Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    There is no way she can win with all this crazy talk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-11-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Censored Tulsi Warns She’ll Boycott Debate Over DNC Attempt To ‘Rig’ Primary AGAIN

By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

On Thursday morning, Democratic presidential hopeful Tulsi Gabbard posted a video to social media calling foul on the corporate media and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) attempting to “rig” the 2020 primary, as she says they did against Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) during the 2016 Democratic presidential primary election.

“I am seriously considering boycotting October 15 debate to bring attention to DNC/corporate media’s effort to rig 2020 primary,” Gabbard captioned her video post to Twitter.

On her campaign website, Gabbard similarly warns: “The DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process.”

“I want to thank you all very much for your support. I need to share something with you. It is very important,” the Democrat started in the video post. “There are so many of you who I’ve met in Iowa and New Hampshire who have expressed to me how frustrated you are that the DNC and corporate media are essentially trying to usurp your role as voters in choosing who our Democratic nominee will be.”

“I share your concerns, and I’m sure that all our supporters throughout the country do as well,” she said.

The Democrat then charged that the “2016 Democratic Primary election was rigged by the DNC and their partners in the corporate media against Bernie Sanders.”

Folks on the Left have engaged in some serious infighting over the last presidential primary. As noted by The Daily Wire, “Everything from the primary and debate schedule to the excessive power of super-delegates helped Clinton secure the nomination, even though Sanders was drawing far larger crowds and had massive support from all wings of the party.”

Donna Brazile, former CNN contributor and DNC interim chairwoman, infamously delivered “the network’s prepared questions to Clinton’s campaign just before a crucial debate.”

“If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead,” Brazile admitted in the days following the 2016 presidential election.

“This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity,” she said, noting that “it sure looked unethical.”

According to Gabbard, the DNC and their media allies are “rigging the election again.”

“In this 2020 election, the DNC and corporate media are rigging the election again, but this time against the American people in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada,” she said.

“They are attempting to replace the roles of voters in the early states, using polling and other arbitrary methods which are not transparent or democratic, and holding so-called debates which are not debates at all but rather commercialized reality television meant to entertain, rather than to inform or enlighten,” Gabbard noted.

“In short, the DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process,” she closed the video. “So, in order to bring attention to this serious threat to our democracy, and to ensure that your voice is heard, I’m seriously considering to boycotting the next debate on October 15th. I’m gonna announce my decision within the next few days.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Stupid Warren Calls for Imprisoning Trans Inmates with Biologically Female Inmates in New LGBTQ Rights Plan

Zachary Evans - National Review

Senator Elizabeth Warren called for placing transgender prisoners in detention facilities designed for the opposite biological sex in a new LGBTQ rights plan released Thursday.

“I will direct the Bureau of Prisons to end the Trump Administration’s dangerous policy of imprisoning transgender people in facilities based on their sex assigned at birth,” Warren wrote in the plan.

Under the plan, transgender inmates would be placed in detention facilities that correspond to their gender identity rather than their biological sex, and would be entitled to tax-payer funded gender transition surgeries.

Both Warren and fellow candidate Joe Biden have expressed support for tax-payer funded transition surgeries before. At a September 20 Iowa LGBTQ conference, Biden said that the surgery should be covered by Obamacare.

In January of this year, Warren changed her stance on government-funded transition surgeries after it emerged that she had dismissed the notion that taxpayers should fund the cosmetic procedure in a 2012 interview.

“I have to say, I don’t think it’s a good use of taxpayer dollars,” she said at the time.

Bill de Blasio also declared his support for tax-payer funded gender transition surgery in July during his own presidential bid. De Blasio has since dropped out of the Democratic primary field following lackluster poll results.

Warren has consistently run to the left of the Democratic field on social issues since beginning her candidacy. On Wednesday she released a plan designed to combat climate change and “climate injustice,” pledging to invest $1.5 trillion over a decade to stop global warming and to help minority communities allegedly disproportionately affected by the warming.

“Our crisis of environmental injustice is the result of decades of discrimination and environmental racism compounding in communities that have been overlooked for too long,” the plan states.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

Senator Elizabeth Warren called for placing transgender prisoners in detention facilities designed for the opposite biological sex in a new LGBTQ rights plan released Thursday.

