PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Clinton confronted at NYU vigil for mosque victims over her remarks about Omar

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 10:58 AM
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/9BGQWhvh.jpg

Chelsea Clinton received an earful in New York City on Friday night from a college student who said the former first daughter "stoked" the hatred behind the massacre earlier in the day in Christchurch, New Zealand.

It happened at a vigil on the New York University campus for the 49 people killed and dozens of others wounded in the attack.

“I’m so sorry that you feel that way,” Clinton responded. “Certainly, it was never my intention. I do believe words matter. I believe we have to show solidarity.”

Some of the NYU students told Clinton she wasn't welcome at the vigil. One of the students referred to Clinton's recent condemnation of Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, over the congresswoman's anti-Semitic remarks.

"We should expect all elected officials, regardless of party, and all public figures to not traffic in anti-Semitism," Clinton tweeted on Feb. 10.

“This, right here, is a result of a massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you put out into the world,” one student told Clinton. “And I want you to know that and I want you to feel that deep down inside. Forty-nine people died because of the rhetoric you put out there.”

On Friday, Clinton tweeted her condolences regarding the Christchurch tragedy.

"Heartbroken & horrified by the white nationalist terrorist attack during Jummah on the mosques and Muslim community in Christchurch," Clinton wrote. "Keeping all affected by this tragedy in my heart and prayers. We need a global response to the global threat of violent white nationalism."

“I’m so sorry that you feel that way,” Clinton repeated.

“What does ‘I’m sorry you feel that way’ mean?” another student asked.

The NYU student who originally posted the video on Twitter deleted her tweets, but the exchange was re-posted by Targeted Victory’s Caleb Hull.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 11:33 AM
By Frank Camp - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/VAs2Tlgh.jpg

On Friday, former first daughter Chelsea Clinton attended a vigil at New York University to mourn the victims of the New Zealand mosque shooting in which 50 people were murdered.

During the vigil, NYU student Leen Dweik approached Clinton and began harassing her, claiming that she had "stoked" the "massacre" because of a tweet in which she criticized Rep. Ilhan Omar’s (D-MN) anti-Semitic language.

Here’s the tweet:
Dweik said: "This right here is the result of a massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you put out into the world. And I want you to know that and I want you to feel that deep inside. 49 people died because of the rhetoric you put out there."

As the people around Dweik snapped in approval, Clinton said, "I’m so sorry you feel that way." This prompted someone in the crowd to loudly question what Clinton meant by that.
The confrontation has created strange bedfellows in the media. On Saturday, Donald Trump Jr. came out in defense of Clinton, tweeting:

It’s sickening to see people blame @ChelseaClinton for the NZ attacks because she spoke out against anti-Semitism. We should all be condemning anti-Semitism & all forms of hate. Chelsea should be praised for speaking up. Anyone who doesn’t understand this is part of the problem.

Now, Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) has defended Clinton. Replying to a tweet from Linda Sarsour in which the activist claimed to be "triggered by those who piled on Representative Ilhan Omar and incited a hate mob against her," Crenshaw tweeted:

This is the kind of insanity poisoning young minds, and led to the terrible accusations against Chelsea Clinton at NYU. Chelsea Clinton is not to blame. Also, if I ever say "I am triggered" non-sarcastically, please kick me out of Congress.
Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) has gotten herself in hot water on multiple occasions.

It was revealed that in 2012, she tweeted that Israel had "hypnotized the world," and asked that "Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."

After an initial attempt to defend the alleged intent of the tweet, Omar has since apologized for the language that she used in 2012, writing: "It’s now apparent to me that I spent lots of energy putting my 2012 tweet in context and little energy is disavowing the anti-semitic trope I unknowingly used, which is unfortunate and offensive."

Following her apology, the congresswoman defended her right to criticize governments, quoted Martin Luther King Jr., and wrote of the "many narratives" regarding who she is, which are allegedly "designed to demonize and vilify [her]."

Rep. Omar has ignited controversy on multiple occasions since her election. The storm surrounding her repeated anti-Semitic remarks (which you can read about here) became such a point of contention that the House of Representatives actually passed a resolution denouncing "hate."

Although the resolution originally condemned only anti-Semitism, The Hill reports that "progressives and members of minority caucuses" were upset by the original text, and argued "that the resolution shouldn't single out Omar and called for a more general anti-hate measure," which is what eventually passed.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is planning a resolution that will exclusively condemn anti-Semitism.

The Daily Wire reached out to Rep. Crenshaw’s team for further comment, but as of publication, we have not received a reply.

lost in melb.
03-18-2019, 11:37 AM
People need to calm the fuck down...

