#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Holy Shit Star Univ. of Auburn gymnast breaks both legs in gruesome fall

By Travis Fedschun, Fox News

A senior gymnast from Auburn University had to be carted out in a stretcher from an NCAA gymnastics regional event on Friday after a serious leg injury during her floor routine.

Samantha Cerio was making her first pass at the Baton Rouge Regional, attempting a handspring double front with a blind landing when she made the hard landing and fell to the mat.

“It was pretty tough to watch,” Auburn coach Jeff Graba said after the meet, according to Nola.com. “She’s a trouper. The last thing she said was, ‘Go help the girls.’ The girls rallied around her. They’re doing this for her right now.”

Cerio was reportedly screaming in agony on the floor and clutching both her legs before she was tended to by medical staff and athletic trainers.

Auburn officials have not given a specific update on Cerio’s injuries, but Nola.com reported Cerio dislocated both of her knees and broke both of her legs.

Warning: Footage is gruesome

(if the video doesn't start at the right spot, go to 39:26)

Paramedics placed air casts around both her legs and carried the 5-foot senior from Huntersville, N.C., out on a stretcher amid a standing ovation from fans, The Advocate reported.

Cerio, who focuses on the floor and the bars, was recently named an SEC co-scholar athlete of the year, according to the Auburn Tigers website.

The team finished the Friday night competition with an overall score of 197.075, the highest regional score in program history, to advance to the regional final on Saturday night. That drew Cerio to share her thoughts on Twitter, writing, “I love my team #WarEagle.”

A post shared by on

The team rallied around Cerio’s injury, with the hashtag “#StickItForSam” before the final on Saturday night.

Graba told the Advocate she was the “heart and soul” of the team.

“We wanted more than anything to do this for her,” he said.

Even with rallying around their injured teammate, the gymnastics team ended up coming up short during the regional finals on Saturday, finishing fourth, according to the Auburn Tigers website.

“I think we were out of gas,” Auburn head coach Jeff Graba said after the final. “Emotionally spent. But I thought the girls fought hard. They did a great job.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Oh fuck...announcer says - She may be hurt, that ankle came down awkwardly...that ankle may have buckled

I broke my femur and tried to walk on it after. This sort of thing is tough to watch.

Without knowing I think she broke both of her tibia/fibulas.

Last edited by Hal-9000; 04-08-2019 at 04:26 PM. Reason: broke my fingers typing the reaction

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Oh fucking Christ all mighty..!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (04-08-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Oh fucking Christ all mighty..!!!
    I saw one from the 2016 Rio Olympics where the guy comes off a pommel horse and lands...bottom of leg goes sideways

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What bothers me the most is that these athletes have possibly the strongest muscles, ligaments and bone structures from practice/proper foods/nutrients etc.

A lifetime of staying in shape.

And then crAAAAAA-AAAACK!