Page 18 of 163 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

White Privilege Democrats voice frustrations at plight of black, Hispanic presidential candidates

BY JONATHAN EASLEY - The Hill

Democrats are searching for answers as their largest and most diverse field of presidential contenders ever has been whittled down to a top tier of white candidates.

California Sen. Kamala Harris’s exit from the race on Tuesday underscored the degree to which candidates of color have struggled to gain traction in the Democratic primary.

At the moment, it appears that the party’s nominee is likely to be one of four white people — former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), or South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg.

And with Harris gone, the remaining six candidates who have qualified for the December debate are all white. Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and billionaire activist Tom Steyer are the other two candidates to have met the requirements.

It’s still possible that one or more candidates of color could qualify for the December debate. Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) have seven days to reach the polling thresholds set by the Democratic National Committee.

But for now, the finger pointing has begun.

Some are accusing the media of going easy on white candidates. There are also arguments that late-arriving billionaire candidates are drowning out other campaigns.

“It’s very troubling and I’m worried that Democrats might be setting themselves up for failure,” said Cornell William Brooks, a former NAACP president and current director at the William Monroe Trotter Collaborative for Social Justice at Harvard University.

“The demographic shift in this country, which is most pronounced in the Democratic Party, is toward a younger, more progressive and more diverse electorate. We could be looking at a debate stage that’s far different from that. When you have more billionaires than black people on stage, how are you supposed to sell that?”

Democrats pride themselves on a racially diverse party, and the plight of candidates of color is raising new concerns about a primary calendar that gives significant weight to Iowa and New Hampshire.

About 90 percent of people in Iowa and New Hampshire are white. The third and fourth states to vote, Nevada and South Carolina, are far more racially diverse.

“It’s profoundly unfair and anachronistic,” Brooks said. “The national party has to create a calendar so we have a truly representative segment of the citizenry and electorate who will vote. That’s the only thing that will give us the best gauge of who is most electable.”

Not all Democrats share this view.

Former President Obama pulled off a surprise victory in the Iowa caucuses in 2008, which subsequently generated momentum for his campaign among black voters in South Carolina.

This time around, Biden appears to have a deep and lasting bond with black voters, who have boosted him to a double-digit lead in the polls of South Carolina.

Harris and Booker, some Democrats say, have been unable to generate as broad of a bond with black voters.

“African Americans are not monolithic and the assumption that we are is a mistake,” said Antjuan Seawright, a Democratic strategist in South Carolina. “The depth and width of Biden’s support among black voters has been underestimated, and that’s been proven out time and time again.”

Former San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro, a 2020 Democratic White House hopeful, blasted the media Tuesday, saying a pile-up of stories about Harris’s campaign imploding in the weeks leading up to her exit were unnecessary.

Castro and others are arguing that every national campaign is rife with drama, but that the stories of infighting were peculiar to Harris’s campaign.

“The way that the media treated Sen. Harris in this campaign has been something else,” Castro said. “In the last few days, to see articles out … that basically trashed her campaign and focused on one small part of it, and I think held her to a different standard, a double standard, has been grossly unfair and unfortunate.”

Democrats interviewed by The Hill agreed that candidates of color — and women in particular — face unique challenges and a steeper climb to perceived electability than white candidates or men.

“It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy,” said one Democratic campaign staffer. “Poll well in a predominantly white state and then the media buzzes about you and then the donors give you money.”

But others said the media is mostly equal in its treatment of candidates, propping them up when they’re flying high and kicking them when they’re down.

And the complaints about the media, some Democrats say, ignores the glaring deficiencies in the Harris campaign, which ran out of money. Harris also struggled at times to define herself and her positions.

“We’re not at a point in this country where it’s easy to run as a woman or a candidate of color,” said one Democratic strategist. “But that said, Harris ran a shitty campaign.”

By far, the most venom is being reserved for Steyer and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the white billionaires who joined the race late and have combined to spend more than $100 million, dwarfing the rest of the field and bigfooting the candidates who are struggling most.

Emotions are still raw among Harris supporters, who lashed out at the billionaires and accused them of encroaching on turf that they should have conceded to the party’s diverse, next generation of leaders.

“We cannot allow billionaire candidates to strangle our democracy,” said Melissa Watson, a Harris supporter and the chairwoman of the Berkeley County Democratic Party in South Carolina. “We cannot allow candidates to come and drop $100 million of their money and erase the work that people have been doing on the ground for 10 months.

