Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., faced an unexpected grilling from "Late Show" host Stephen Colbert on whether or not the middle class will face a tax hike to fund Medicare-for-all.

During the interview on Tuesday night, Colbert began the exchange by referring to Medicare-for-all as her "most radical" policy position.

"You keep being asked in the debates how are you going to pay for it, are you going to be raising the middle-class taxes... How are you going to pay for it? Are you going to be raising the middle-class taxes?" Colbert asked.

"So, here's how we're going to do this," Warren responded. "Costs are going to go up for the wealthiest Americans, for big corporations... and hard-working middle-class families are going to see their costs going down."

"But will their taxes go up?" Colbert pressed.

"But, here's the thing," Warren said.

"But, here's the thing," Colbert grinningly interrupted. "I've listened to these answers a few times before and I just want to make a parallel suggestion to you that you might defend the taxes perhaps that you’re not mentioning in your sentence."

He continued by sharing his "parallel suggestion": "Isn’t Medicare-for-all like public school? There might be taxes for it, but you certainly save a lot of money sending your kids to school and do you want to live in a world where your kids aren’t educated? Do you want to live in a world where your fellow citizens are dying, even if it costs a little bit of money?”

"So, I accept your point and I believe in your point," Warren responded. "Health care is a basic human right. We fight for basic human rights, and that’s Medicare-for-all. Everyone gets covered."
    It is not a basic human right..(It would be nice if it were free) But alas, it is a service paid for and provided by someone.

Now.. That being said.. I bet "Medicaid for all" would cost far less that the 24k I pay a year for health insurance. I would probably sign up if at the end of the day my rates were halved, and the bloodthirsty middle man known as 'insurance company's' were removed from the equation. They have totally fucked our health care system being in between you and your doctor.
    Last edited by Muddy; 09-18-2019 at 12:31 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (09-18-2019), KevinD (09-18-2019), Pony (09-18-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    It is not a basic human right..(It would be nice if it were free) But alas, it is a service paid for and provided by someone.

Now.. That being said.. I bet "Medicaid for all" would cost far less that the 24k I pay a year for health insurance. I would probably sign up if at the end of the day my rates were halved, and the bloodthirsty middle man known as 'insurance company's' were removed from the equation. They have totally fucked our health care system being in between you and your doctor.
    My problem is, when has the government ever ran something successfully. The mutha fuckin DMV is a gawddamn nightmare, now imagine thats your Dr. office.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Pony (09-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    My problem is, when has the government ever ran something successfully. The mutha fuckin DMV is a gawddamn nightmare, now imagine thats your Dr. office.
    Medicaid worked pretty well for my great uncle of which I had to manage his care. And our Virginia DMV has come a long long way since the 80's. So there is that?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Medicaid worked pretty well for my great uncle of which I had to manage his care. And our Virginia DMV has come a long long way since the 80's. So there is that?
    Fair, I guess I assumed all DMV's ran the same. CA DMV is a nightmare, you cant even get an appointment to renew your license in the time frame from when they tell you you need to renew and the expiration of your license. I had to drive for over a month with an expired license. If I were to just show up at the DMV for a renewal its at least a 6 hour wait.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Fair, I guess I assumed all DMV's ran the same. CA DMV is a nightmare, you cant even get an appointment to renew your license in the time frame from when they tell you you need to renew and the expiration of your license. I had to drive for over a month with an expired license. If I were to just show up at the DMV for a renewal its at least a 6 hour wait.
    Ours you go in to a central desk where you tell them why you're there, They give you a number that is called electronically to a specific window that is qualified to handle your specific request. They also give you the forms you need to fill out while you are waiting for your number to be called, so when you get up there you are ready to transact. On the busiest days 1 hour is tops..

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    You may have posted this in the wrong thread..
    Yeah.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

‘You Tell Beto That, Ok?’: Manchin Slams Fellow Dem O’Rourke for His AR-15 Confiscation Proposal

By Houston Keene - Independent Journal Review

Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) called out 2020 Democratic presidential primary candidate Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) for his mandatory assault weapon buyback proposal.

On Wednesday, it was reported that Manchin — whose state was won by President Donald Trump with nearly 68 percent of the vote — blasted the former Texas congressman for his gun control plan, saying that he was “one human being” with one opinion.

He went on to proclaim that O’Rourke would not be “taking” his firearms.

“Beto’s one human being. He gave his own opinion, OK? I think it was very harmful to make it look like all the Democrats,” Manchin told Lindsay Wise of the Wall Street Journal. “I can tell you one thing: [O’Rourke’s] not taking my guns away from me.”

“You tell Beto that OK?” the West Virginia senator added.

The news elicited a response from Manchin’s fellow Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) — who defeated O’Rourke during the 2018 midterm elections. Cruz offered nothing more than a side-eye emoji.

Manchin’s response to O’Rourke’s plan came the same day that the president dubbed the former Texas congressman “Dummy Beto.”

“Dummy Beto made it much harder to make a deal,” wrote Trump, referencing potential gun control legislation. “Convinced many that Dems just want to take your guns away. Will continue forward!”

Manchin has called out his Democratic colleagues in Congress before.

As IJR previously reported, the West Virginia Democrat torched his fellow Democrats in June for supporting Senator Bernie Sanders‘ (I-Vt.) “Medicare for All” proposal.

He told The Hill that the U.S. cannot afford to pay for some people’s Medicare needs, let alone the entire country’s.

“We can’t even pay for Medicare for some and to go Medicare for All, we can’t take care of those who are depending on it right now,” said Manchin.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Bill De Blasio is out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Good News At Aurora Town Hall, Beto O'Rourke says he's open to broadening gun buyback proposal

The Associated Press

AURORA, Colo. (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke says he's open to broadening his proposal to require owners of AK-47s and AR-15s to sell them to the government.

During an emotional town hall Thursday near the site of the Colorado theater shooting, a man who identified himself as a survivor of the 1999 Columbine massacre noted that the shooters there didn't use the military-style weapons O'Rourke wants to take. They instead used regular semi-automatic weapons. He challenged O'Rourke to confiscate those arms as well.

O'Rourke told reporters afterward: "If there's a way to improve what we proposed, I want to make sure we're reflecting that."

Most pistols and many rifles in the U.S. are semi-automatic. In contrast, there are about 10 million AK-47s and AR-15s out of more than 300 million firearms in private hands in the country.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Bill De Blasio is out.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (09-23-2019), Pony (09-23-2019), PorkChopSandwiches (09-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah but the dem money is being spread across multiple candidates.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    The Associated Press

AURORA, Colo. (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke says he's open to broadening his proposal to require owners of AK-47s and AR-15s to sell them to the government.

During an emotional town hall Thursday near the site of the Colorado theater shooting, a man who identified himself as a survivor of the 1999 Columbine massacre noted that the shooters there didn't use the military-style weapons O'Rourke wants to take. They instead used regular semi-automatic weapons. He challenged O'Rourke to confiscate those arms as well.

O'Rourke told reporters afterward: "If there's a way to improve what we proposed, I want to make sure we're reflecting that."

Most pistols and many rifles in the U.S. are semi-automatic. In contrast, there are about 10 million AK-47s and AR-15s out of more than 300 million firearms in private hands in the country.
    I'm seriously considering purchasing an AR-10 because of this shit.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Well he has no chance so I wouldn't be too concerned

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Muddy (09-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    But he's not the only one up there saying that. And the kids are applauding him. Our future is bleak.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (10-05-2019), PorkChopSandwiches (09-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    But he's not the only one up there saying that. And the kids are applauding him. Our future is bleak.
    It's just a matter of time until they control the majority.