Thread: Meghan McCain, Seth Meyers have testy exchange over Ilhan Omar: 'Are you her publicist?'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Obvious Meghan McCain, Seth Meyers have testy exchange over Ilhan Omar: 'Are you her publicist?'

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

"The View" co-host Meghan McCain and "Late Night" host Seth Meyers butted heads on Wednesday morning's show over McCain's criticisms of Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, who has repeatedly been accused of anti-Semitism.

It escalated to the point where McCain asked the NBC host if he was Omar's "publicist."

Meyers brought up McCain's commentary on ABC's "This Week" following the deadly synagogue shooting at the Poway, Calif., last month where she invoked the Omar's tweets, and asserted that both Democrats and Republicans have to tackle anti-Semitism within their own parties.

"I do think it's fairly dangerous and you brought it up after Congresswoman Omar had some death threats against her," Meyers said. "Do you think, you know, she has obviously now stated that she needs to be more careful with her language, don't you think other people who talk about her need to be more thoughtful as well? Or do you stand by those comments of tying her to this, her rhetoric to this synagogue shooting?"

"I don't think I tied her to it in particular," McCain responded. "I'm calling out what I see as anti-Semitic language and when you're talking about -- "

"But even after, you called her out even after she apologized for it," Meyers interrupted. "I do want to establish the timeline."

"I think that Democrats are hedging on this and I think it's very dangerous," McCain continued. "And I think [Senate Minority Leader] Chuck Schumer and I are in alignment about Israel's stance in geopolitical politics. I think it is of the utmost importance and I think she is bringing her party to extremism on this. And I think we have to look to Europe and what's happening over there and in British politics. Anti-Semitism is very common and I see it happening over there and I worry about it happening over here. I stand by everything that I've said and if that makes me unpopular in this room or in front of you, so be it."

Meyers said he found McCain's argument "weird" about whether she was being "popular" in the room since he was trying to "find common ground."

"Were you bothered by her language on 9/11?" McCain asked.

"I thought it was taken out of context," Meyers answered, "and I think if you watched that whole speech -- "

"Would you give President Trump the same leverage if he had said the same thing?" McCain challenged the NBC host. "I just think you have to give people the same credence."

Meyers responded by saying President Trump was "in no position" to criticize Omar's language on 9/11 based on his own language about 9/11. He also argued that Omar has apologized and promised to be more educated "by people who know about this" while the president hasn't.

"It's an interesting thing when we have two Muslim women for the first time, they do have a different perspective on things," Meyers continued. "And I think when we talk about the idea of 'Let's all try to meet in the middle on things,' we have to listen to other people's perspective."

"I agree, I work on 'The View' with Joy Behar every day," McCain shot back. "I listen to other people's perspectives all the time."

When asked if there's a way to talk about Israel without being considered anti-Semitic, McCain responded by saying don't talk about "Jews hypnotizing the world" and "all about the Benjamins."

"You do keep bringing up the two tweets she apologized for," Meyers told McCain, "and I think it's a little unfair to her, especially because -- "

"Are you her publicist?" McCain reacted. "Are you her press person?"

"No," Meyers answered. "I'm just someone who cares about the fact that there's someone out there who is in a minority, who has had death threats against her, and I think we should all use the same language that you're asking her to be careful about her language. And I would ask that everyone to be careful about theirs."

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Seth Meyers can eat shit and die.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-08-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Yup, not a fan of Meghan, but she's right on about pinning him down on this issue.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I'd like to beat Seth Myers ass.. Smarmy little prick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I love the part where she says "Would you give President Trump the same leverage if he had said the same thing?"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-08-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Meyers is drinking the Leftist coolaid, and Omar never really apologized for those comments and she was definitely never reprimanded for them. Republican Steve King was removed from his committee appointments for his "racist" remarks why wasn't she? Instead they push for resolution condemning bigotry and bias. Then when Republicans dont want to sign it because 1 it attacks the 1st amendment and 2 they believe its not even a slap on the wrist for Omar's remarks the Dems call them racist.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fricnjay For This Useful Post:

Muddy (05-08-2019)