PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing question

RBP
03-22-2019, 04:00 AM
I can do fixes but some times get stumped. Can anyone tell me what this is? It looks like a quick release on the flexible tubing to the side spray.

Mom has trouble pulling out the side spray on her kitchen sink. I bought smaller OD nylon weave tubing that should create less drag. Ultimately, she needs a new faucet with a pull down spray, but we do things on mom's time. She resents decisions being made for her. I'm down, just want to make it workable in the meantime.

It's a bitch to get at, so if that's a quick release, that would be smarter than trying to take the nut off at the top.

https://i.imgur.com/fkH09Xc.png?1

RBP
03-22-2019, 04:12 AM
Oh shit. Is that an extender/coupler? All I have to do it unscrew it? I'm going to feel dumb if that's the case. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-22-2019, 05:52 AM
I have never actually messed with anything under any of my sinks... ever... yet. Sorry.

Pony
03-22-2019, 11:18 AM
I'd bet unscrew. Usually the push/click lock is on the other end. Hopefully the replacement line is the same fitting sizes and style.

Or you could just break it and tell mom Oops, you need a new faucet.

Wondering if they make a teflon ring that goes on the sink hole to create less drag instead of replacing the line...

Teh One Who Knocks
03-22-2019, 11:23 AM
After closely looking at the photo.... :-k

Easiest solution is to move someplace else with a better sink :tup:

RBP
03-22-2019, 11:52 AM
After closely looking at the photo.... :-k

Easiest solution is to move someplace else with a better sink :tup:

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-22-2019, 12:15 PM
When we replaced the crappy SS sink in the kitchen with a granite sink, we bought a nice faucet to go with it as well. It was a royal pain in the ass to do when we were thinking it was going to be a relatively straightforward kind of thing. My advice would be to just get a new faucet, tell your mother that is the simplest and easiest thing to do. Unless you are looking high-end, there's lots of decent faucets out there for reasonable prices between Home Depot and Lowes.

Pony
03-22-2019, 12:23 PM
Usually the toughest thing is getting the old stuff apart and out. Just did an install at my sisters, all brand new kitchen, I did new Pex plumbing up from the basement pipes, new valves and a single hole faucet with integrated sprayer. The only time I had to spend upside down was to tighten the single nut for the faucet and 2 seconds to plug in the click lock sprayer hose. Braided flex lines are so nice.

Hal-9000
03-22-2019, 02:55 PM
I have a 1/2 bath downstairs with a sink that has a slow drain. Once my Dad held the flashlite while instructing me how to dissemble it.

He says - This is the biggest pain in the ass in the house to fix - and he was right :lol:

Too much to explain here, but once you get the drain plug out you have to somehow assemble it again blind within the pipe after cleaning.

Good luck!

fricnjay
03-22-2019, 03:04 PM
A lot of faucets with a separate sprayer have the little plastic connectors now. Its has a button to release a fitting but they seem to work pretty good.

KevinD
03-22-2019, 03:20 PM
It's a plastic locking mechanism. I forget the name. You should be able to separate the white from the black (no segregation pun intended) then slide the two plastic pieces off. Once off, you'll be able to remove the flex hose and swap it out. Ive not seen that actually connecting type before, but should be somewhat similar to this:

https://youtu.be/gbh2YUSlq3c