Page 8 of 163 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Gabbard served our country in the military, and Harris sucked Willie Brown's cock.

With those kind of records, I think I'd vote for Gabbard over Harris.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

perrhaps (08-02-2019), PorkChopSandwiches (08-01-2019), RBP (08-02-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (08-01-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Off My Meds ‘WE’RE TOO LATE’: Democrat Andrew Yang Takes Climate Hysteria To New Level

By RYAN SAAVEDRA - The Daily Wire

Democrat presidential candidate Andrew Yang claimed without evidence on Wednesday night that "we're too late" in addressing climate change and that people need to be evacuated to higher ground immediately.

Yang began by highlighting a statistic that Joe Biden cited that the U.S. is responsible for only 15% of total global emissions and that even if the U.S. makes drastic changes in climate policy it is not going to do much in the grand scheme of things.

"This is going to be a tough truth but we are too late," Yang said. "We are 10 years too late. We need to do everything we can to start moving the climate in the right direction but also need to start moving our people to higher ground and the best way to do that is to put economic resources in your hands so you can protect yourself and your families."

WATCH:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-02-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If we're too late, then there's no sense in talking about it, and much less sense in doing something about it.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm already safe, I'm a mile high and I'll watch the rest of you all drown

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

You'll just starve to death slowly when all the food runs out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (08-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How long can you tread water?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Everybody's got boats down here. I'll just hop a ride with a neighbor and bring a fishing pole.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sorry...getting off track, this is an SD thread.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (08-01-2019), RBP (08-02-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I watched as much of that debate as I could take. It was (as expected) a shit show. Yang was the only one didn't argue like it was an anonymous internet flame thread, but the "higher ground" comment was his wtf moment.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (08-02-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I watched as much of that debate as I could take. It was (as expected) a shit show. Yang was the only one didn't argue like it was an anonymous internet flame thread, but the "higher ground" comment was his wtf moment.
    Yeah, what on earth was he thinking?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-02-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Tulsi Gabbard accuses MSNBC of pushing 'talking points' from Kamala Harris in fiery interview

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, slammed MSNBC during a contentious interview on the network, accusing an anchor of being fed "talking points" from her 2020 competitor, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.

MSNBC anchor Yasmin Vossoughian pressed the congresswoman Thursday on her views on U.S. relations with Saudi Arabia as well as her January 2017 meeting with Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, which she defended by saying she would meet with any leader in pursuit of peace and the safety of Americans.

“When sitting down with someone like Bashar al-Assad in Syria, do you confront him directly and say why do you order chemical attacks on your own people?" Vossoughian asked.

"Why do you cause the killings of over half a million people in your country?"

"Look, I want to break this down to what we're talking about," Gabbard responded.

“It’s really a yes or no answer -- do you confront him or not?” Vossoughian continued.

The line of questioning didn't sit well with Gabbard, so much so that she suggested that MSNBC was teaming up a rival campaign.

“You’re talking about a meeting that took place, what, three years ago?” Gabbard shot back. “And every time I come back here on MSNBC, you guys talk to me about these issues, it sounds like these are talking points that Kamala Harris and her campaign are feeding you because she’s refusing to address the questions that were posed to her.”

"It's not a talking point, Congresswoman, it's important," Vossoughian responded.

"It's important, I think, for the American people to have context about your foreign policy issues and where you stand. If you’re leading with foreign policy, a meeting with Bashar al-Assad which I’m sure you understand is a very controversial meeting to take, hence the reason why when you come on MSNBC, it is important to talk to you about it."

“Every single time for three years? This is where the propaganda comes in because I’ve talked about this a lot for the last three years,” Gabbard said. "I will not apologize to you or to anyone, anyone, for doing what I can, all that I can, to prevent our country from continuing the perpetual wrong decisions that have taken a toll on the lives of my brothers and sisters in uniform."

She added: “I will continue to do all that I can to make sure that we end these wasteful regime change wars that have taken such a toll on all of us and that have made our country less safe. And if that means having a meeting with a dictator, if that means trying to meet with Kim Jong-Un in North Korea to de-escalate tensions and remove this nuclear threat from our country and our people, whatever the crisis is.”

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-02-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Really? #KamalaHarrisDestroyed Trends on Twitter After Tulsi Gabbard Exchange at Debate Because Russians

JOSH SANCHEZ - Coed.com

One of the biggest shots landed during the CNN Democratic Debates came when Hawaii Representative Tulsi Gabbard went after California Congresswoman Kamala Harris over her record as a prosecutor. Gabbard hit Harris with some damning facts about incarceration for minor offenses while also bringing up concerns over blocking evidence for prisoners who were on death row.

As a result, #KamalaHarrisDestroyed became a trending topic on Twitter early Thursday morning.

The trend taking aim at Harris comes at a time when Gabbard was the most searched candidate from Wednesday night’s debate. Gabbard’s shining moment came during the exchange with Harris where she came prepared with the numbers.

“She put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana,” Gabbard said of Harris “She blocked evidence that would have freed an innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so. She kept people in prison beyond their sentences to use them as cheap labor for the state of California.

