PDA

View Full Version : Teacher charged with sexual assault for inappropriate relationship with student

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2019, 12:08 PM
Gwinnett Daily Post Staff

https://i.imgur.com/XuVWAY4h.jpg

A 25-year old teacher from Archer High School turned herself in to Gwinnett County sheriff’s deputies on charges relating to an alleged improper relationship with a student.

Jail records show Sarah Katherine Brooks, 25, was booked into the Gwinnett County Detention Center shortly after 4 p.m. Friday on a charge of sexual assault by persons with supervisory or disciplinary authority. She was released later Friday on $11,200 bond.

A warrant Gwinnett County police took out for Brooks’ arrest states she “did, while employed as a teacher, engage in sexual contact with the victim, who said accused knew or should have known was a student enrolled at the same school.”

The warrant shows the incident occurred in December at the student’s home.

In a letter to parents this past week, Archer Principal Ken Johnson told parents that the student was a senior and that the school learned about the teacher-student relationship from police. Gwinnett County Police have not released any details about the case, citing confidentiality laws that protect juvenile victims.

School officials confirmed Tuesday that the instructor had resigned. References to her that had existed on Archer’s athletics website earlier in the semester have been removed.

“Ethics matter, and the trust our community places in its educators matters to Archer and to Gwinnett County Public Schools. This is not something we take for granted,” Johnson said in his letter to parents. “With that in mind, I thank you for your continued support of our school and its students.”

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2019, 12:10 PM
Jerry Thornton - Barstool Sports

Georgia - A former Gwinnett County high school school teacher has been arrested after allegations surfaced that she had an inappropriate relationship with one of her students.

Sarah Katherine Brooks, 25, was booked into the Gwinnett County Jail on Friday. …

The student’s mother told Channel 2 Action News that Brooks and her 17-year-old son had sex during off-campus tutoring. Brooks was his physical education teacher, she said.

The two had sex at least three times since October, including once at the student’s home while she was at work, his mother said.

Several people sent me links to articles about the arrest of Sarah Katherine Brooks. But one stood out. I can’t confirm that it’s true. While I trust the good, decent, red-blooded, God-fearin’, Barstool lovin’, Sex Scandal Teacher admirin’ Americans who take time out of their busy lives to contribute to these blogs, people can say anything they want in an email. So take this with whatever amount of veracity you wish to apply to it. Believe what you will.

This anonymous emailer tells me that he went to college with this young lady back when she was just an aspiring teacher. I guess back when she was merely dreaming of someday teaching gym and seducing her students at their homes while their moms are at work. Anyway, Sarah was dating this guy’s frat brother. But was gone every weekend, she said for cancer her cancer treatment.

One weekend, she hadn’t checked in all weekend, so he called her dad to make sure everything was alright. Her Dad just responded “wtf are you talking about?! Sarah has cancer?!” The fraternity brother drove over to her place that night and saw her there getting in her car or something, so he followed her. She was actually staying with some other guy on the opposite side of town the entire time she said she was getting cancer treatment – made up the whole thing. The other guy thought he was dating her too apparently. … Lol I guess this is karma.

So again, while I don’t know this is true, you have to ask yourself: Is the kind of PE teacher who would bone a student three times would also be the kind who fakes cancer in order to have her weekends free so she could bone her college sidepiece? That’s an eye-of-the-beholder thing and your guess is as good as mine.

The Grades:
Looks: She’s sort of a blonde, low rent, Gwinnett County Georgia, Minimum Wage Man’s Laura Prepon.
Grade: B-

Moral Compass/Bad Judgment: There’s not a ton to go with here, but sex with a male student three times and (allegedly) faking cancer in order to cheat on two guys is more than most gym teachers accomplish in a career. And she pulled it off by the time she was 25.
Grade: B+

Intangibles: Well, the mom did hire her to tutor her son in Physical Education. She nailed that part of it.
Grade: A

Overall: B. Here’s hoping she stays healthy so she can have sex with more 17-year-olds.

Goofy
03-20-2019, 01:30 PM
Could be innocent, need more info (better pictures)

Hal-9000
03-20-2019, 04:24 PM
I was going to say she had a chance to be innocent. Looks like Goof and the person who did the rating system above beat me to it.