“That’s morally unacceptable.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    They do realize they are calling other liberals racist, right?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (12-06-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    By Maureen Callahan - The New York Post

The strongest indicator yet that Hillary’s mulling a 2020 run? She appeared Wednesday, for the first time ever, on Howard Stern.

There was hardly a pretense she was there to promote the book she co-wrote with daughter Chelsea, long ago a bestseller.

As those who listen to the show know, Stern publicly begged Hillary to appear during the 2016 campaign. After Donald Trump won, Stern said one guest shot could have moved the needle her way.

“If she had come on the show . . .,” Stern mused in May. “The way I helped Donald was I let him come on and be a personality. Whether you liked him or not . . . people related to him as a human being.”

Hillary, it’s clear, was after exactly that — relatability, long her white whale.

One can only ask: Why now, if she has no plans to run yet again?

Sure, it’s possible she just loves being part of the national conversation. But of all the venues such a serious stateswoman could choose, one whose public presentation has been so carefully cultivated over decades, really: Howard Stern?

She hasn’t closed the door on 2020. Just this past weekend, during an appearance on the UK’s “Graham Norton Show,” Hillary said she’d been “deluged” with pleas to run again.

“I’d have to make up my mind really quickly,” she said, “because it’s moving very fast.”

A reference, perhaps, to latecomer Mike Bloomberg?

Stern was an able ally, allowing Hillary to expound on her ability to work across the aisle (despite no signature legislation while serving New York in the US Senate), her support for the Osama bin Laden raid and her role in advising the president, her plans for her first 100 days as president (health care), and her concerns for the future of the country, which felt especially raw during Trump’s inauguration.

“If I had lost to a normal Republican,” Hillary said, “I wouldn’t have a pit in my stomach.”

Given this was Stern — truly one of our best interviewers — we got some gems.

“Contrary to what you may hear, I actually like men,” Hillary said, leading Stern to flat-out ask, “You’ve never had a lesbian affair?”

Amazing. George Stephanopoulos, Chuck Todd, Norah O’Donnell, et al., take notes!

Hillary, laughing, again said no, and went on to discuss everything from her mother’s depression to whether she’s ever been in therapy (no, but marriage counseling post-Lewinsky), to her stiffness in the spotlight (“It’s outside my comfort zone”), to the true charisma that she lacks but that her husband and Obama, she readily admits, have in spades, to her friendship with Mick Jagger (!) and how the deaths of her younger brother and two close friends this year have devastated her.

Even a coughing fit, which became a campaign meme about her ostensibly dire health, didn’t faze Hillary.

“I thought I’d come on and cough some more,” she joked.

Never has Hillary Clinton sounded this relaxed, conversational and, yes, human. She sounded like anyone you may know. None of Howard’s verbiage — “Do you ever just lay in bed and say, ‘F–k this, I’m getting out?’ ” — left her flummoxed.

Hillary proved she could hang.

Howard’s listeners agreed, flooding the airwaves after she left.

“She moved me to tears,” said one female listener. “If she had only come on when she was running, she would have won.”

“I did, three years ago, vote for Trump, but if she had come on during the election, my vote would have swung 150 percent.”

“I’m a conservative. I’ve always hated Hillary. This interview changed my [mind] . . . I had no idea how cool she was.”

“I wanted to tell her I’m sorry we believed the hype and we did not elect a presidential person. I wish we would have known this Hillary three years ago.”

“I just finally saw the human side of Hillary. She’s stellar.”

“Listening to her now . . . I think she should run again.”

For the past three years, Hillary has infamously blamed Russian interference, misogyny, Bernie bros, Wikileaks, the Comey memo, low-information voters, voter suppression, the Electoral College, etc. for her loss. But on Stern, she added a telling regret.
    “I think you were right,” she said of his repeated requests that she appear on his show in 2016. “I did not prioritize the media the way I should have. I think that was a miscalculation. I really do.”

And who, Howard asked, will she be supporting in 2020?

“Whoever can win,” she said.

It sounds like she thinks that’s her.
    She's so in.... only question is when. Brokered convention?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    They do realize they are calling other liberals racist, right?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-06-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Good News Joe Biden’s Immigration Plan: Amnesty for Illegal Aliens, Free All Border Crossers into U.S.

