Thread: Teen with big feet couldn’t afford size 18 sneakers so Shaquille O’Neal bought him 10 pairs

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Awesome Teen with big feet couldn’t afford size 18 sneakers so Shaquille O’Neal bought him 10 pairs

CNN News Wire

ATLANTA — When Shaquille O’Neal was 18 and trying to get to the prom, his father asked around to find a pair of size 18 penny loafers.

Bruce Teilhaber, the owner of Friedman’s Shoes in Atlanta, gave the future Hall of Famer a free pair of shoes. O’Neal, who grew to size 22, has been buying from him since.

It’s an act of kindness he never forgot, and this week, O’Neal helped an Atlanta teen with a similar situation.

Zach Keith is 13, plays basketball, and wears a size 18.

With that specialty size, it’s tough for his mother, Brittany, to afford shoes for her growing son.

So, when WGCL reached out to O’Neal to ask for help, he didn’t hesitate.

O’Neal surprised Keith and his family at Friedman’s, with O’Neal buying him 10 pairs.

“Like, whoa,” Keith said to the station. “He wants to buy me shoes, out of all people?”

“This will help a lot,” Brittany Keith said. “I won’t so much have to worry about buying him dress shoes. He hasn’t had a pair of dress shoes in about four or five years because its been hard trying to find the ones that actually fit.

“And for me it was just, it was very touching, very heartfelt and to know that there’s somebody out there that has his back.”

O’Neal told the station that their situation reminded him of how it was for him and his parents.

“Bruce did it for me, and I just want to return the favor,” O’Neal said.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    10 pairs of dress shoes for a 13 year old?

Also, size 18 at 13 implies the kid's gonna outgrow those 10 pairs pretty damn fast.

It was a cool thing to do but Shaq apparently can't think ahead.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    10 pairs of dress shoes for a 13 year old?

Also, size 18 at 13 implies the kid's gonna outgrow those 10 pairs pretty damn fast.

It was a cool thing to do but Shaq apparently can't think ahead.
    I agree.