Page 40 of 163 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

New Evidence Emerges In Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegation Against Joe Biden

By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

A local California newspaper reported on Thursday that court documents from 1996 show that Tara Reade, who had previously served as a staffer for then-Senator Joe Biden, told her ex-husband that in 1993 she was sexually harassed while working for Biden.

The Tribune reported that Reade’s then-husband Theodore Dronen made the following declaration in court while he was fighting against a restraining order that Reade filed against him after he filed for divorce:

I met Petitioner in the spring of 1993 while working in Washington, D.C. At the early stages of our dating, Petitioner felt comfortable confiding in me as we both worked for Members of Congress, and we shared many other common interests. On several occasions Petitioner related a problem that she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office. Petitioner told me that she eventually struck a deal with the chief of staff of the Senator’s office and left her position. I was sympathetic to her needs when she asked me for help, and assisted her financially, and allowed her to stay at my apartment with my roommate while she looked for work. It was obvious that this event had a very traumatic effect on Petitioner, and that she is still sensitive and effected by it today.

The Tribune noted that it is important to point out that the statement from Reade’s then-husband does not state who the person was that was allegedly harassing Reade, just that it happened “in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.”

Then-Biden chief of staff Ted Kaufman disputed Reade’s claims, telling The Tribune, “I have consistently said what is the truth here — that she never came to me. I do not remember her, and had she come to me in any of these circumstances, I would remember her. But I do not, because she did not.”

Reade’s sexual assault allegation against Biden, which she made in March of this, gained traction late last month when NewsBusters unearthed a 1993 video clip of Reade’s mother calling into CNN’s “Larry King Live” and saying that her daughter was having problems with a “prominent senator.”

Transcript:

LARRY KING: San Luis Obispo, California, hello.

CALLER: Yes, hello. I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there, after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him.

KING: In other words, she had a story to tell but, out of respect for the person she worked for, she didn’t tell it?

CALLER: That’s true.

Since then, more people have come forward and said that Reade told them about the alleged incident.

During a podcast in March, Reade said, “It happened all at once…his hands were on me and underneath my clothes. Yeah, and he went down my skirt but then up inside it, and he penetrated me with his fingers, and he was kissing me at the same time, and he was saying something to me. He said several things. I can’t remember everything he said.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Joe Biden tries to talk to pre-recorded questioner

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-22-2020)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    I doubt you'll see this on the major news networks:

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (05-27-2020), RBP (05-22-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

I hope they put up a decent fight. The current administration needs to have some accountability and competition

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Muddy (05-22-2020), RBP (05-22-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Oops Biden says 'you ain't black' if torn between him and Trump, in dustup with Charlamagne tha God

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

Joe Biden faced a swift backlash on Friday for suggesting during a contentious radio interview with host Charlamagne tha God that those having a hard time "figuring out" whether to support him or President Trump "ain't black."

The dustup occurred 17 minutes into the former vice president's interview on “The Breakfast Club” – a nationally broadcast morning talk show popular with black listeners – when a Biden aide tried to end the interview, prompting the host to charge, “You can’t do that to black media.”

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee stressed that his wife had an upcoming engagement, and suggested he would have to go whether dealing with “white media” or “black media.”

“Uh, oh ... I’m in trouble,” he joked as he referred to making his wife late. Biden and his wife Jill Biden share the same studio in the basement of their home in Wilmington, Del.

After Charlamagne tha God, who is black, then asked Biden to come back on the program again and the former vice president agreed, the host added, “It’s a long way to November. We’ve got more questions.”

That’s when Biden dove into a rapid-fire defense of his record with the black community.

“I tell you if you’ve got a problem figuring out if you’re for me or for Trump, then you ain’t black,” he said.

It's unclear whether Biden meant to refer only to the host or to the black community as a whole.

Charlamagne tha God responded that "it has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact that I want something for my community.”

Biden fired back, “Take a look at my record. I extended the Voting Rights Act for 25 years. I have a record that is second to none. The NAACP’s endorsed me every time I’ve run. Take a look at the record.”

After the friction, the interview – which was pre-taped on Thursday – ended on a mutually positive note with Biden again agreeing that he “will come back."

But the "You ain't black" moment reverberated on social media, with the host retweeting a variety of listeners complaining about it. Biden "should never say to a black man 'You aint black' under ANY circumstances," one wrote.

"The Breakfast Club" put the question to listeners on whether they agree with Biden:

President Trump's campaign, meanwhile, quickly highlighted the clip, tweeting, “This is disgusting.”

Trump senior adviser Katrina Pierson called the remarks "racist and dehumanizing," saying Biden believes black voters are "incapable of being independent or free thinking."

She added: "He truly believes that he, a 77-year-old white man, should dictate how Black people should behave. Biden has a history of racial condescension and today he once again proved what a growing number of Black Americans and I have always known: Joe Biden does not deserve our votes."

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh spotlighted a quote from Kanye West, a prominent African-American supporter of the president, saying, “I will not be told who I’m gonna vote on because of my color.”

Biden nevertheless has enjoyed widespread support among black voters, not just in general election polls – Fox News polling shows black voters favor Biden over Trump by 76-12 percent – but during the primary battle. His victory in the South Carolina primary, boosted by black voters' support, helped revive his then-struggling campaign and catapult him toward a dominating performance on Super Tuesday.

Meanwhile, this is not the first time a 2020 contender has questioned the party affiliation of a particular race or religion. Last year, President Trump faced a backlash for saying American Jews who support Democrats show “either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty.”

He was pointing to anyone supporting Reps. Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, both critics of Israel.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Used to dislike him but I got a lot of respect for Kanye when he said that...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (05-27-2020), RBP (05-27-2020)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Used to dislike him but I got a lot of respect for Kanye when he said that...
    Got to agree

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Yo, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but I have to say that the 2020 election is gonna be the Trumpest of all time!

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Griffin (05-31-2020), Muddy (06-02-2020), RBP (06-01-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Was actually super curious what Biden supporters were chatting about online the other day so I tried to have a look around.... it turned out about how you'd expect

Went to reddit first because it's most familiar to me. For perspective, Bernie Sander's largest subreddit has (had?) over half a million followers, Trump's largest has more, around 800,000... Biden's largest sub: 89,000.

Obviously that's just reddit which I'd wager is largely the white male age 25-35 demographic, but reddit is now the 19th ranked website on the internet and 55% American, so it's at least interesting to see the difference in support between candidates.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (05-31-2020), Pony (05-31-2020), RBP (06-01-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Oops Biden claims '10 to 15 percent' of Americans are 'just not very good people'

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Former Vice President Joe Biden claimed Thursday that "10 to 15 percent" of Americans are "just not very good people."

As first reported by The New York Times, Biden held a virtual town hall on Thursday evening with black supporters where he knocked President Trump's divisiveness and weak leadership.

“The words a president says matter, so when a president stands up and divides people all the time, you’re gonna the worst of us to come out,” Biden told actor Don Cheadle, who was moderating the virtual town hall.

“Do we really think this is as good as we can be as a nation? I don’t think the vast majority of people think that," Biden continued. "There are probably anywhere from 10 to 15 percent of the people out there who are just not very good people, but that’s not who we are. The vast majority of the people are decent. We have to appeal to that and we have to unite people -- bring them together. Bring them together.”

It is unclear who exactly he was referring to within the "10 to 15 percent" of people and whether or not he believes they support President Trump.

The remarks harken back to the controversial comments made by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election when, at a campaign event, she estimated that "half" of Trump's supporters belong in a "basket of deplorables."

While Biden received praised earlier this week for his address following the May 25 death of Minneapolis man George Floyd while in police custody, the presumptive Democratic nominee previously landed himself in hot water during a recent interview on "The Breakfast Club." During the show, he told radio host Charlamagne tha God "you ain't black" if any black voter is still undecided between supporting him or President Trump. He later walked those comments back, saying he shouldn't have sounded so "cavalier" and acted like a "wise guy."

However, in multiple interviews since then, Biden appeared to cast blame for the remarks on Charlamagne tha God, insisting the host was also acting like a "wise guy" and later claimed he was "baiting" him, which prompted the offensive remark.

Charlamagne tha God shot back Wednesday night, telling Stephen Colbert "I didn't bait" Biden and that he "volunteered that fish" on his own.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-05-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Poll puts Trump down 14 points to Biden in general election showdown

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

A new national poll indicates that President Trump’s approval rating is dropping and that he trails Democratic challenger Joe Biden by double digits if November’s presidential election were held today.

According to a CNN survey released on Monday, the president’s approval rating stands at 38 percent, a dive of 7 percentage points from CNN’s previous poll, which was conducted in early May. And Trump’s disapproval rating jumped from 51 percent month ago to 57 percent now.

And the poll shows the former vice president and presumptive Democratic nominee topping the GOP incumbent in the White House by 14 points -- 55 to 41 percent. That’s nearly triple the 5-point margin – 51-46 percent – Biden led by a month ago in CNN polling.

The president, who rarely misses an opportunity to blast a poll that he doesn’t like, took to Twitter soon after the survey’s release to charge that “CNN Polls are as Fake as their Reporting.”

The 14-point lead for Biden in the new CNN survey is double the 7-point advantage for the former vice president over Trump in an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released on Sunday. An average of the last national general election matchup polls compiled by RealClearPolitics indicates Biden on top by 7.8 percent over the president.

The CNN poll was conducted Tuesday through Friday – which means it questioned voters nearly entirely before Friday’s stunning unemployment report, which indicated 2.5 million jobs were created last month and that the nation’s jobless level had dropped. The numbers were boosted by states reopening their economies after being mostly shut in late March and April in order to limit the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

The positive numbers were unexpected, as most economists had predicted the rate would continue to rise due to a net loss in jobs.

The CNN poll was conducted amid nationwide unrest sparked by the death two weeks ago of George Floyd in police custody. The 46-year old black man died after a white Minneapolis police officer put his knee on the handcuffed Floyd's neck for nearly nine minutes. Floyd’s death and the resulting peaceful protests -- as well as violent clashes and rioting in cities across the country -- quickly pushed longstanding concerns over police brutality against minorities and the broader issue of the country’s history of systemic racism firmly back into the national spotlight.

Forty-two percent of people questioned in the poll say that race relations are extremely important to their vote in November, slightly higher than the 40 percent who said the economy, 39 percent who said health care, and 31 percent who said the coronavirus outbreak.

By a more than two-to-one margin – 63-31 percent – voters say they think Biden would better handle race relations than the president. And the former vice president topped Trump by 14 points on handling the coronavirus and on leading the country during times of crisis. The president had a 5-point advantage over Biden on handling the economy.

The CNN poll was conducted by SSRS June 2-5, with 1,259 people nationwide questioned by live telephone operators. The survey’s overall sampling error is plus or minus 3.4 percentage points.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I trust those polls as much as a cat with a fish tank. People say they'll vote Biden, then on election day...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-09-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I trust those polls as much as a cat with a fish tank. People say they'll vote Biden, then on election day...
    The opposite is also true. A LOT of Trump voters keep to themselves because it's not worth "discussing" (aka getting screamed at). And the polling methods have not caught up with technology.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.