Thread: Beto Patronizes: I May Not Give Much To Charity, But Hey, I’m Giving You Me

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Wanker Beto Patronizes: I May Not Give Much To Charity, But Hey, I’m Giving You Me

By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

On Tuesday, appearing at a town hall at the University of Virginia, former congressman and current presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke offered a typically egocentric answer when asked why he donated so little money to charity: the audience should understand the sacrifice he’s making running for president.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Maura Nakahata, a senior majoring in chemistry with a minor in government, asked O’Rourke why if he made seven times what her sister made, she gave more money to charity than O’Rourke.

As Jenna Johnson of The Washington Post reported, O’Rourke responded loftily:

I’ve served in office since 2005. I do my best to contribute to the success of my community, of my state, and now, of my country. There are ways that I do this that are measurable and there are ways that I do this that are immeasurable. There are charities that we donate to that we’ve recorded and itemized, others that we have donated to that we have not. But I will tell you, I’m doing everything that I can right now, spending time with you — not with out kiddos, not back home in El Paso — because I want to sacrifice everything to make sure that we meet this moment of truth with everything we’ve got.

Yet at the end of March, O’Rourke pontificated about how the wealth of the country must be shared, tweeting, "The unprecedented concentration of wealth, power and privilege in the United States must be broken apart. Opportunity must be fully shared with all. We must all have the opportunity to succeed. Together. As one country."

In addition, O’Rourke had problems with the idea of sharing the massive amount of funds he had accumulated for his Senate race with other Democratic party sentaorial candidates who were in close races. As The Daily Wire reported in mid-October:

On Monday, Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke announced that despite the alleged pleas from other Democratic senatorial candidates for him to share some of the funds he has accrued for his campaign, he has no intention to do so, even though their races may be closer than his race against Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX). According to The New York Times, Democrats feel that they would have a better chance in winning close Senate races in Missouri, Florida, and Indiana if O’Rourke would share the wealth.

O’Rourke has accumulated a $38.1 million war chest, the largest in Senate history; he informed reporters he will spend it all before Election Day. He sniffed that if his donors want to offer additional support to other candidates, they can fork over more cash, according to The Washington Examiner. O’Rourke said, "I've got to honor the commitment that those who've contributed to this campaign have made to me, and their desire that we use this to win this election. If they want to contribute to someone else, they should do so. If they want to contribute to a campaign that's going to win this historic victory for Texas and the country, then I'm grateful for the contribution and I'm going to make the most of it, so that's what we're focused on."

The Washington Post reported on Tuesday, “Former congressman Beto O’Rourke (D-Tex.) released 10 years of tax returns last night. He and his wife reported $1,166 of charitable giving from a total income of $370,412 in 2017, the most recent year for which they released a return. That’s one-third of 1 percent.”

O’Rourke came in at the bottom of the list of current presidential candidates if you compare his giving in 2017 to their 2018 charity giving as cited by the Post, although none of them gave over 6%. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and her husband donated 5.5%; Gov. Jay Inslee (D-WA) and his wife gave roughly 4%; Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and his wife gave 3.4%; Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and her husband gave just less than 2%, as did Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and her husband, and Sen. Kamala Harris and her husband gave 1.4%.

The latest figures regarding former Vice President Joe Biden came from 2015, when he and his wife gave roughly 1.8%.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Not shocking. Liberals are consistently less charitable than conservatives.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (04-18-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Not shocking. Liberals are consistently less charitable than conservatives.
    He's giving himself, that is a priceless amount

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Receive the blessings of your lord and savior. All hail Betobro.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-18-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    #truth

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    My wife and I had a good laugh about this last night. Dude is on a personal high of ego.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fricnjay For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-18-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-18-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (04-18-2019)

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    He's an asshole, but at least he's released his tax returns. I wonder how much Twitter-in-Chief has given outside of his own sham Foundation.