#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Shocking Roger Daltry blasts pot-smokers during MSG concert

By Tamar Lapin - Page Six

Weed-puffing fans of legendary English rock band “The Who” got a stern talking to from frontman Roger Daltrey during the band’s concert at Madison Square Garden Monday night.

“All the ones smoking grass down in the front there, I’m totally allergic to it,” Daltrey told the crowd, according to a video of the show posted to YouTube.

When concert-goers began to snicker, the 74-year-old rockstar insisted: “I’m not kidding.”

“Whoever it is down there, you f–ed my night and you made me really…I’m allergic to that s–t and my voice just goes [makes sound] It sucks up. So f–k you!”

Back in 2015, Daltrey threatened to end a concert at the Nassau Coliseum, when someone lit up a joint near the stage, telling the fan to “stick it up your f—ing a–,” according to music blog Stereogum.

The classic band is currently on their “Moving On!” tour, which wraps Oct. 23 at the Rogers Arena in Edmonton, Alberta.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts

Maybe put that on the promotional material where people are buying tickets?

As you well know Roger, people have been smoking grass at concerts since 1960

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    what a fag

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Muddy (05-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    what a fag
    Before they broke big, Axl Rose spit on a front row guy at a concert I attended. Me and Lance have already chatted about GnR and the idiot stick that is Axl Rose

They're lucky they had some talent and went on to make it big. Our newspaper guy crucified him in a review the next day. You don't do that to fans.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Not for nothing, but I don't think people should be smoking anything at a concert around other people. You want to smoke? Fuck you, go outside. Or if you are outside, get far away from the other people who came to watch the band play and didn't ask to inhale your junk, you inconsiderate piece of shit.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Out here they will boot you for smoking a cig in a indoor venue, but hey ignore weed

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Not for nothing, but I don't think people should be smoking anything at a concert around other people. You want to smoke? Fuck you, go outside. Or if you are outside, get far away from the other people who came to watch the band play and didn't ask to inhale your junk, you inconsiderate piece of shit.

When I saw INXS a million years ago and they had a reggae warm up band. Most times we rushed the stage back in the day or got seats in the first few rows sort of thing.

Me and a pal had some killer skunkweed which was the exception, not the rule back then. Warm up band is playing doing a sort of duck walk around the stage together.

Meanwhile I'm blowing out huge clouds of weed towards the roof (being considerate and all that..)

Singer looks down right at us, points and then says something about SWEET GANJA while the other band members come over to our side of the stage.

I've never been embarrassed like that in a crowd of 20000 before

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Out here they will boot you for smoking a cig in a indoor venue, but hey ignore weed
    Same here.

it's a concert...hellooo?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I smoked weed with friends back when I was a teenager and I swear I have never been higher than I was when I got that contact high at the Ozzy Osbourne concert on the No Rest for the Wicked tour back in 90 or 91. I don't know where the hell it was coming from, but I got seriously fucked up. I couldn't stop laughing. Several of us got like that. We had to drive around after the concert for a while just to get it to wear off before we headed home. None of us wanted to face our parents and say we had no idea how we got so fucked up without actually touching anything. We kept the windows down hoping that the airflow would get the smell off of us.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    No that was in 88-89.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It was during the school year, and it was at the Spectrum in Philadelphia, so it was on the first leg in 1988. I was a freshman in high school.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In my concert experience, the weed thing has dissipated over time and usually depends on the artist.

At Van Halen the entire auditorium was full of weed smoke and 100's of varieties.

At U2, it was an older crowd so not so much weed. (myself included for that one, no weed)

I saw Pink Floyd at an outdoor football stadium in Edmonton in June one year. Keep that in mind...huge outdoor stadium.

Our seats were shit, back corner of one side of the stands at the top. Literally last row, corner. Most people had kinda scrunched down closer together.

My friend lights up a hash joint with a little bit of cigarette in it. Very tame smell as well as effect compared to weed. Like beer with 1.5% alcohol.

I see this woman start marching up toward our row from about 200 feet away. She gets to us and tells us we have to put out that 'dope joint!'

my vocal friend told her to go back down to her seats on the other side of stadium and fuck right off.

It was an outdoor carnival atmosphere and Pink Floyd. Our smoke was the least offensive part of the concert for sure.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-15-2019)