By John Binder - Breitbart

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s national immigration plan includes an effort to provide amnesty to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States, freeing border crossers into the country, and restarting welfare-dependent legal immigration that would cost American taxpayers billions.

In a plan released on Wednesday, Biden vows to provide amnesty to every illegal alien currently living in the U.S., as well as end nearly all of President Trump’s cost-saving reforms such as restarting a welfare-dependent immigration pipeline, where legal immigrants are permanently resettled in the country despite immediately needing public assistance.

“Biden will immediately begin working with Congress to modernize our system, with a priority on keeping families together by providing a roadmap to citizenship for nearly 11 million undocumented immigrants,” the outline states.

Aside from mass amnesty, the plan commits to:

• Releasing all border crossers into the U.S. interior
    • Restarting welfare-dependent legal immigration to the U.S.
    • Ending the National Emergency Declaration at the southern border
    • Ending a travel ban from foreign counties that sponsor terrorism
    • Providing amnesty to 3.5 million DACA-enrolled and DACA-eligible illegal aliens
    • Providing federal student loans and free community college to DACA illegal aliens
    • Cracking down on Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents

Biden’s plan would drive up huge costs for American taxpayers. For example, Biden’s DACA amnesty plan would cost U.S. citizens at least $26 billion as about one in five DACA illegal aliens would end up on food stamps, and at least one in seven would go on Medicaid, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

This cost would be in addition to the billions that citizens would again be forced to pay by his restarting of the welfare-dependent legal immigration. This year, Trump announced that his administration would effectively end the resettlement of millions of legal immigrants who are known to be a public charge on taxpayers.

Biden, though, said he will reverse enforcement of the “Public Charge Rule,” writing:

Allowing immigration officials to make an individual’s ability to receive a visa or gain permanent residency contingent on their use of government services such as SNAP benefits or Medicaid, their household income, and other discriminatory criteria undermines America’s character as land of opportunity that is open and welcoming to all, not just the wealthy. [Emphasis added]

The open borders lobby has taken issue with Biden’s immigration agenda because it does not go far enough in ending all interior immigration and border enforcement. Pro-mass immigration activists have demanded, for example, that all 2020 Democrats endorse their plan to end all deportations of illegal aliens, even those convicted of murder, child sex crimes, and rape.

Thus far, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) has vowed to end all deportations, while Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has said she is open to ending deportations.

Oppositely, Trump has raised America’s working and middle-class wages by tightening the labor market through increased immigration enforcement. Similarly, Trump’s economic nationalist agenda has sought to decrease overall immigration to the U.S. so foreign labor market competition is reduced for American workers, not increased.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Joe. The majority of the American people do not want this. Dems or Repubs.. fool.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (12-12-2019), RBP (12-20-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (12-12-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    They are in a bubble and cant see out

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-20-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (12-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Joe. The majority of the American people do not want this. Dems or Repubs.. fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    They are in a bubble and cant see out
    And they still don't get it as to why working middle class people all voted for Trump.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (12-20-2019), Muddy (12-12-2019), PorkChopSandwiches (12-12-2019), RBP (12-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Politics Democrats' debate erupts as candidates spar over donors; Yang slams Trump 'obsession'

By Gregg Re | Fox News

Long-simmering tensions boiled over at Thursday night's 2020 Democratic presidential primary debate in Los Angeles, as a blunt one-on-one sparring match erupted between Pete Buttigieg and Elizabeth Warren over their fundraising -- just minutes after businessman Andrew Yang slammed Democrats' "obsession" with President Trump and impeachment.

Warren, a U.S. senator from Massachusetts, began the fiery exchange by criticizing Buttigieg's recent lavish fundraiser in Napa, Calif., saying he was cavorting with "billionaires in wine caves" -- prompting Buttigieg to retort that Warren, a multimillionaire, was a populist in name only.

"You know, according to Forbes magazine, I'm literally the only person on this stage who is not a millionaire or billionaire," Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Ind., said. "This is the problem with issuing purity tests you yourself cannot pass."

Democrats, Buttigieg argued, are "in the fight" of their "lives," and need all the support they can get -- whether from the wealthy or otherwise. He added that he'd gladly accept a donation from Warren if she were to offer one.