RBP
03-18-2019, 12:12 PM
People need to calm the fuck down...

Amen, brother. So, what's the fix?

I was thinking about buying this. (And adding to the collection of recent purchases I haven't yet read)

https://i.imgur.com/IoFQoCD.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Rep Dan Crenshaw is all kinds of awesome.

lost in melb.
03-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Amen, brother. So, what's the fix?

I was thinking about buying this. (And adding to the collection of recent purchases I haven't yet read)

https://i.imgur.com/IoFQoCD.jpg

I'll try for an answer tomorrow. Reading this at the moment.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/03/18/want-to-live-a-better-life-you-can-start-by-loving-your-enemies-says-arthur-brooks/

DemonGeminiX
03-18-2019, 01:21 PM
I can't believe we're all defending her...

RBP
03-18-2019, 01:29 PM
I can't believe we're all defending her...

Why? Part of the problem is going negative on everything out of someone's mouth. If AOC says something worthwhile, we should support it. (I made myself laugh)

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 01:38 PM
Why? Part of the problem is going negative on everything out of someone's mouth.

https://i.imgur.com/owWSWm5.jpg

If AOC says something worthwhile, we should support it. (I made myself laugh)

:serious:

RBP
03-18-2019, 01:55 PM
I was serious, just laughed at the prospect of it actually happening.

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 05:32 PM
I'm admittedly lost.

She gets criticized because of her comment about shunning anti-semitism that was directed at a completely different and previous issue where a congresswoman made some anti-Jewish statement?

Where's the connective tissue to the recent Mosque shootings?

I thought her actual comment on the event talking about white nationalism was on point and valid.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 05:36 PM
I'm admittedly lost.

She gets criticized because of her comment about shunning anti-semitism that was directed at a completely different and previous issue where a congresswoman made some anti-Jewish statement?

Where's the connective tissue to the recent Mosque shootings?

I thought her actual comment on the event talking about white nationalism was on point and valid.

Don't you know? :facepalm:

Because she was criticizing a Muslim over anti-semetic comments, that means she's a friend of the Jews and any other Muslim hater, therefors, by not sticking up for the Muslims, she is advocating genocide on all Muslims :roll:

You need to get woke, friend :hand:

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 05:43 PM
Don't you know? :facepalm:

Because she was criticizing a Muslim over anti-semetic comments, that means she's a friend of the Jews and any other Muslim hater, therefors, by not sticking up for the Muslims, she is advocating genocide on all Muslims :roll:

You need to get woke, friend :hand:

Thanks.

And that sort of 'thinking' is why people shoot up Mosques and strap bomb vests on :|

Someone takes the time to offer kind comments about insensitive remarks and a tragedy, now it's Six Degrees of fucking stupidity because twitteruser_0179 is trying to sublimate their own home grown lack of brainpower by making a stretch that would injure most yoga teachers.

fricnjay
03-18-2019, 06:02 PM
Some Political Facebook page I follow posted a video about this story so I commented
" This is a horrible act of violence but I have to ask. Where is the media coverage of the 32 Christian's murdered by muslims in Nigeria on March 4th?"

Referring to the following story:

Radical Muslims Murder 32 Nigerian Christians, Torch Church in Brutal Attack

Radical Muslims murdered more than 30 Christians in Nigeria last week. This is just the latest account of systematic Islamic violence towards Christ-followers in that country.

The Guardian reports that Fulani herdsmen assaulted the Christians around 4 a.m. in Karamar village in the Maro district of Kajuru.

The herdsman reportedly set fire to several houses and a church. The terrorists then sporadically shot at families trying to escape the blaze, killing 32 people.

Local government officials condemned the vicious attack. "The state government has been assured that the security agencies are working assiduously to contain the situation. The government is saddened by these attacks, condemns the perpetrators and urges all residents of the area to support the security agencies in their efforts to protect communities," said Samuel Aruwan, the senior special assistant to the governor.

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) also condemned the deadly assault and urged young Nigerians not to retaliate against the terrorists.

"We have appealed to the youths in the area that there must never be any reprisal. We want to give the security operatives in the state the benefit of the doubt to go after the killers. We don't want any reprisal attack because the circle of violence and killings will continue," Rev. Joseph Hayap added.

CBN News reported last year that hundreds of Christians were killed in clashes with the Muslim herdsman.

Last June, Fulani herdsmen, who are mostly Muslim attacked six predominantly Christian villages in Nigeria's Plateau state. Many of those killed were Christians, and they were reportedly hacked to death.

According to the Global Terrorism Index, Fulani herdsmen have killed more than 60,000 people since 2001.