“The bottom line is, Senator Harris, when you were in a position to make a difference and an impact in these people’s lives, you did not. And worse yet, in the case of those who were on death row, innocent people, you actually blocked evidence from being revealed that would have freed them until you were forced to do so.”

It was a strong moment for Gabbard, who is looking to break through and qualify for the September debates, but some pundits and social media commentators are questioning the authenticity of the #KamalaHarrisDestroyed hashtag.

As you might expect, some are claiming that the Russians are interfering and pushing propaganda to bring down Harris, who was one of the top candidates in the polls.

Check out some of the comments below.

Whether Gabbard is able to achieve the necessary requirements for the September debates remains to be seen, but she certainly has momentum in her corner. The next Democratic debates which require at least 2 percent in four national polls and 130,000 unique donors will be held on September 12 and September 13.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-05-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (08-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Hickenlooper will end 2020 presidential run Thursday, according to source

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

Facing the likelihood that he won’t make the stage at next month’s Democratic presidential debates, former two-term Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper will end his 2020 run for the White House on Thursday, a source close to him told the Associated Press.

Advisers close to Hickenlooper’s inner circle previously told Fox News that Hickenlooper was facing mounting national pressure to end his longshot bid for the White House and jump into Colorado's crowded Democratic U.S. Senate primary for the chance to face off next year against first-term GOP Sen. Cory Gardner.

Hickenlooper, 67, struggled to raise funding and his poll numbers as he pursued the Democratic Party's presidential nomination. Advisers reportedly say he'd be better off running against Gardner, a former two-term congressman who narrowly defeated incumbent Democratic Sen. Mark Udall in 2014. The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee views Gardner as vulnerable in 2020.

A Democratic source familiar with Hickenlooper’s recent conversations with Senate Democratic leadership regarding a potential Senate run told Fox News “the DSCC wants him to drop (his White House bid) and they want this recruit really badly.”

Hickenlooper, a geologist by training who started a successful brewery in downtown Denver and then served two terms as the city’s mayor before winning the governorship, left office in January with an approval rating nearly 20 percentage points above water.

A new poll in Colorado released this week suggested Hickenlooper would be far ahead of the rest of the already-crowded field of candidates for the Democratic Senate nomination if he were to join that race.

The source, who asked to remain anonymous in order to speak more freely, said that at a meeting in New York City earlier this month between Hickenlooper and Sen. Chuck Schumer, the top Democrat in the chamber, “Schumer made the point that if the governor were to run for the Senate, he would be a total hero. ... The governor could be the firewall between Mitch McConnell remaining as Senate majority leader and the Democrats taking back the Senate.”

A separate source, close to Hickenlooper’s inner circle, told Fox News that “everyone has come to him and said, ‘We need you, we need you, we need you,’ and I think the message of ‘You need to do this for the sake of the country’ resonates with him.”

Hickenlooper faced a large uphill climb to meet the two Democratic National Committee thresholds – campaign contributions from 130,000 individual donors and at least 2 percent in four qualifying polls – to make the stage at the next two debates, which will be held next month and in October.

And the clock’s ticking: He has just two weeks left to qualify for the September showdown.

Fox News also confirmed a New York Times report on Tuesday evening that Hickenlooper met privately with Sen. Michael Bennet of Colorado – a rival for the Democratic presidential nomination – when the two crossed paths while campaigning in Iowa over the past week. Aides to both campaigns have been tight-lipped about what the two discussed.

Bennet – he was superintendent of Denver’s schools under then-Mayor Hickenlooper – also refused during an MSNBC interview on Wednesday to divulge the topic of their conversation.

But Bennet described his former boss as a phenomenal governor and mayor and added, “I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t be a phenomenal senator, but he’s got to make his own decision.”

Bennet, who also faces a steep climb to make the upcoming debates, said he’d stay in the race even if he doesn’t qualify for the showdowns.

Hickenlooper had a lackluster second quarter of fundraising, bringing in just $1 million during the April-June period. And six weeks ago, much of his senior staff left the campaign over differences with the candidate over the future of the effort.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Beto O’Rourke Grills a Cheeseburger to Prove He’s ‘Just Like You’

By HANNAH BLEAU - Breitbart

Presidential hopeful Beto O’Rourke (D), still struggling to crack three percent in most polls, took a break from the campaign trail to grill some burgers, according to a video posted Friday.
    The video surfaced last week, showing the former Texas lawmaker grilling a burger on a stovetop and placing a slice of cheese on the patty, slightly off-center. He appears to serve the dish with a side of broccoli– an unusual companion for the American classic. At a glance, it looks like he places the patty on an English muffin– another unconventional choice for such a meal:

It remains unclear how O’Rourke – a fierce climate change activist who once called the phenomenon the “greatest existential threat” we face – reconciles serving red meat, as many climate change alarmists attribute the festering climate “crisis,” in part, to beef consumption:

This is far from the first time O’Rourke has attempted to remind the American people that he is “just like them.”

There is also a video of O’Rourke changing a tire:

Flying on a commercial flight:

Getting a haircut:

Going to the dentist:

And going for a casual jog:

O’Rourke is currently averaging 2.8 percent in the polls, according to Real Clear Politics.