“I will direct the Bureau of Prisons to end the Trump Administration’s dangerous policy of imprisoning transgender people in facilities based on their sex assigned at birth,” Warren wrote in the plan.

Under the plan, transgender inmates would be placed in detention facilities that correspond to their gender identity rather than their biological sex, and would be entitled to tax-payer funded gender transition surgeries.

Both Warren and fellow candidate Joe Biden have expressed support for tax-payer funded transition surgeries before. At a September 20 Iowa LGBTQ conference, Biden said that the surgery should be covered by Obamacare.

In January of this year, Warren changed her stance on government-funded transition surgeries after it emerged that she had dismissed the notion that taxpayers should fund the cosmetic procedure in a 2012 interview.

“I have to say, I don’t think it’s a good use of taxpayer dollars,” she said at the time.

Bill de Blasio also declared his support for tax-payer funded gender transition surgery in July during his own presidential bid. De Blasio has since dropped out of the Democratic primary field following lackluster poll results.

Warren has consistently run to the left of the Democratic field on social issues since beginning her candidacy. On Wednesday she released a plan designed to combat climate change and “climate injustice,” pledging to invest $1.5 trillion over a decade to stop global warming and to help minority communities allegedly disproportionately affected by the warming.

“Our crisis of environmental injustice is the result of decades of discrimination and environmental racism compounding in communities that have been overlooked for too long,” the plan states.
    Have you ever seen 'Orange is the new black'..?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Here's last night's big winner, surprising loser and the other 10 in between

By Douglas E. Schoen | Fox News

Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts was the big winner Tuesday night in Westerville, Ohio in the most crowded presidential debate ever held. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., also delivered strong performances.

Former Vice President Joe Biden and the other eight candidates on stage came out the losers in the three-hour Democratic presidential primary debate.

BIGGEST WINNER: Elizabeth Warren

Warren’s strong performance will likely solidify her frontrunner status ahead of Biden and Sanders. She emerged the clear winner of the night by showing she was sharp and prepared as she fended off attacks from candidates who were looking to cut into her polling lead.

Even during the heated exchanges over health care and a wealth tax, Warren was able to turn attacks leveled against her around, and still deliver the best answers of the evening.

Warren questioned why the other candidates “think it is more important to protect billionaires than to invest in Americans” when responding to an attack on her plan for a wealth tax.

And importantly, Warren remained the focal point of the debate, speaking for the most amount of time of all of the candidates.

The senator from Massachusetts now has unmatched fundraising and polling momentum, along with a series of strong debate performances. This, coupled with the fact that Biden and Sanders have been weakened in dissimilar but debilitating ways recently, almost guarantees that Warren will take over as the front-runner.

SURPRISE WINNER: Bernie Sanders

Sanders has faced a precipitous decline in the most recent polls given the significant questions about his health and stamina following his recent heart attack.

However, Sanders delivered a strong, forceful performance in the debate, succeeding in showing voters that he has not lost a step, making him the second-place finisher of the night.

But it is clear that Warren has supplanted Sanders as the leader of the progressive movement in the Democratic field. As a result, it will be difficult – if not impossible – for Sanders to reestablish himself ahead of Warren.

SURPRISE WINNER: Pete Buttigieg

Buttigieg has been called the breakout star of the Democratic field – though he has recently struggled to distinguish himself. He had several strong moments in the Tuesday night debate. He was able to make a compelling case as a young, center-left candidate from a swing state with a military background.

Buttigieg was particularly strong during a tense exchange with Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii over President Trump’s decision to withdraw troops from northern Syria, delivering a response that elicited cheers from the audience.

“Respectfully congresswoman, I think that is dead wrong,” the mayor said. “The slaughter going on in Syria is not a consequence of American presence, it's a consequence of a withdrawal and betrayal by this president of American allies and American values.”

Ultimately, Buttigieg’s performance will likely result in a post-debate polling bump with moderate voters, especially given Biden’s relatively weak debate performance.

LOSERS

BIGGEST LOSER: Joe Biden

All eyes, particularly those of Democratic leaders, strategists, and donors were on Biden, who needed deliver a strong performance to reassure voters that he is ready for a general election fight against Trump.

However, Biden was unable to break through and deliver the forceful showing that he needed, dodging a question regarding his son’s work with Ukraine and delivering several other uneven answers throughout the night.