Bosun Emmanuel, secretary of the National Christian Elders Forum and a prominent Nigerian Christian leader, says the Muslim community has done little to protect Christians and believes Christianity will go extinct in Nigeria if no one helps.

"Realistically speaking, Christianity is on the brink of extinction in Nigeria," Emmanuel claimed during a forum. "The ascendancy of Sharia ideology in Nigeria rings the death knell for the Nigerian Church."

"In 2018, we can say in 25 years from now, we are facing the risk of being the last Christians in Nigeria," Emmanuel claimed. "Therefore, Christians should be in the frontline of defending democracy in Nigeria."

Christian persecution watchdog group Open Doors ranks Nigeria high on the "World Watch List," sitting at number 12 just below Syria.

This is one of the responses I got:

"wait, I thought Republicans were nationalist who only care what goes on in our country and not globalists? Guess it's only when it fits y'alls agenda"

cant you believe that shit? So I responded:

"are you serious right now? You missed the point of my post completely. #1 not a Republican I'm a Libertarian #2 my point was the liberal media bias here. Your precious liberal media only reports on stories that fit its agenda. Seriously, the liberal media think tank couldn't of written a tragedy any better. A Trump supporting moron in New Zealand murders a bunch of muslims with an AR-15, I mean come on. But the hundreds of Christian's being murdered in Nigeria right now doesn't fit the Liberal narrative so no news time for you. There is a word for that....HYPOCRACY."

No response in almost 24 hours. :roll:

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 06:10 PM
Some Political Facebook page I follow posted a video about this story so I commented
" This is a horrible act of violence but I have to ask. Where is the media coverage of the 32 Christian's murdered by muslims in Nigeria on March 4th?"

"wait, I thought Republicans were nationalist who only care what goes on in our country and not globalists? Guess it's only when it fits y'alls agenda"

"are you serious right now? You missed the point of my post completely. #1 not a Republican I'm a Libertarian #2 my point was the liberal media bias here. Your precious liberal media only reports on stories that fit its agenda. Seriously, the liberal media think tank couldn't of written a tragedy any better. A Trump supporting moron in New Zealand murders a bunch of muslims with an AR-15, I mean come on. But the hundreds of Christian's being murdered in Nigeria right now doesn't fit the Liberal narrative so no news time for you. There is a word for that....HYPOCRACY."

*hypocrisy*

You need me to proof your posts dude.

On a more serious note, there's been a lot of one for one battles on the net since New Zealand. Not commenting on that shit but I did worry about the possible retaliations...

That asswipe felt he did such a great job trolling the world/forwarding his white power agenda, when all he really did was fuel a fire that didn't need a match.

fricnjay
03-18-2019, 06:15 PM
Hal I would love it if you would follow me around in all my social media, forum posts and texts and proof read and correct them all before posting live. :tup:

So how do we fuck this pig? :dance:

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 06:17 PM
Hal I would love it if you would follow me around in all my social media, forum posts and texts and proof read and correct them all before posting live. :tup:

So how do we fuck this pig? :dance:

I was only joking :oops:

but I will say with my limited experience on what I call game ending serious posts online...you gotta pay special attention to them because the message is too important to fuck up.

fricnjay
03-18-2019, 06:31 PM
I was only joking :oops:

but I will say with my limited experience on what I call game ending serious posts online...you gotta pay special attention to them because the message is too important to fuck up.

Oh no you offered and that's a binding agreement. So Im going to need you cell phone number and email so I can filter them all down to you before I post. :tup:

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 06:36 PM
Oh no you offered and that's a binding agreement. So Im going to need you cell phone number and email so I can filter them all down to you before I post. :tup:

Cell is 123-456-7890 and email is Imcanadianandyouaint@gmail.com

Trust me..the news here is more than enough for me. Facebook and Twitter battles are not my jam...(anymore)

fricnjay
03-18-2019, 06:43 PM
Cell is 123-456-7890 and email is Imcanadianandyouaint@gmail.com

Trust me..the news here is more than enough for me. Facebook and Twitter battles are not my jam...(anymore)

Actually think we are going up to Canada for Holiday next year. :-k

https://i.imgur.com/wDzVFkx.jpg

lost in melb.
03-19-2019, 02:10 AM

In fairness 99% of the shit in 3rd world countries doesn't even make pg 10 of the news. 1000 deaths registers like 10 in the West.

Not disagreeing with your point. Just saying...

lost in melb.
03-19-2019, 02:13 AM
As for Chelsea, damn it she just doesn't interest me. I probably have more in common with her than Ivanka, but I find Ivanka more interesting due to her internal conflicts.

Hopefully it's not just cause she's fuckable :oops: