Page 148 of 163 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2443

Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,563 Times in 5,213 Posts
    Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg calls out Donald Trump as Facebook bans him for the duration of presidency

Facebook and Instagram will bar US President Donald Trump from posting on its system at least until the inauguration of president-elect Joe Biden.

Key points:
    Mr Trump has repeatedly used social media to spread falsehoods
    Facebook have occasionally labelled or even removed some of his posts
    Twitter also locked Mr Trump's accounts for 12 hours
    In a post announcing the unprecedented move, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said the risk of allowing Mr Trump to use the platform was too great following the President's incitement of a mob that touched off a deadly riot in the US Capitol on Wednesday.

Mr Zuckerberg says Mr Trump's account will be locked "for at least the next two weeks" but could remain locked indefinitely.

"The shocking events of the last 24 hours clearly demonstrate that President Donald Trump intends to use his remaining time in office to undermine the peaceful and lawful transition of power to his elected successor, Joe Biden," Mr Zuckerberg wrote.

Mr Trump has repeatedly harnessed the power of social media to spread falsehoods about election integrity and the results of the presidential race.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

The Monk (01-08-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    At the time I made that post I was pretty sure he had intended for noise but not riots and was taken by surprise.

But now I read that law enforcement was well aware and that this whole storming had been planned throughout the internet. So he should have been aware of this as POTUS. It was others that had made some effort at least to have the national guard.

Wilful neglect at the best.. Trump should be removed for lack of capacity immediately.

He has a record of ignore his security advisors......

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    THE TRUMP LEGACY

Last edited by The Monk; 01-08-2021 at 04:51 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-09-2021)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    Your "MSM" are not lying when actual video footage is the opposite of what you think is happening. Leaders all over the world are condemning Trump - he has in his last days of office, totally and permanently fucked his legacy beyond repair.

IT IS OVER NOW - TRUMP HAS CONCEDED!
    You're a hoot - whether we're talking about Trump's non endorsement of rioting at the capital, or Trump's non concession speech - it is plainly evident that there are severe reading and language comprehension issues at hand, the media decides how it wants to interpret, and then those who dont give 12 CPU cycles of thought from their brain about what's going on simply accept whatever their conclusions are.

I would advise you to parse words more carefully and remember that words mean things.

Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    At the time I made that post I was pretty sure he had intended for noise but not riots and was taken by surprise.

But now I read that law enforcement was well aware and that this whole storming had been planned throughout the internet. So he should have been aware of this as POTUS. It was others that had made some effort at least to have the national guard.

Wilful neglect at the best.. Trump should be removed for lack of capacity immediately.
    Trump addressed his supporters when he said "let's take a walk down to the capitol after this" - of course he knew Antifa was in there. He didnt say lets go take over the capitol, let's go interrupt the debates. You want to know what would have happened if there were only Trump supporters there? Most likely, the cops wouldnt have just opened most of the places up, but if they did, what would have happened was that second floor gallery would have been 100% full and they would have shouted down any of the fuckers trying to talk about how there was no election fraud. And that's it.

Willful neglect is just more grasping at straws extrapolating from a poisoned well of information. Who controls the DC police? The Mayor. Who controls the Capitol Police? Not Trump. 0 win tokens for you once again.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Here's my on the riots at the US Capitol the other day.

It was wrong. I don't blame President Trump for what happened, but he didn't try and discourage it. He ramped up the rhetoric to a boiling point. Again, not his fault, but he certainly didn't do anything to discourage it. Personally, I DO believe there are problems with voting in this country, especially in certain states. Too much hinkey stuff going on with secret vote counting, votes being "found" days after the election, other votes that were "forgotten" to be counted. More votes being tabulated than there are registered voters in certain precincts. Outdated voter rolls. No ID required to vote. Ballot harvesting. Widespread mail-in voting. I could go on and on with the improprieties that came up in the last election. But the bottom line is that nothing can be proven at this point. We were promised a Kraken and we got....bupkis. People were being led on to believe there was some magic bullet that was going to overturn the election and award President Trump a second term. But neither the President's legal team nor the crazy Kraken lady presented any court with any evidence that could overturn millions of votes. Was I hoping that there was going to be something? Of course, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't. But as the court cases fizzled out and the Kraken never emerged, it was obvious that we were going to be stuck with a Biden/Harris presidency.