With each passing day, Biden seems to move further from securing the Democratic presidential nomination, and his unimpressive performance Tuesday night will likely result in a post-debate polling decline.

LOSER: Amy Klobuchar

Additionally, although Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota had a number of well-executed lines taking aim at Warren, many felt similar to the inconsequential attacks leveled against Warren by former Rep. John Delaney of Maryland during the first debate. Thus, Klobuchar’s performance is unlikely to result in the post-debate polling spike her campaign needed.

LOSER: Kamala Harris

Sen. Kamala Harris of California similarly fell short, as she failed to distinguish herself in any meaningful way at a time when her campaign desperately needs a boost. Given that recent polls have her hoovering at around 5 percent, she will likely not be able to regain the momentum she had just over two months ago.

LOSERS: Gabbard, Castro, Steyer, Booker, O’Rourke and Yang

The remaining candidates – all barely registering in polls – were the biggest losers of the night. Rep. Gabbard, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro, philanthropist Tom Steyer, Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas and entrepreneur Andrew Yang failed to have the breakout moment they all desperately needed to show voters they could defeat Trump in November 2020.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Democratic debate: Tulsi Gabbard rips hosts CNN, New York Times

By Nikki Schwab and Tamar Lapin - The New York Post

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard went after the hosts of Tuesday’s Democratic primary debate — CNN and The New York Times — calling their coverage of her “completely despicable.”

Speaking from the debate stage in Ohio, the 38-year-old Iraq War veteran accused the news media and politicians of pushing the conflict in Syria, which she called a “regime change war.”

“Not only that, New York Times and CNN have also smeared veterans like myself for calling for an end to this regime change war,” Gabbard said.

“Just two days ago The New York Times put out an article saying that I’m a Russian asset and an [Syrian President Bashar] al-Assad apologist and all these different smears. This morning a CNN commentator said on national television that I’m an asset of Russia.”

The congresswoman appeared to be referring to an Oct. 12 Times article entitled “What, Exactly, is Tulsi Gabbard Up To?”

Hours before the debate, CNN analyst Bakari Sellers called her a “puppet for the Russian government.”

Gabbard — who has been criticized for meeting with Assad during a 2017 trip to war-torn Syria — called on Sen. Elizabeth Warren to join her in demanding an end to the conflict in the country.

Later, Gabbard and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg sparred over President Trump’s decision to pull back US troops stationed along the northeast Syria border — which was seen as green-lighting Turkey to invade and slaughter Kurdish fighters and civilians there.

“Donald Trump has the blood of the Kurds on his hand, but so do many of the politicians in our country from both parties who have supported this ongoing regime change war in Syria that started in 2011, along with many in the mainstream media, who have been championing and cheerleading this regime change war,” Gabbard said.

“We need to get out, but we need to do this through a negotiated solution,” she added.

In response, Buttigieg, 37, an Afghanistan War veteran, said he thought Gabbard was “dead wrong.”

“The slaughter going on in Syria is not a consequence of American presence, it is a consequence of a withdrawal and a betrayal by this president of American allies and American values,” he said.

“A small number of specialized, special operations forces and intelligence capabilities were the only thing that stood between that part of Syria and what we’re seeing now, which is the beginning of a genocide and the resurgence of ISIS,” he added.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

On Thursday morning, Democratic presidential hopeful Tulsi Gabbard posted a video to social media calling foul on the corporate media and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) attempting to “rig” the 2020 primary, as she says they did against Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) during the 2016 Democratic presidential primary election.
    C'mom sweety, the DNC would never do that...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks

In CA they are already kept separate from Gen Pop. But if you have a dick, you go to dick prison.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Fake News Tulsi Gabbard Lays Into NYT, CNN, For Calling Her And Other Veterans ‘Traitors’

Virginia Kruta, Associate Editor - The Daily Caller

Democratic Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard laid into CNN and the New York Times, saying Wednesday that when outlets accused her of treason they were making the same accusations against other veterans.

Gabbard joined Fox News host Tucker Carlson to discuss media attacks against her, particularly with regard to her support for the withdrawal of troops in Syria.

Carlson asked Gabbard to respond to an undercover video, released by Project Veritas, that showed a CNN employee claiming that the network did not like her.

“Here is a CNN employee saying that for taking an unconventional foreign policy position, you are the one Democratic candidate that CNN doesn’t like. Does that surprise you?” Carlson asked.

“It doesn’t. You know, I think it’s kind of absurd actually that as we saw in the days leading up to the debate last night, both the New York Times and CNN both ran hit pieces. Today, the day after the debate, we see more of these hit pieces coming out,” Gabbard replied. “For them to sit there and try to portray themselves as neutral arbiters, as objective and independent entities working with the DNC to carry out a legitimate debate is frankly just a joke.”

Gabbard explained that she had been calling for nonprofit organizations to step up and host the debates, arguing that they might be more interested in serving the people than a profit margin.

Carlson went on to clarify what he meant when he said that Gabbard had been under attack by certain media outlets. “So just for our viewers who maybe haven’t followed this, when we say you’ve been attacked by the New York Times and CNN, it’s not attacks like they are saying your health care plan is too expensive,” he said. “They are saying that you are working for a foreign power against America’s interests, that you are a traitor to the country. The New York Times piece essentially said that. What is this about?”

Gabbard said that the attacks stemmed from her position on military intervention. “This is exactly what happens to those like myself who are trying to end this regime change war in Syria, who are calling for an end to our country’s policy of being the world police, bring about an end to these regime change wars,” she said.

But then Gabbard took it a step farther, saying that when outlets called her a traitor they were really saying the same things about other veterans who felt the same way that she did. “This is something that’s not just happening to me. You know, when they are issuing these smear attacks, really what they are doing is smearing anyone who is calling for an end to these regime change wars, including veterans who I meet almost every day all across this country who are not pacifists. They understand and know firsthand the cost of war and who are strongly, strongly calling for our country to put an end to these counterproductive regime change wars.”

“So when they are issuing these smears and calling me a traitor to my country, they are essentially issuing these smears and attacks to every veteran who has been willing to lay their lives down in service to our country,” Gabbard concluded.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Repeat Ben Shapiro: Now's the time for Hillary Clinton to jump in and steal the nomination

By Nick Givas | Fox News

Now is the time for Hillary Clinton to jump into the 2020 race for the White House and take advantage of the weak and fractured field, said Ben Shapiro on Thursday.

Shapiro claimed cracks are beginning to show with the current front-runners for the Democratic nomination and said voters aren't responding to their initial policy proposals.

"It appears there is some roiling tension inside that Democratic field. People are not satisfied with the field they have," he said on "The Ben Shapiro Show."

"Honestly, if Hillary Clinton were to make her grand reentrance, now would be about the time she should do it. Because the fact is, a lot of people are dissatisfied with [Joe] Biden. A lot of people are dissatisfied with [Elizabeth] Warren and Hillary is an enormous name."

Shapiro predicted that if Clinton got into the race she would easily clinch the nomination, but said she is unlikely to do so, paving the way for a Trump victory next November.

"If she were to jump in right now, I think there's a pretty good shot she wins the nomination," he said. "Now, is she actually going to do that? Probably not. And that means the Democratic field is pretty, extraordinarily weak."

The Daily Wire editor-in-chief also targeted Warren directly and mocked her front-runner status, by calling her a dishonest liar.

"The budding impression of Elizabeth Warren is that she's dishonest," he said. "She lies about everything... she lies about her 'Medicare-for-all' plan... and she has now gone back and deleted her tweet about Native American DNA... she's a damn liar."

Last Wednesday Clinton mentioned a hypothetical 2020 run during a PBS News Hour interview and said she could defeat Trump "again" if she decided to jump back in.

"So maybe there does need to be a rematch," Clinton said. "Obviously, I can beat him again. But, just seriously, I don't understand, I don't think anybody understands what motivates him, other than personal grievance, other than seeking adulation."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Trump Derangement Syn Beto O'Rourke to MSNBC: Trump's rhetoric 'perhaps inspired by Goebbels'

By Nick Givas | Fox News

President Trump's dishonest political rhetoric may have been inspired by Adolf Hitler's notorious propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels, 2020 presidential hopeful Beto O'Rourke said in a bold claim during a Sunday TV interview.

O'Rourke made the remarks on MSNBC's "PoliticsNation."

