Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang Says UFOs ‘Probably’ Exist

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts

X-File 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang Says UFOs ‘Probably’ Exist

Democratic Party 2020 presidential candidate Andrew Yang has confirmed his interest in further investigation of the UFO (unidentified flying object) phenomena, which has reentered the mainstream discourse in recent years thanks to ongoing disclosures from Pentagon funded investigations of mysterious aerial phenomena.

For years, New Hampshire newspaper The Conway Daily Sun has pressed potential presidential candidates barnstorming the early primary state about their stance on UFO disclosure. Yang’s Q&A with the newspaper’s editorial staff and Conway locals primarily focused on Yang’s proposed “Freedom Dividend”—a $1,000 monthly sum paid to American adults, meant to redistribute massive corporate gains and ameliorate the effects of automation on the American workforce—but The Sun ended with two longstanding presidential primary traditions at the paper: autographing their office refrigerator and asking about UFOs.

“I’m very curious about UFOs,” Yang said. “I have a feeling they probably do exist.”

Most other candidates in the 2020 Democratic field haven’t yet made their positions on UFO disclosure public. Democratic frontrunner Bernie Sanders (Joe Biden, the only candidate to repeatedly poll ahead of Sanders, has yet to officially enter the race) answered more flippantly when The Sun asked him about UFOs during the 2016 presidential primaries.

“Bernie had no interest in the UFO question,” Sun reporter Daymond Steer told Beyond Presidential UFOs, a site tracking politicians’ positions on UFO research. Commensurate with his tight focus on income inequality, Medicare for All and his College for All plan, Sanders has often dismissed weighing in on more esoteric topics.

While Yang’s feeling that there’s substance to the UFO question places him closer to a pro-disclosure position than any other Democratic candidate—aligning him with UFOlogists, hobby skywatchers and opponents of widespread Pentagon overclassification—Yang’s expressed interest doesn’t yet reach the position held by the strongest UFO disclosure advocate in recent Democratic presidential contests: Hillary Clinton.

In 2008, Clinton told The Sun, “Yes, I’m going to get to the bottom of it.”

Leading up to the 2016 presidential primaries, Clinton further pledged to look into Area 51—a highly classified military base in Nevada associated with experimental aircraft tests and UFO folklore—and was even open to the possibility that aliens have already visited Earth. “I think we may have been [visited already]. We don’t know for sure,” Clinton said.

The UFO issue has come a long way since Dennis Kucinich’s 2008 presidential run was torpedoed, in part by leveraging his UFO sighting story to dismiss the former congressman as a fringe candidate, with mainstream politicians like former Senate majority leader Harry Reid voicing defenses of UFO research.

“I’ll bet you anything that China is spending some money checking this out. I’ll bet you anything KGB Putin is spending some money checking this out,” Reid told George Knapp of Las Vegas Now’s I-Team in March.

UFOs have yet to become a live issue in the Democratic presidential primaries, but with the New Hampshire primary currently scheduled for February 11, 2020, there are still many months for The Conway Daily Sun to pose similar questions to the rest of the Democratic field.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-24-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    They are

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Nutty UFO crazies aside, I have a hard time believing that in an infinite, unexplored, and unknown cosmos, we are the only planet with intelligent life.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Nutty UFO crazies aside, I have a hard time believing that in an infinite, unexplored, and unknown cosmos, we are the only planet with intelligent life.
    Only life? Definitely not. Intelligent life? Probably not. Intelligent life so advanced that they can get around the speed of light? Uh, well.... I suppose it could be possible. But probable?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I agree with Yang.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    They are probably waiting for our civilization to mature enough to be able to handle "visitors".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    They are probably waiting until our civilization matures enough to be able to handle "visitors".
    With our extremely religious convicted planet any reveal of extra terrestrial life would start a firestorm I'm not sure we could contain.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-24-2019), RBP (04-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    The Fermi Paradox lists a handful of reasons we may never meet aliens while at the same time supporting the theory of their existence.

The universe is just too big to say we're the only intelligent life.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-24-2019)