There is no excuse for the riots. None. Zero. To try and excuse what happened in Washington DC and condemn the BLM bullshit that went on all summer long would be disingenuous and hypocritical. You can't have it both ways. Yes, people were angry, and rightly so, but this is playing right into the hands of the left and they are loving every minute of it. And now because of the riots, every single conservative/Trump voter/Trump supporter is going to be held liable for what happened. We are going to take the blame, regardless of the fact that it was only a few thousand people, probably less that actually breached the Capitol building.

Look, I'm not happy about the direction this country is going to go in for the next 4 years, even more so now that the democrats have full control of the federal government after the loss of the two Georgia Senate seats. But all we can do is pick up the pieces and go forward. We need to concentrate on 2022 and getting the House back as the republicans made HUGE gains in seats this past election. We need to get the Senate back. We need to get involved at the state level to make sure that election laws are followed and tightened up. We need a viable candidate for 2024 for the White House because as much as I was thinking Trump could run again in 2024, I think that is over now after what happened this week. And most of all we need to look forward and not backwards because nothing we can say or do will change the fact that Biden is the President-elect and that is the anchor we will bear for 4 years. This, IMHO, is the greatest republic in the history of the world and I am proud to be an American, nothing will ever change that and I want to take my country back, as I hope all of you do because we are definitely going down the wrong path right now.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-08-2021), FBD (01-08-2021), Goofy (01-08-2021), lost in melb. (01-08-2021), Pony (01-08-2021), The Monk (01-09-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

Last edited by FBD; 01-08-2021 at 01:23 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    But all we can do is pick up the pieces and go forward.
    Yall acting like Trump's last sentence in that vid wasnt there, acting like we are not in outlier circumstances, acting like no they completed the fraud they won

They completed the fraud, that means their fates are fuggin sealed, brotha. Trust and believe, all those executive orders and emergency stuff and we're technically at war....the TV didnt say much about them so people forget they exist. Things werent going to happen unless they completed their fraud - everything is right on schedule.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Here's my on the riots at the US Capitol the other day.

It was wrong. I don't blame President Trump for what happened, but he didn't try and discourage it. He ramped up the rhetoric to a boiling point. Again, not his fault, but he certainly didn't do anything to discourage it. Personally, I DO believe there are problems with voting in this country, especially in certain states. Too much hinkey stuff going on with secret vote counting, votes being "found" days after the election, other votes that were "forgotten" to be counted. More votes being tabulated than there are registered voters in certain precincts. Outdated voter rolls. No ID required to vote. Ballot harvesting. Widespread mail-in voting. I could go on and on with the improprieties that came up in the last election. But the bottom line is that nothing can be proven at this point. We were promised a Kraken and we got....bupkis. People were being led on to believe there was some magic bullet that was going to overturn the election and award President Trump a second term. But neither the President's legal team nor the crazy Kraken lady presented any court with any evidence that could overturn millions of votes. Was I hoping that there was going to be something? Of course, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't. But as the court cases fizzled out and the Kraken never emerged, it was obvious that we were going to be stuck with a Biden/Harris presidency.

There is no excuse for the riots. None. Zero. To try and excuse what happened in Washington DC and condemn the BLM bullshit that went on all summer long would be disingenuous and hypocritical. You can't have it both ways. Yes, people were angry, and rightly so, but this is playing right into the hands of the left and they are loving every minute of it. And now because of the riots, every single conservative/Trump voter/Trump supporter is going to be held liable for what happened. We are going to take the blame, regardless of the fact that it was only a few thousand people, probably less that actually breached the Capitol building.

