PDA

View Full Version : Men's Only 'Cuddling Group' Aims To Redefine Masculinity For The Millennial Generation

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 12:14 PM
By Emily Zanotti - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/h5qBMlxh.jpg

A Plymouth, Pennsylvania men's group is introducing an all-mens' "cuddling event" in order to help men redefine mascuilinity in their own lives, and to cope wth past sexual abuse, according to local news.

The "Men’s Therapeutic Cuddle Group" as it's known on Meetup.com, wants to help all men — regardless of past experience with sexual abuse — and aims “to provide a safe, structured, and platonic environment for men to experience ‘the three As’: Acceptance, Affirmation and Affection.”

The next session is April 3, and there's still room to sign up.

All participants must be over 18 years of age and come to the event fully clothed, according to the event invitation. Men must be "hygienically sound" and be present promptly at 7p.m. They are also required to ask everyone else in the group for verbal consent before engaging in any actual touching or cuddling.

"We establish 'safe touch' boundries [sic], and only allow non-sexual cuddling," according to the event's Meetup.com age. "Men may want to cuddle for many reasons, including to help heal past sexual abuse. If touch boundaries are not honored by all men, it can be damaging to the emotional or psychological health of other men."

The Blaze got even more details about the event.

Group organizers suggest holding your fellow man "motorcycle-style," which is described as the "holder," who "sits on a pillow on the floor with his back against a wall or sofa."

"The 2nd man; the one being held, sits in front of the holder facing forward so his back rests on the holder's chest, his head on the shoulder," the page adds. " The holder will embrace the man around the chest and, in time, may be asked for additional forms of affection such as hand holding, hair or beard stroking, back rubbing, hand massages, etc."

Other options reportedly include "spooning," and the "cuddle train."

A quick Google search shows that Pennsyvlania isn't the only state where men's-only cuddling is coming into fashion. Groups like "Cuddling Men NYC" and "Men Cuddling Men" in Chicago, Illinois, offer the same services, and organize men-only cuddling events with regularity in both major cities. There are even "cuddle party facilitators," according to a Meetup.com listing, who will help you organize your own "cuddle party."

The group in Pennsylvania lists, among its aims, to take on "toxic mascuilinity."

"So often, we’re taught that to be an emotional stoic is the mark of manhood,” the group's cofounder told Philly.com. “If you show any emotional weakness or vulnerability, that’s a failure to your title of a man.”

"If we expect men to be emotionally sensitive to the needs of others, they first need to be able to build an emotional vocabulary,” he continued.

They do caution that cuddling is just one tool in the emotional stability "toolbox."

Although the concept seems strange, the men quoted by Philly.com say the cuddling has helped them get in touch with their emotions and better cope with psychological stress in a healthy way.

Griffin
03-27-2019, 12:29 PM
bunch a poofters

RBP
03-27-2019, 01:16 PM
Can I move to another planet? I don't like this one.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 01:18 PM
Don't you want to get on board the "cuddle train"? :-s

RBP
03-27-2019, 01:29 PM
Don't you want to get on board the "cuddle train"? :-s

If you google it, there are articles about "research" showing that it's men who are the cuddlers after sex. Not women. Conspiracy alert. All sub qualities are being reassigned.

Muddy
03-27-2019, 01:46 PM
Look at that pack of faggots...

fricnjay
03-27-2019, 03:31 PM
This reminds me of that guy that came on Anothersite and wanted to have a jackoff cam party. :shakehead:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 03:32 PM
This reminds me of that guy that came on Anothersite and wanted to have a jackoff cam party. :shakehead:

The first rule of wank club dude :hand:

fricnjay
03-27-2019, 03:33 PM
The first rule of wank club dude :hand:

Thats what it was, I knew we had come up with a gag for it. :lmao:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 03:52 PM
How did Lance get the coveted middle spot? :-s

Griffin
03-27-2019, 04:27 PM
he's always the pivot man

fricnjay
03-27-2019, 04:29 PM

https://i.imgur.com/BoLksOr.gif

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 04:30 PM
How did Lance get the coveted middle spot? :-s

:smileban:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 04:36 PM

https://i.imgur.com/IPxkCdI.jpg

:lol:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 05:44 PM
The One Who Cuddles.

:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 05:45 PM
Sounds like some people looking for new sigs and avatars :-k

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 05:49 PM
Aww don't be like that. Come over here big guy and give me a hug :cloud9:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 06:28 PM
Lance is a new supervillain...The Cuddler :shock:

Muddy
03-27-2019, 06:59 PM
Is that really you in the middle, Lance?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 07:00 PM
So, three people so far needing new avs and sigs :-k

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 07:04 PM
Is that really you in the middle, Lance?

I gotta run, fight the good fight for us Muddy :lol:

Muddy
03-27-2019, 07:05 PM
I gotta run, fight the good fight for us Muddy :lol:

toodaloo hugglez..! :wave:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 07:08 PM
much love,
Cuddlecakes-9000

RBP
03-27-2019, 10:24 PM
buncha cuddle fags in here.

Godfather
03-28-2019, 03:44 AM
You know I have to bite on this, but what about this shit has to do with 'the Millennial Generation?' All these guys in the photo look 40+ to me :lol:

RBP
03-28-2019, 04:59 AM
You know I have to bite on this, but what about this shit has to do with 'the Millennial Generation?' All these guys in the photo look 40+ to me :lol:

22-37 is millennial, so they could be close. Besides, no other generation would claim this shit. :lol:

RBP
03-28-2019, 05:34 AM
No, you are not. :lol:

I don't think you're representative of the small percentage that have gone off the deep end.

My millennial communist wife opposes eminent domain. I don't think I have privately laughed harder in my life.

RBP
03-28-2019, 05:44 AM
For the record, GF posted a video of Neil Young's "Old Man" to which I was responding. He (I assumed his gender) subsequently deleted it. I believe this was done with the nefarious intent to make me look like a rambling old man, thus proving his point without making it.

RBP
03-28-2019, 05:51 AM
I imagine if GF got pulled over for speeding, and protested, the cop would ask his wife. She'd respond, "don't ask me, I don't argue with him when he's been drinking".

RBP
03-28-2019, 05:52 AM
I'm proving his point, aren't I... dammit.

Godfather
03-28-2019, 06:25 AM
For the record, GF posted a video of Neil Young's "Old Man" to which I was responding. He (I assumed his gender) subsequently deleted it. I believe this was done with the nefarious intent to make me look like a rambling old man, thus proving his point without making it.

I imagine if GF got pulled over for speeding, and protested, the cop would ask his wife. She'd respond, "don't ask me, I don't argue with him when he's been drinking".

I'm proving his point, aren't I... dammit.

:rofl:

Actually laughing my dick off here. I really just deleted it thinking it was a little too out there, but that inadvertently made this far more funny. You da best.