"We shouldn't try to [defeat Trump] with one hand tied behind our back," Buttigieg said.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., then dismissively referred to Butitigeg as an "energetic guy," sarcastically saying he could "take on" former Vice President Joe Biden's corporate connections as the two secretly courted big-money donors, drawing jeers. Sanders noted that Biden has 44 billionaire contributors, while Buttigieg was "trailing" with only 39.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota then interjected: "I did not come here to listen to this argument. ... I have never even been to a wine cave."

She went on to say she wanted the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision overturned by constitutional amendment. The 2010 decision declared unconstitutional the federal regulation of campaign expenditures by corporations and unions in connection with campaigns.

It was just one of several Klobuchar moments during the debate that resonated in the debate hall at Loyola Marymount University -- even as conservative commentators winced.

"The 'moderate' Klobuchar just advocated for a constitutional amendment that would give government control over free political speech," the Wall Street Journal's Kimberly Strassel wrote on Twitter. "This is 'moderation' in today's Democratic Party."

Separately, Klobuchar unloaded on Buttigieg, after he remarked: "If you want to talk about the capacity to win, try putting together a coalition to bring you back to office with 80 percent of the vote as a gay dude in Mike Pence's Indiana."

Klobuchar shot back: “If you had won in Indiana, that would be one thing. You tried and you lost by 20 points.” That was an unsparing reference to Buttigieg's failed bid to become Indiana state treasurer.

She also remarked, "When we were in the last debate, mayor, you basically mocked the 100 years of experience on the stage. ... You should respect our experience."

The spat over fundraising erupted shortly after Yang threw cold water on the media's "obsession" with impeachment, saying Americans become frustrated "the more we act like Donald Trump is the cause of all our problems."

Iowa caucuses near

It was a heated beginning to a wide-ranging debate with less than seven weeks to go until Iowa’s caucuses kick off, and just a day after House Democrats voted to impeach Trump. The winnowed field of seven Democratic presidential contenders was on the debate stage for a sixth and final time in 2019.

"If you turned on cable network news today, you would think [Trump's] our president because of some combination of Russia, racism, Facebook, Hillary Clinton and emails all mixed together," Yang said. "But Americans around the country know different. We blasted away 4 million manufacturing jobs that were primarily based in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Missouri."

He added, to applause: "What we have to do, is we have to stop being obsessed over impeachment ... and start actually digging in and solving the problems that got Donald Trump elected in the first place."

(At the end of the debate, Yang sounded a note of self-deprecation: "I know what you're thinking, America. How am I still on the stage with them?")

But, other Democrats largely echoed their previous attacks on the president's dealings with Ukraine, and his assertions of executive privilege to block administration officials from testifying.

“The president is not king in America,” said Klobuchar, who is preparing to serve as a juror as Trump's impeachment shifts from the House to a Senate trial. Alluding to President Richard Nixon, she added, "If the president claims that he is so innocent, then why doesn't he have all the president's men testify?"

Klobuchar went on to call Trump's actions a "global Watergate." Democrats' inference that Trump is guilty because he does not voluntarily permit his deputies to testify has rankled Republicans, who assert the importance of the presumption of innocence.

Biden then knocked Trump's argument that less than half of Americans support his removal from office.

“He's dumbing down the presidency beyond what I even thought he would do,” Biden said. “We need to restore the integrity of the presidency.”

Later, Democrats largely defended Trump's breakthrough U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, which the House passed hours earlier.

However, candidates railed against Trump's economy, despite multiple indicators that the economy is doing well. The U.S. unemployment rate stands at a half-century low of 3.5 percent, backed by consistently strong job gains in recent months that have largely squelched fears of a recession that had taken hold over the summer.

“This economy is not working for most of us," Buttigieg said.

"The middle class is getting killed,” Biden added. He said the economy was not "on kilter."

In response to a question as to whether he would commit to running for a second term if elected, amid a Politico report that he has privately said he would retire after four years in the White House, the 77-year-old Biden announced that he would not -- saying his focus is on winning a first term.

When a moderator told the 70-year-old Warren she would be the oldest president ever elected upon her inauguration, she retorted that she would also be the youngest woman ever elected to the presidency, drawing applause.

Thursday night's televised contest, sponsored by PBS NewsHour and Politico, brought seven rivals to heavily Democratic California, the biggest prize in the primary season and home to 1 in 8 Americans.

Declining viewership

The debate could turn out to be the least-watched so far, as the holidays approach and impeachment drama dominates the news. Viewership has declined in each round though five debates, and even campaigns have grumbled that the candidates would rather be on the ground in early voting states than again taking the debate stage.

