PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet passenger’s anger when steward opened toilet door after 15 minutes

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2019, 11:29 AM
Richard Hartley-Parkinson for Metro.co.uk

https://i.imgur.com/onGCAjj.jpg

A passenger who spent more than 15 minutes on the toilet of an Easyjet plane mid-flight claims he’s a victim of racial profiling.

Adil Kayani, 35, has been offered £500 as a gesture of goodwill and an apology from the airline, but he’s still not happy.

He was sitting on the toilet with his trousers around his ankles when staff opened the door for ‘safety and security’ because he’d been in there for so long.

The incident happened two hours into a flight from Marrakesh to Manchester Airport after a winter break.

Adil said that he told them that he would be out in a minute after hearing a ‘heavy knock’ on the door.

He said: ‘But then the lock turned from red to green. Someone had opened it from the outside and forced their way in.

‘I was still sat on the toilet and I was completely exposed. I shouted get out and he shut the door immediately.

‘They didn’t do this to anyone else on the flight. It’s not as if I was in the toilet for a long time. I feel completely violated.’

https://i.imgur.com/NNp2v5P.jpg

EasyJet said they were concerned for his welfare, but Adil says there was more to it.

He said: ‘I think it was racial discrimination. They can see the colour of my skin. I was racially profiled. It was discrimination. I think it is Islamophobic.

‘I feel like my dignity was violated and my dignity is more important than the money.

‘I’m just not happy with that. I want a proper apology from the individual who I feel was not only dismissive, but extremely rude and arrogant.

‘I was made to feel like a criminal. It was really humiliating for me.

‘That is the first time anything like that has ever happened to me. The only way I can make sense of it is because of my racial background.

‘Why else was no one broken into? It doesn’t make sense.’

Adil said that he has rejected the airline’s £500.

A spokesman said: ‘EasyJet is sorry if Mr Kayani is unhappy, however the cabin crew correctly followed safety procedures by knocking on the toilet door and then opening it after there was no answer following a concern that a passenger had been inside for some time.

‘This procedure is in place to ensure passenger safety of all passengers on board including the wellbeing of the customer in the toilet.

‘There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that race played a role.’

Godfather
03-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Adil Kayani, 35, has been offered £500 as a gesture of goodwill and an apology from the airline, but he’s still not happy.

Therein lies a fundamental problem with society these days. Nobody can accept an apology, there must be outrage.

Also, it's Easyjet, what the fuck did you expect, a pleasant flight?!? :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2019, 03:51 PM
Not to mention the fact that, red, white, yellow, black, brown, it wouldn't matter your skin color. If you're in the bathroom for that long aboard an airplane, the crew is going to wonder what's going on in there.

Godfather
03-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Not to mention the fact that, red, white, yellow, black, brown, it wouldn't matter your skin color. If you're in the bathroom for that long aboard an airplane, the crew is going to wonder what's going on in there.

And to add one more point to this... it was a flight from Monaco to Manchester. It's a two hour flight. The time between take off and landing when the seatbelt light goes off is probably barely over an hour. If someone needs 15 minutes to dump and freshen up on a 13 hour flight I can sort of understand, but on a flight this short (and I'd bet it was more than the 15 minutes as he claims), I'd probably be questioning what you were doing too. :lol:

Hal-9000
03-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Someone eclipses the 15 minute mark in an airplane bathroom, you don't want to be next :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2019, 05:20 PM
Someone eclipses the 15 minute mark in an airplane bathroom, you don't want to be next :hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUfS_2UGftg

Hal-9000
03-19-2019, 05:21 PM
WOOOOO!

:lol:

fricnjay
03-19-2019, 06:02 PM
He is just dropping the Islam card as a smoke screen for a money grab. :roll: