PDA

View Full Version : Ocasio-Cortez: Illegal Aliens Are ‘My Constituents’

Teh One Who Knocks
03-15-2019, 07:33 PM
By Cameron Cawthorne - Washington Free Beacon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXlz6ZM9qpw

Freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) referred to illegal immigrants as her "constituents" during a Thursday House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing.

Ocasio-Cortez was questioning Wilbur Ross, President Donald Trump's secretary of commerce, when she made the statement. She began by referencing remarks Republican Kris Kobach made while he was Kansas secretary of state. Kobach encouraged Trump early on in his administration to add a 2020 consensus question about citizenship.

"Kobach said, ‘I raised the issue with the president shortly after he was inaugurated' and ‘he was absolutely interested in this,'" Ocasio-Cortez said. "Shortly thereafter, in April of 2017, Steve Bannon asked you to speak with Mr. Kobach about his ‘ideas about including a citizenship question on the 2020 decennial census.'"

Ross acknowledged he did speak with Kobach early on in the administration, but he was cut off by Ocasio-Cortez before he could clarify what exactly the conversation was about.

"I'm sorry, I must reclaim my time," Ocasio-Cortez said.

"Mr. Kobach later sent an email to you on July 14, writing that the lack of the citizenship question ‘leads to the problem that aliens who do not actually reside in the United States are still counted for congressional apportionment services,'" she said.

"Of course they do reside in the United States. They reside in my district. They’re my constituents," she said of illegal aliens.

Ocasio-Cortez has been an outspoken critic of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), saying the agency responsible for enforcing U.S. immigration laws has "systematically violated human rights" and caused "death."

Muddy
03-15-2019, 08:23 PM
I do not care for this human.

RBP
03-15-2019, 09:33 PM
And no, Illegals should not count for congressional apportionment. I actually never considered that angle of why the Dems want open borders.

lost in melb.
03-16-2019, 10:22 AM
I wanna see AOC vs Trump :gheyfight:

RBP
03-16-2019, 12:34 PM
I wanna see AOC vs Trump :gheyfight:

You need look no further than your own borders!! QLD Senator Fraser Anning punching a teenager in the face after said teen smashes an egg on his head is pure gold.

I could watch that all day. :lol:

lost in melb.
03-16-2019, 12:35 PM
You need look no further than your own borders!! QLD Senator Fraser Anning punching a teenager in the face after said teen smashes an egg on his head is pure gold.

I could watch that all day. :lol:

I have been watching it all day :lol:

lost in melb.
03-16-2019, 12:38 PM
And I did wonder whether the hitting a kid in the face discussion would come up again. I think under this circumstance justification was, shall we say, a little more apparent than last time ;)

RBP
03-16-2019, 12:41 PM
I have been watching it all day :lol:

:lol: :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-16-2019, 03:29 PM
And no, Illegals should not count for congressional apportionment. I actually never considered that angle of why the Dems want open borders.:racist:

Hal-9000
03-16-2019, 05:47 PM
Question for Ms. Cortez from the floor:

*screaming* Hello I'm from Canada. Are illegal aliens allowed to vote in your country???

Hal-9000
03-16-2019, 05:56 PM
this chick likes herself too much...there will be photos

Pony
03-16-2019, 06:10 PM
Question for Ms. Cortez from the floor:

*screaming* Hello I'm from Canada. Are illegal aliens allowed to vote in your country???

Only if you vote Democrat. If illegals started voting Republican, not only would a wall get built in record time we would be deporting by the millions.

Muddy
03-17-2019, 11:42 AM
Truth.

Hal-9000
03-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Only if you vote Democrat. If illegals started voting Republican, not only would a wall get built in record time we would be deporting by the millions.

Y'all need to have National Freeze Day. Hire a whole bunch of people and set up checking stations. Your status is checked and if you're an illegal alien you get put on Wall Duty. After working 1000 hours helping build the wall, you get legitimate immigration documentation :tup: (1000 hours. @8 hours/day = 125 days. A third of a year)

lost in melb.
03-17-2019, 09:44 PM
Y'all need to have National Freeze Day. Hire a whole bunch of people and set up checking stations. Your status is checked and if you're an illegal alien you get put on Wall Duty. After working 1000 hours helping build the wall, you get legitimate immigration documentation :tup: (1000 hours. @8 hours/day = 125 days. A third of a year)

I like it :tup:

Lance won't approve though :(