Republicans have slammed House Democrats' plan to delay a Senate trial. Hours before the debate, Noah Feldman, the Harvard Law School professor who testified for Democrats at the impeachment inquiry earlier this month, wrote an explosive op-ed asserting that if Democrats do not forward the impeachment articles to the Senate as dictated by the Constitution, then Trump was never even impeached at all. The Constitution dictates that after impeachment by a majority in the House, a two-thirds vote is needed in the Senate to remove a president from office.

Asked why polls show that many Americans oppose impeaching and removing Trump, Biden called impeachment a "constitutional necessity," regardless of what the numbers show.

Warren, for her part, accused Trump of corruption, without addressing the popularity of impeachment.

Klobuchar also suggested that the U.S. would "probably" need to relocate Americans away from places impacted by climate change, including possibly Miami.

Yang, meanwhile, advanced the idea of using thorium to help address the nation's energy needs.

No clear front-runner

The lack of a clear front-runner in the Democratic field came as Democrats complained that there would be a notable lack of diversity onstage Thursday as compared to earlier debates. For the first time this cycle, the debate didn't feature a black or Latino candidate.

The race in California has largely mirrored national trends, with Biden, Sanders and Warren clustered at the top of the field, followed by Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Yang and billionaire philanthropist Tom Steyer.

Conspicuously missing from Thursday's lineup was former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a billionaire who is unable to qualify for the contests because he is not accepting campaign donations. But even if he's not on the podium, Bloomberg has been felt in the state: He's running a deluge of TV advertising in California to introduce himself to voters who probably know little, if anything, about him.

Bloomberg's late entry into the contest last month highlighted the overriding issue in the contest -- electability, a sign of the unease within the Democratic Party about its crop of candidates and whether any is strong enough to unseat an incumbent president. The eventual nominee will be tasked with splicing together the party's disparate factions — a job Hillary Clinton struggled with after defeating Sanders in a long and bitter primary fight in 2016.

Biden adviser Symone Sanders said to expect another robust exchange on health care.

“This is an issue that is not going away and for good reason, because it is an issue that in 2018 Democrats ran on and won," she said.

Jess O'Connell with Buttigieg's campaign said the candidate will “be fully prepared to have an open and honest conversation about where there are contrasts between us and the other candidates. This is a really important time to start to do that. Voters need time to understand the distinctions between these candidates.” The key issues: health care and higher education.

The unsettled race has seen surges at various points by Biden, Warren, Sanders and Buttigieg, though it's become defined by that cluster of shifting leaders, with others struggling for momentum. Sen. Kamala Harris of California, once seen as among the top tier of candidates, shelved her campaign this month, citing a lack of money. And Warren has become more aggressive, especially toward Buttigieg, as she tries to recover from shifting explanations of how she’d pay for “Medicare for All” without raising taxes.

In a replay of 2016, the shifting race for the Democratic nomination has showcased the rift between the party's liberal wing, represented by Sanders and Warren, and candidates parked in or near the political center, including Biden, Buttigieg and Bloomberg.

Two candidates who didn’t make the stage will still make their presence felt for debate watchers with ads reminding viewers they’re still in the race.

Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey and former Housing Secretary Julián Castro aired television ads targeted to primary voters during the debate. Booker’s was his first television ad, and in it he said even though he wasn't on the debate stage, “I’m going to win this election anyway.” It aired as part of a $500,000 campaign, running in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina, as well as New York, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles.

A pro-Booker super PAC is also going up with an ad in Iowa highlighting positive reviews of Booker’s past debate performances.

Meanwhile, Castro is running an ad, in Iowa, in which he argues the state should no longer go first in Democrats’ nominating process because it doesn’t reflect the diversity of the Democratic Party.

Both candidates failed to hit the polling threshold to qualify for the debates and have in recent weeks become outspoken critics of what they say is a debate qualification process that favors white candidates over minorities.

Fox News' Paul Steinhauser and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

SJW Warren pledges to read names of murdered transgender women of color annually from Rose Garden

by Madison Dibble - The Washington Examiner

Sen. Elizabeth Warren vowed to honor the transgender people murdered each year from the White House's Rose Garden if she becomes president.

During the PBS/Politico Democratic presidential primary debate on Thursday night, Warren was asked what she would do to combat the high murder rate within the transgender population, especially among nonwhite transgender women.

