eating a brownie" joke for fear of retribution.

Damn shame when we can't tell offensive jokes any more.

lost in melb.
03-12-2019, 06:35 AM

In my school it was the Vietnamese. Always getting into fights with, I think it was Turks & Lebanese. My parents moved house into an affluent area so I could go to this so-called elite public school. The Vietnamese just gave their residential address as a local uncles shop. Enquiring further many of them lived in outer suburb low-rent apps, which I blame for their behaviour as well as their traumatic childhoods. The Chinese were polite and studied hard.

I used to play down-ball with a few of the 'Du Ma May' Viet contigent. They were friendly enough, I used to enjoy sharking them with the ball and sconning them on the back of the head with my knuckles when they lost. The racial fights brought out a completely different side - territorial or something? A few of them used to visit my house and we'd play in the back garden, making hydrogen balloons and setting fire to aerosole spray making "Haley's Comet". A decade or so later I read in the papers a bunch of Asians got arrested for armed holdups with knives. And there were their names, sure enough.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2019, 10:21 AM
I can't bring myself to post the "what's the hardest thing about eating a brownie" joke for fear of retribution.

Who says? Pretty sure no one here gets offended that easily, and if they do, fuck 'em.

RBP
03-12-2019, 11:05 AM
Who says? Pretty sure no one here gets offended that easily, and if they do, fuck 'em.

I meant that more globally... humor isn't allowed by the perpetually offended. Ya'll crazy fuckers are cool. :lol:

Hal-9000
03-12-2019, 06:00 PM

Hardest thing is hearing the joke 25 years later.

:dance:

:wank:

:fu:

Griffin
03-12-2019, 06:25 PM

got me kicked out of the Webelos. :meh: