PDA

View Full Version : California: First Illegal Alien Appointed To State Post

PorkChopSandwiches
03-20-2019, 05:32 PM
California has been moving to this point for some time now. For the first time in its history, the Golden State has named an illegal alien to a statewide post, which ironically enough after the college scandal last week, that helps to increase college access for students from low-income or underserved communities.

Lizbeth Mateo, a 33-year-old attorney and immigrants rights activist, was appointed to serve by the Senate Rules Committee on Wednesday.

I can't tell you the irony of the Senate appointing someone who is illegally in the country to a position that uses taxpayer money to then use tax payer money again to educate people, including illegal aliens at taxpayer expense.

The appointment came just one day after President Donald Trump's visit to San Diego, where he attacked the state's immigration approach.

"While Donald Trump fixates on walls, California will continue to concentrate on opportunities," Senate President pro Tem Kevin de León said in a news release. "Ms. Mateo is a courageous, determined and intelligent young woman who at great personal risk has dedicated herself to fight for those seeking their rightful place in this country."

Yahoo News reports:

In announcing the decision, Senate President pro tempore Kevin de León appeared to recognize the move as an act of defiance in the face of the Trump administration's current immigration crackdown.

Mateo said she welcomed the opportunity, telling the newspaper that "while undocumented students have become more visible in our state, they remain under-represented in places where decisions that affect them are being made."

The attorney was born in Oaxaca, Mexico, and came to the U.S. with her parents when she was just 14 years old. She went on to develop a passion for law and became the first person in her family to graduate from college, receiving her degree from Santa Clara University law school in 2016 and passing the California bar last year, according to her legal firm's website. She was officially sworn in by De León on June 29, 2017.

California became the first state in the U.S. to allow undocumented immigrants to practice law in 2014, with New York following in its footsteps not long after.

DemonGeminiX
03-20-2019, 05:41 PM
You are quickly becoming vassals of Mexico.

Griffin
03-20-2019, 05:43 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/80/b2/88/80b288fe19be966a901a336e5258536f.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
03-20-2019, 05:44 PM
You are quickly becoming vassals of Mexico.

Its a "non-violent" invasion

fricnjay
03-20-2019, 05:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/OxbkNN0.jpg

I support this. :tup:

RBP
03-20-2019, 09:07 PM
I really don't understand how this all works at all. It makes no sense.

Griffin
03-20-2019, 10:16 PM
Just a bunch of dipshits thumbing their nose at Trump.
Apparently they've never heard the adage of "Cutting off the nose to spite the face".

KevinD
03-21-2019, 12:30 AM
Un-fing-believable.

Muddy
03-21-2019, 12:35 AM
Im going to be mayor of Finland soon.. All I need to do is sneak over there one night..

lost in melb.
03-21-2019, 08:41 AM
She's a dreamer, right? Came here as a child. Clearly she has some documentation or status to allow her to practice.

Devoting her time to helping underprivileged people, including citizens, obtain education. Is this right? What makes you assume she wants to flood the country with illegal immigrants.

I understand the principles at issue here. I just can't understand why you'd target this woman in particular? In any other sensible Western democracy she would have been granted citizenship ages ago. The political blockade that allows criminals and resource-wasters to flood the country also seems tied to preventing decent people from having a path to legitimate citizenship.

You need to work this out.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-21-2019, 09:55 AM
She's a dreamer, right? Came here as a child. Clearly she has some documentation or status to allow her to practice.

Devoting her time to helping underprivileged people, including citizens, obtain education. Is this right? What makes you assume she wants to flood the country with illegal immigrants.

I understand the principles at issue here. I just can't understand why you'd target this woman in particular? In any other sensible Western democracy she would have been granted citizenship ages ago. The political blockade that allows criminals and resource-wasters to flood the country also seems tied to preventing decent people from having a path to legitimate citizenship.

A) She is NOT a citizen

B) It's funny hearing an Aussie lecture us on how to deal with immigration, especially people trying to enter/having entered the country illegally

lost in melb.
03-21-2019, 10:53 AM
A) She is NOT a citizen

B) It's funny hearing an Aussie lecture us on how to deal with immigration, especially people trying to enter/having entered the country illegally

Oh, mate...I'm not lecturing. But as an outsider I can see something that perhaps you can't - and that is the preposterousness and utter hypocrisy of the situation. Even just recently they fired, reluctantly, a bunch of undocumented workers from Trump estates. I'm sure they knew the whole time.

Even more interesting would be to hear about a workable solution to this issue.

DemonGeminiX
03-21-2019, 10:57 AM
Even more interesting would be to hear about a workable solution to this issue.

Here's a workable solution: deportation.

lost in melb.
03-21-2019, 11:03 AM
Here's a workable solution: deportation.

I fully understand the principle and your anger.