Look, I'm not happy about the direction this country is going to go in for the next 4 years, even more so now that the democrats have full control of the federal government after the loss of the two Georgia Senate seats. But all we can do is pick up the pieces and go forward. We need to concentrate on 2022 and getting the House back as the republicans made HUGE gains in seats this past election. We need to get the Senate back. We need to get involved at the state level to make sure that election laws are followed and tightened up. We need a viable candidate for 2024 for the White House because as much as I was thinking Trump could run again in 2024, I think that is over now after what happened this week. And most of all we need to look forward and not backwards because nothing we can say or do will change the fact that Biden is the President-elect and that is the anchor we will bear for 4 years. This, IMHO, is the greatest republic in the history of the world and I am proud to be an American, nothing will ever change that and I want to take my country back, as I hope all of you do because we are definitely going down the wrong path right now.
    I'll be honest if I'm not a bit uneasy about the Dems controlling influence next 2 years. What goes up must come down.

Agree the best thing for the Right is to focus on the next two years and above all unify, somehow. You've got to give it to them, Dems have stuck together coherently despite huge differences within their ranks.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-08-2021), KevinD (01-09-2021), Pony (01-08-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (01-08-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Pelosi: we've got to make sure we impeach trump so that he doesnt have access to nukes

Just like we were going to be in an immediate nuclear war with north korea

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rump-inspector

Intelligence analysts downplayed Chinese election influence to avoid supporting Trump policies, inspector finds

Politicization problems exist in U.S. spy agency assessments on foreign influence in the 2020 U.S. election, including analysts who appeared to hold back information on Chinese meddling efforts because they disagreed with the Trump administration's policies, according to an intelligence community inspector.

Barry Zulauf, an analytic ombudsman and longtime intelligence official, issued a 14-page report obtained by the Washington Examiner to the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, revealing his investigation was “conducted in response to IC complaints regarding the election threat issue." In addition, he lamented the “polarized atmosphere has threatened to undermine the foundations of our Republic, penetrating even into the Intelligence Community.”

The intelligence community’s classified assessment on foreign influence in the 2020 election, which will not focus on claims of mail-in fraud or unfounded allegations of voting machines flipping millions of votes, was also submitted to Congress on Thursday. Expected in December, the assessment was delayed as senior intelligence officials clashed over the role played by China, and as director of national intelligence, John Ratcliffe sought to include more viewpoints in the final analysis.

“Given analytic differences in the way Russia and China analysts examined their targets, China analysts appeared hesitant to assess Chinese actions as undue influence or interference. The analysts appeared reluctant to have their analysis on China brought forward because they tend to disagree with the administration’s policies, saying in effect, I don’t want our intelligence used to support those policies,” Zulauf concluded, saying this behavior violated analytic standards requiring independence from political considerations.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Twitter permanently bans Trump

Now FB, Reddit, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube and the site that hosts his merchandise.

Apple is considering removing Parler from their APP store. Ditto Google

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Twitter Permanently Bans Michael Flynn, Sidney Powel, Watkins and others in QAnon Purge ( this one doesn't matter cause they are clearly ANTIFA )

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

Trump claimed on Thursday that he was “outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem” of the Capitol siege that he had incited, and said those who “broke the law will pay” – comments that perhaps reflected concern over mounting legal and political hazard rather than a newfound sense of contrition and integrity.

Nevertheless they prompted an outpouring of anger, grief and denial from his hardline acolytes. “A punch in the gut,” said one. “A stab in the back,” another railed. From a third: “I feel like puking.”

Others turned to conspiracy theories, not least in the dark corners of 4chan and Parler, where the cult of QAnon Antifa holds sway. Many here saw not a Trump concession but either a “deep fake” video concocted by Trump’s enemies, or secret messages that indicated Trump was still on track to deliver on QAnon’s Antifa's deranged promises.

“FAK fake fake He’s been locked out of his Twitter he can’t get into it he couldn’t get into it he couldn’t get into today it’s been closed out for ever,” opined someone called Magafree. “He has a plan here President Trump would not back down that easily,” wrote Brenda. “We need to stand strong, keep watch and pray. Something big is coming and Gid [God] is going to see it through.”

The reactions of the more mainstream elements of the Trump-era echo chamber have been more instructive. Sites such as Breitbart and the Daily Caller appear to have swung behind an emerging Republican consensus that has become increasingly hostile to Trump, blaming him not only for the storming of the Capitol, but also for delivering the presidency, the House of Representatives, and, earlier this week, the Senate to the Democrats.