The Massachusetts senator acknowledged that transgender people have been “marginalized in every way possible.” She promised to “lift up” the transgender people killed each year with a public recognition from the White House.

“Here is a promise I make: I will go to the Rose Garden once every year to read the names of transgender women, of people of color, who have been killed in the past year,” Warren said. “I will make sure we read their names so that as a nation, we are forced to address the particular vulnerability on homelessness. I will change the rules now that put people in prison based on their birth sex identification rather than their current identification.”

She added, “I will do everything I can to make sure we are an America that leaves no one behind.”

Warren, 70, has been a top-tier candidate throughout the election. The RealClearPolitics polling average shows her with 15.2% support nationwide.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    By John Binder - Breitbart

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s national immigration plan includes an effort to provide amnesty to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States, freeing border crossers into the country, and restarting welfare-dependent legal immigration that would cost American taxpayers billions.

In a plan released on Wednesday, Biden vows to provide amnesty to every illegal alien currently living in the U.S., as well as end nearly all of President Trump’s cost-saving reforms such as restarting a welfare-dependent immigration pipeline, where legal immigrants are permanently resettled in the country despite immediately needing public assistance.

“Biden will immediately begin working with Congress to modernize our system, with a priority on keeping families together by providing a roadmap to citizenship for nearly 11 million undocumented immigrants,” the outline states.

Aside from mass amnesty, the plan commits to:

• Releasing all border crossers into the U.S. interior
    • Restarting welfare-dependent legal immigration to the U.S.
    • Ending the National Emergency Declaration at the southern border
    • Ending a travel ban from foreign counties that sponsor terrorism
    • Providing amnesty to 3.5 million DACA-enrolled and DACA-eligible illegal aliens
    • Providing federal student loans and free community college to DACA illegal aliens
    • Cracking down on Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents

Biden’s plan would drive up huge costs for American taxpayers. For example, Biden’s DACA amnesty plan would cost U.S. citizens at least $26 billion as about one in five DACA illegal aliens would end up on food stamps, and at least one in seven would go on Medicaid, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

This cost would be in addition to the billions that citizens would again be forced to pay by his restarting of the welfare-dependent legal immigration. This year, Trump announced that his administration would effectively end the resettlement of millions of legal immigrants who are known to be a public charge on taxpayers.

Biden, though, said he will reverse enforcement of the “Public Charge Rule,” writing:

Allowing immigration officials to make an individual’s ability to receive a visa or gain permanent residency contingent on their use of government services such as SNAP benefits or Medicaid, their household income, and other discriminatory criteria undermines America’s character as land of opportunity that is open and welcoming to all, not just the wealthy. [Emphasis added]

The open borders lobby has taken issue with Biden’s immigration agenda because it does not go far enough in ending all interior immigration and border enforcement. Pro-mass immigration activists have demanded, for example, that all 2020 Democrats endorse their plan to end all deportations of illegal aliens, even those convicted of murder, child sex crimes, and rape.

Thus far, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) has vowed to end all deportations, while Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has said she is open to ending deportations.

Oppositely, Trump has raised America’s working and middle-class wages by tightening the labor market through increased immigration enforcement. Similarly, Trump’s economic nationalist agenda has sought to decrease overall immigration to the U.S. so foreign labor market competition is reduced for American workers, not increased.
    They are starting to admit what I have been saying all along - they believe in open borders and therefore, they do not believe in American sovereignty. I wish someone would actually ask that question.

If we have no enforced border, we have no territorial integrity, we have no sovereignty.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (12-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They are starting to admit what I have been saying all along - they believe in open borders and therefore, they do not believe in American sovereignty. I wish someone would actually ask that question.

If we have no enforced border, we have no territorial integrity, we have no sovereignty.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks

Do they seriously believe such shit, or do they somehow think it'll win them votes, how the fuck are they going to win US presidential election with completely left wing views, the whole world as one, run by some megacorp in which consumerism wins and no one fucking works, utter insanity.

Skynet couldn't write a better base code for human destruction than this shit.

I'm no fan of Trump, I think the man is poorly enlightening, badly educated, a bigot and a bully, but he's a damn better leader than this shit we are hearing, and I'm not even American.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hikari Kisugi For This Useful Post:

Pony (12-20-2019), RBP (12-20-2019)