Work-ability of that is zero. Unless you actually want disintegration of the country, anarchy and civil war :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
03-21-2019, 11:08 AM
Maybe I am angry. I think right now I'm more in a state of shock that our whole left coast is run by idiots that don't understand that for a civil society to exist, laws must be implemented and obeyed and when they're not, punishments must be doled out.

It's very workable. These people don't belong here. Round them up and deport them. Build the wall. If they resist, shoot them. Repeal any law that gives illegals any taxpayer benefits so they won't want to be here. And I sincerely doubt this country would devolve into civil war, as everybody on the right has all of the guns. The idiots on the left have all but given up their right to keep and bear arms. It would be a very short war.

lost in melb.
03-21-2019, 11:26 AM
Maybe I am angry. I think right now I'm more in a state of shock that our whole left coast is run by idiots that don't understand that for a civil society to exist, laws must be implemented and obeyed and when they're not, punishments must be doled out.

It's very workable. These people don't belong here. Round them up and deport them. Build the wall. If they resist, shoot them. Repeal any law that gives illegals any taxpayer benefits so they won't want to be here. And I sincerely doubt this country would devolve into civil war, as everybody on the right has all of the guns. The idiots on the left have all but given up their right to keep and bear arms. It would be a very short war.

I can understand it. I get upset if a boat arrives with 30 people onboard - and you have millions.

With absolute due respect, I think the right has been in pocket with the whole thing just as or almost as much. Their vested interests maintain this as much or almost as much as the left. At least as far as politicians are concerned. I'm not even sure how interested Trump is. I think he genuinely wants to stop the influx of illegals and drugs.

But yes, California is basically treading its own path. Technically they are flagrantly ( and openly) breaking the rules. But many do so quietly all over the country to line their pockets. I do believe the current laws are unworkable and broken though - and my understanding is they are not even proper laws but rather 'temporary extensions' while you work out what to do. The actual proper process to decide on and implement contemporary laws appears completely gummed up.

I'm sorry if I come across as patronising with this issue. I think it's ridiculous that an illegal alien has a state position - but in context to the larger issue it's not so surprising.

RBP
03-21-2019, 12:20 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/us/undocumented-immigrants-illegal-citizenship.html

She does not have DACA status apparently. She was denied because she went to Mexico and then protested her way back in at the border with other students. Maybe that has changed since that article was written. CA and NY passed laws to allow illegals to practice law. The Obama administration dropped their objections despite calling it a clear violation of federal law.

I have no information on why she and others do not try to obtain citizenship. I also do not understand how the state can legally employ her if she has no legal work status.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-21-2019, 12:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMfYNqJgO8Y

lost in melb.
03-21-2019, 01:21 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/us/undocumented-immigrants-illegal-citizenship.html

She does not have DACA status apparently. She was denied because she went to Mexico and then protested her way back in at the border with other students. Maybe that has changed since that article was written. CA and NY passed laws to allow illegals to practice law. The Obama administration dropped their objections despite calling it a clear violation of federal law.

I have no information on why she and others do not try to obtain citizenship. I also do not understand how the state can legally employ her if she has no legal work status.

Thanks. I can only learn about this at a certain rate. I don't have an agenda other than to dig deeper in an effort to understand.

It seems that even locals (such as yourself) scratch their heads to keep up

DemonGeminiX
03-21-2019, 01:23 PM
I bet all of this shit would stop if we took our entire military, invaded Mexico, and annexed it.

lost in melb.
03-21-2019, 01:24 PM
I bet all of this shit would stop if we took our entire military, invaded Mexico, and annexed it.

I reckon 15 years and you could turn that shit-hole around.

lost in melb.
03-21-2019, 01:29 PM
The irony, too, is a lot of Americans LOVE Mexico. It just needs better management.

DemonGeminiX
03-21-2019, 01:31 PM
No kidding. They're a mess.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-21-2019, 01:32 PM

That's been my idea/solution for many years, get your own :hand:

DemonGeminiX
03-21-2019, 01:34 PM
That's been my idea/solution for many years, get your own :hand:

:nono:

I'm annexing your idea.

Hal-9000
03-21-2019, 03:27 PM
No one likes my - Work for the Wall idea :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
03-21-2019, 03:38 PM
No one likes my - Work for the Wall idea :sad2:

If we annex Mexico, our southern border will become a lot smaller so we won't need as much labor to put a wall up. :dunno:

Hal-9000
03-21-2019, 03:45 PM
If we annex Mexico, our southern border will become a lot smaller so we won't need as much labor to put a wall up. :dunno:

You could test some small mid range nukes and create the new dividing area on the map called The Trench :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-21-2019, 03:51 PM
CA is a fucking joke.... I hope there is a lawsuit coming. How can you use tax dollars to put an ILLEGAL in office. Its bad enough the welfare we dole out to ILLEGALS, now we are giving them government jobs :facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
03-21-2019, 04:17 PM
I know you don't want to hear it, but I hear Arizona is pretty nice for a desert state.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-21-2019, 04:19 PM
:dance:

Pony
03-21-2019, 05:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFG0dzRPin4