PDA

View Full Version : French judge refuses to let parents name child after two World Cup stars

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 11:05 AM
By Michael Burke - The Hill

https://i.imgur.com/DQQfb2Yl.jpg

A French judge has reportedly prevented a couple from naming their son “Griezmann Mbappe," an apparent tribute to two star players from the country's World Cup-winning soccer team.

The Guardian reported that a family judge in the town of Brive-la-Gaillarde removed the child's two first names. The parents have instead decided to name him Dany Noe.

A local official in the town referred the child's name to prosecutors after declaring that the original name was “contrary to the child’s interest." The name comes from Atlético Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann and Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe, the Guardian noted.

Before 1998, according to the Guardian, French parents had to pick names from an approved list.

They're now free to select names on their own, but officials can refer families to prosecutors if the names they choose are seen as harmful to the child.

Griezmann and Mbappe helped lead France to the World Cup title last summer, earning the country its first championship since 1998.

Goofy
03-18-2019, 04:39 PM
Seen a lot worse tbf

Muddy
03-18-2019, 04:42 PM
Seen a lot worse tbf

To be fucked?

Goofy
03-18-2019, 04:43 PM
To be fucked?To be fair :slap:

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 04:55 PM