"President Trump, perhaps inspired by Goebbels and the propagandists of the Third Reich, seems to employ this tactic that the bigger the lie, the more obscene the injustice, the more dizzying the pace of this bizarre behavior, the less likely we are to be able to do something about it," he said.

"I'm so grateful that not only is the House moving forward with impeachment, but... It's a good sign that he was caught, that he was stopped -- that he can no longer normalize the behavior that we've seen so far."

"Did I hear you correctly say that perhaps [Trump] was influenced by Goebbels and the Third Reich in terms of telling a big lie? I just want to make sure that's what I heard you say," Sharpton asked.

"That's right," O'Rourke replied. "There is so much that is resonant of the Third Reich in this administration, whether it is attempting to ban all people of one religion and saying that Muslims are somehow inherently dangerous or defective or disqualified -- outside of Nazi Germany, it's hard for me to find another modern democracy that had the audacity to say something like this.

"And then, this idea from Goebbels and Hitler that the bigger the lie and the more often you repeat it, the more likely people are to believe it. That is Donald Trump to a T," he added.

O'Rourke continued to bash Trump, saying the president has been sending out dog whistles of racism and hate.

"The signal that he is sending is being picked up by Americans who are willing to work on that hatred and racism," he said.

"We saw it brought home to us in El Paso... when someone repeating the president's own words in his manifesto, opened fire on people in El Paso, Texas, killing 22 of them in a Walmart... So this is the cost and consequence of Donald Trump."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-21-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Trump Destroys Fundraising Records, Rakes In $300 Million For Re-Election Campaign

By Emily Zanotti - The Daily Wire

President Donald Trump is presiding over a “money machine” and now has the most well-funded re-election campaign in history, according to fundraising numbers released last week.

Politico reports that Trump and the Republican National Coalition have raised more than $300 million, and the President alone has $158 million cash on hand to kick off his re-election bid, more than any other sitting president at this point in his campaign.

The numbers have Democrats worried, and at least one strategist told the Washington, D.C., based news outlet that, “[t]he resources he has will be put to work anywhere and everywhere that he feels like he can scare up electoral votes, and Democrats will never catch up. It’s just too much money.”

The Democratic presidential contenders, collectively, have outraised Trump, but as Democratic strategists point out, that money is going to cross-purposes. Each individual candidate is using their war chest to attack others, and there’s no guarantee that any candidate alone will be able to spark the same excitement alone as the field has, collectively.

The three candidates at the top have had difficulty raising from across the Democratic spectrum, for example. Former Vice President Joe Biden is reportedly “burning through funds” at too fast a rate to sustain his campaign into the general election, according to the Washington Examiner, spending 12% more than its taking in and 30% more than the campaign of Biden’s closest rival, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA).

But Warren has problems of her own. She’s cutting off high-dollar donors and refusing to appear at big money fundraisers, according to Variety Magazine — an approach that may win her fans among blue collar Democrats, but won’t help her fully fund a general election campaign.

“You can’t unilaterally disarm, especially considering the war chest that Donald Trump is going to have. You can’t go in as Grenada against the United States,” one Democratic strategist told the entertainment newsmagazine. “Elizabeth Warren has to figure out what is the best way to defeat Donald Trump, if she’s the nominee. If the best way is to get on the phone with somebody because you need that commercial time in Ohio, then that’s what you do.”

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is a proven fundraiser, but his appeal to mainstream Democrats is limited. And to make matters worse, one of the Democrats’ biggest donors, environmentalist and venture capitalist Tom Steyer, is running as a candidate for President and spending his cash on his own campaign (though he has pledged to give around $50 million to a Democratic war chest eventually).

Any Democrat that wants to compete with Trump will also have to raise the same amount of money — or more — in a much shorter period of time. If the nomination process goes down to the wire, the chosen Democratic nominee may have no more than a few months to knock out the sitting President, who is already running re-election ads in key states, a year ahead of the vote.

Trump is also, Politico reports, ahead of the game on donor identification. Since the re-election campaign began amassing in early 2019, it’s been running “an expensive, far-reaching effort to find new small-dollar donors,” and its working. In just the last fundraising quarter, Trump 2020 has identified more than 300,000 new donors for the cost of just $4.2 million.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks