Page 42 of 163 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts

Woke Amy Klobuchar withdraws from Biden VP selection to make room for ‘woman of color’: report

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Sen. Amy Klobuchar announced Thursday she was removing herself as a candidate to be former Vice President Joe Biden’s vice presidential pick.

Klobuchar told MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell she called Biden Wednesday evening with her decision, saying she believes “this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket."

Biden pledged earlier this year to pick a woman to be his running mate as is currently considering about a half dozen candidates, including several women of color.

“After what I’ve seen in my state and what I’ve seen across the country, this is a historic moment and America must seize on this moment,” she said. “There are so many incredibly qualified women. But if you want to heal this nation right now -- my party, yes, but our nation -- this sure is a hell of a way to do it. And that’s just what I think after being through this in my state."

The police custody death of George Floyd last month, a black man who died after a white officer kneeled on his neck for nearly nine minutes in Minneapolis, had already complicated Klobuchar’s case to be Biden’s pick as her record as a Minnesota prosecutor came under new scrutiny. Her record of not bringing charges against officers involved in alleged cases of police brutality against black men espeically became a liability, according to The New York Times.

Klobuchar dropped out of the Democratic primary shortly before Super Tuesday and immediately endorsed Biden.

With Klobuchar out of the running for VP, Biden is still reportedly considering Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sen. Kamala Harris, former national security adviser Susan Rice, Florida Rep. Val Demings, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham.

He said he plans to announce his running mate by August 1.

Shortly after Klobuchar made her announcement Biden reacted on Twitter.

"Amy — from the moment you announced you were running for president in a snowstorm, it wasn't hard to see you had the grit and determination to do anything you set your mind to," Biden said. "You know how to get things done. With your help, we’re going to beat Donald Trump."

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,556 Times in 5,208 Posts
    Weak

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Weak
    Pipe down Whitey

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Pipe down Whitey
    It really is pathetic. Gestures and assistance are one thing, but sabotaging your own career

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    She probably knows they will announce Michelle Obama at the last minute.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    She probably knows they will announce Michelle Obama at the last minute.
    She won't run

I suggest Wangari from Kenya.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    She won't run

I suggest Wangari from Kenya.

Obamas half sister..?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She won't run
    Just wait. As hard as she and her husband worked at driving a wedge into a racial division in this country she'll want to be there to swing the final blow.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    sorry about assuming gender with that "she" bit

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    It really is pathetic. Gestures and assistance are one thing, but sabotaging your own career
    what? Oh please.

She wouldn't have "withdrawn" unless she knew she was already eliminated.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    what? Oh please.

She wouldn't have "withdrawn" unless she knew she was already eliminated.
    Speaking of elimination, I need to go and empty my bowels

(Thank you for the heads up)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Obvious Possible Biden VP pick dodges question on taking down George Washington statues

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., is among the shortlist of political figures that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is rumored to be considering as a running mate, but she balked when asked about a sensitive subject that has been on the forefront of political discourse.

Appearing on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday morning, Duckworth was asked about recent calls to remove monuments commemorating American founding fathers like Presidents George Washington and Thomas Jefferson because they were slave owners.

Rather than answer directly, Duckworth first changed the subject, then made inaccurate references to President Trump’s speech at Mount Rushmore on Friday evening.

“Well let me just say that we should start off by having a national dialogue on it at some point, but right now we’re in the middle of a global pandemic … and one the countries who are opposed to us, Russia, has put a bounty on American troops’ heads," she said. "What really struck me about the speech that the president gave at Mount Rushmore was that he spent more time worried about honoring dead Confederates than he did talking about the lives of 130,000 Americans who lost their lives to COVID-19 or by warning Russia off the bounty they’re putting on Americans’ heads.”

At no point in Trump’s speech did he show respect to or even mention the Confederacy or its leaders. In fact, the only times he referenced the Civil War was in the context of Union victory and honoring President Abraham Lincoln. He also celebrated the memories of Washington and Jefferson, noting – as CNN’s Dana Bash did – that there are those who seek to eliminate monuments to their memories.

After Duckworth made another allusion to the Confederacy by accusing Trump of honoring “dead traitors,” Bash noted that Washington is not a traitor and that there are people who want to remove statues of him.

“Is that a good idea?” Bash asked.

Duckworth again did not answer but did say she was willing to hear from those who do want to take down statues of the first president.

“I think we should listen to everybody,” she said. “I think we should listen to the argument there.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Kanye West Announces He Is Running For President Of The United States

By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

Rapper Kanye West announced Saturday on Twitter that he is running for President of the United States.

“We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future,” West wrote. “I am running for president of the United States! #2020VISION”

Entrepreneur Elon Musk responded by writing: “You have my full support!”

West’s wife, Kim Kardashian West, quote retweeted her husband’s tweet with an American flag emoji.

West has become more political in recent years and has repeatedly met with President Donald Trump.

“A Kanye presidential run has been teased for years,” Politico reported. “He and Kardashian West have worked with Trump on several occasions, including on commuting the sentences of individuals convicted of nonviolent offenses.”

Last year, West repeatedly praised the Republican Party for ending slavery, saying at a church service, “Abraham Lincoln was the Whig Party, that’s the Republican Party that freed the slaves.”

“That’s the Republican Party that freed the slaves,” West continued.

West told GQ Magazine earlier this year that he is definitely voting in the 2020 election.

“And we know who I’m voting on,” West said. “And I’m not going to be told by the people around me and the people that have their agenda that my career is going to be over. Because guess what: I’m still here!”

“Black people are controlled by emotions through the media,” West continued. “The media puts musicians, artists, celebrities, actors in a position to be the face of the race, that really don’t have any power and really are just working for white people. When it’s said like that, it’s kind of obvious, right? We emotionally connect to someone of our color on TV and feel that this person is speaking for us. So let me say this: I am the founder of a $4 billion organization, one of the most Google-searched brands on the planet, and I will not be told who I’m gonna vote on because of my color.”

“Both my parents were freedom fighters, and they used to drink from fountains they were told they couldn’t drink from, and they used to sit in restaurants where they were told they couldn’t eat from,” West said. “They didn’t fight for me to be told by white people which white person I can vote on.”