Page 19 of 163 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Kisugi View Post
    Do they seriously believe such shit, or do they somehow think it'll win them votes, how the fuck are they going to win US presidential election with completely left wing views, the whole world as one, run by some megacorp in which consumerism wins and no one fucking works, utter insanity.

Skynet couldn't write a better base code for human destruction than this shit.

I'm no fan of Trump, I think the man is poorly enlightening, badly educated, a bigot and a bully, but he's a damn better leader than this shit we are hearing, and I'm not even American.
    I have no idea. I don't get it either, it's a nonsense argument. The only thing I can guess is that the thought goes no further than "poor people need help and evil people say no because of racism".
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I have no idea. I don't get it either, it's a nonsense argument. The only thing I can guess is that the thought goes no further than "poor people need help and evil people say no because of racism".
    And immigrants, whether legal or not, usually vote democrat. It's enlarging their voter base.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Dumb Mayor Pete Wants to Decriminalize ‘Meth, Coke, Ecstasy’ And Heroin

By Joseph Curl - The Daily Wire

Pete Buttigieg is mayor of South Bend, Indiana.

The crime rate in South Bend is higher than 96% of all U.S. cities, according to city-data.com. Drugs are rampant in the city, which lies east of Chicago. The incarceration rate is also soaring in Indiana, according to prisonpolicy.org.

So, of course, it makes sense that Buttigieg, who is running for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, wants to legalize all kinds of drugs.

“Incarceration should not even be a response to drug possession,” Buttigieg told editors and reporters at the Des Moines Register.

“Is that across the board? So if it’s meth or coke or ecstasy, any drugs, if it’s possession, incarceration isn’t…” one editor asked.

“That’s right,” Buttigieg said.

“I would not have said even five years ago what I believe now, which is that incarceration should not even be a response to drug possession,” said Buttigieg, who earned degrees from both Harvard University and Oxford University. “What I’ve seen is that while there continue to be all kinds of harms associated with drug possession and use, it’s also the case that we have created — in an effort to deal with what amounts to a public health problem — we have created an even bigger problem. A justice problem and its form of a health problem.”

Buttigieg explains his stance on his campaign website, saying he would do away with prison time for any kind of drug possession. “Eliminate incarceration for drug possession, reduce sentences for other drug offenses and apply these reductions retroactively, legalize marijuana, and expunge past convictions,” his Criminal Justice Reform web page says.

The plan did not go over well with Bill Bennett, the former White House drug czar during President George H.W. Bush’s tenure.

“This is crazy. This is a bright guy. I don’t agree with him, but obviously he’s a guy of some subtlety and intellect,” Bennett told Fox News. “No subtlety here. He acknowledges the harm that these drugs do—goodness gracious, it’s incredible the harm these drugs do.”

“We have a terrible problem going on in this country,” he added. “We do not need to encourage more of it.”

Bennett also said “the legalization movement, one of the hypotheses there was that it would end the black market of drugs. With legal marijuana, the black market would disappear.”

But that hasn’t happened.

“The black market has grown because it undercuts the legal market by selling cheaper, of course it’s easier to hide the black market when you have legalization going on,” he said. “But again, why would one want to encourage more of this? Ninety-five percent of the people who would get into trouble with heroin, with cocaine, with meth, started with marijuana. The marijuana that’s out there now is four or five times stronger than the marijuana in the 60s or 70s.”

And Bennett said even marijuana — which is being legalized in many states across the U.S. — can cause major problems with users.

Cannabis “leads to mental problems, serious mental impairment, lack of focus—not good for students obviously—anxiety, and then later in life, it can lead to psychosis, and often does.”

“Sorry to be worked up on this, but this is just nuts what we’re doing here,” Bennett said.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    "Reefer Madness - The Sequel" starring Bill Bennett

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    “But again, why would one want to encourage more of this? Ninety-five percent of the people who would get into trouble with heroin, with cocaine, with meth, started with marijuana. The marijuana that’s out there now is four or five times stronger than the marijuana in the 60s or 70s.”

And Bennett said even marijuana — which is being legalized in many states across the U.S. — can cause major problems with users.

Cannabis “leads to mental problems, serious mental impairment, lack of focus—not good for students obviously—anxiety, and then later in life, it can lead to psychosis, and often does.”

Well, that explains Porky.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Julian Castro is out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-02-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Julian Castro is out.
    That's like the third stringer at junior college deciding to retire his professional career.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-03-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (01-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    According to FOX News, Marianne Williamson lays off her entire presidential campaign staff, so I'm guessing she's done, even though she's really never been a serious contender. More of just the comic relief.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-03-2020), RBP (01-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    According to FOX News, Marianne Williamson lays off her entire presidential campaign staff, so I'm guessing she's done, even though she's really never been a serious contender. More of just the comic relief.

They were messing with her vibes. She'll be perfectly fine now.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

They were messing with her vibes. She'll be perfectly fine now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

SD

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Warren is the only one with a drop, I wonder if that means she'll finally start to fade out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Warren is the only one with a drop, I wonder if that means she'll finally start to fade out.
    I am waiting for it... she's just annoying as fuck. I haven't heard many people except man-hating feminists who are excited about her. But check the graphics in the chart. They found the worst possible pictures available for everyone except Warren.

:conspiracy:

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-04-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (01-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I am waiting for it... she's just annoying as fuck. I haven't heard many people except man-hating feminists who are excited about her. But check the graphics in the chart. They found the worst possible pictures available for everyone except Warren.

:conspiracy:
    Yeah, I'm not sure why she's been at or near the front for so long. Between the lies she's been caught in and her BS healthcare plan that could never be paid for, it's just bizarre.

Hey, Uncle Joe looks kinda stern

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-03-2020)