Thread: Duke Professor: The Equality Act ‘Will Be the End of Girl’s and Women’s Only Sports’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

SJW Duke Professor: The Equality Act ‘Will Be the End of Girl’s and Women’s Only Sports’

WARNER TODD HUSTON - Breitbart

As Congress begins debating the Equality Act, the Heritage Foundation warns that if the bill becomes law it will prove the death knell for women’s sports.
    The House is voting on the Equality Act (H.R. 5) this week which, in the words of Duke Professor Doriane Lambelet Coleman, “will be the end of girl’s and women’s only sports,” Heritage reported.

Title IX required schools to establish separate women’s sports teams for federal funding, but the Equality Act will seriously undermine that, Heritage added.

“The Equality Act would redefine sex in the 1964 Civil Rights Act, basing it not on biology, but on self-perceived gender identity,” Emilie Kao wrote.

Kao went on to note that women’s sports has already been undermined by the transgender movement.

Female athletes nationwide are already losing to males who argue that sex-segregated sports is unfair discrimination. But athletes who identify as the opposite sex aren’t excluded from competing against their physical equals. Instead, they are seeking to compete in categories created to provide an equal playing field for all athletes.

Some female athletes have spoken out about the transgender movement as it affects women’s sports.

World-record runner Paula Radcliffe said that opening women’s sports to men who “self-identify” as women necessarily cuts women out “due to the added numbers achieving” women’s records.

“The Equality Act isn’t about including those who were unfairly excluded from sports. It’s about meeting the demands of a powerful political group for unfair advantage. This politicizes sports, and there is no clear limit to where that will end,” Kao writes.

If one athlete can identify as the opposite sex, then why can’t another identify as a different age? The unfairness of allowing someone born with male physiology to compete against women should be as obvious as that of allowing adults to compete against children.

Fairness requires that rules be based on physical realities. The Civil Rights Act addressed the illegitimate exclusion from educational opportunities on the basis of an immutable characteristic race. But in sports, sex and age are two legitimate categories upon which rules should be based. Sex differences determine performance.

To wrap up her piece, Kao noted that the level of testosterone that naturally occurs in women “(2.4 nanomoles per liter (npl)) does not even reach the floor for men’s testosterone levels (10 npl).”

“We should treat people suffering gender dysphoria with compassion and respect. But that doesn’t mean legislators should pass laws that put female athletes at such a disadvantage,” she said.

It comes down to a choice between politics and sports. Supporters of the Equality Act should listen to the female high school runners in Connecticut who describe losing to transgender athletes as “heartbreaking.”

Will Congress turn the clock back by denying these girls the opportunity to compete against their own sex? Or can we keep politics out of sports so both men and women can play to win?

There are a few voices in women’s sports finally speaking out about transgenderism in sports.

Tennis great Martina Navratilova, for instance, has criticized the idea.

“Letting men compete as women simply if they change their name and take hormones is unfair — no matter how those athletes may throw their weight around,” Navratilova said of transgender players’ efforts to be recognized under their “chosen” gender.

British Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies also slammed the concept of transgender athletes.

“I just don’t understand how anyone can say this is a level & fair playing field,” Davies tweeted. “1000% increase in trans women taking part in sport recently. It’s a serious topic that has to be honestly dealt with for safety as much as integrity #fairplay.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-19-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    So there'll be two sets of sports: guys, and guys that claim to be girls.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (05-20-2019), RBP (05-19-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Nothing more satisfying than playing hockey against chicks and pasting one into the boards

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-19-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Luckily this would never make it through the senate and I'm pretty sure even if it did that, Trump would never sign it into law.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-19-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Not only do girls who play sports stay in school longer and suffer fewer health problems, research shows that 94% of female C-Suite executives played sports.
    That's a great stat. Almost all the successful women I've known have played sports at a high level.

I'm not a Feminist with a capital F, but like any reasonable man I'm a feminist who'd want my daughter to have every opportunity to compete at a high level and love sports as much as I did. A 1000% increase in transgender athletes... ya this needs to be fixed.

It's not going to be men's voices are going to be heard here though. It just isn't, our opinions aren't wanted in this debate. Women are going to need to be the ones to speak out and fix this.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    You guys all know that in the end these fucked up "transgenders" will be one more reason for everyone to hate males.
    Trans have been given the power to go in any rest/shower room they want and prey on whatever their kink is and now they are able to beat females down.

we're fucked!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (05-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

Why not make a trans-only games, celebrating all things transy

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    That's a great stat. Almost all the successful women I've known have played sports at a high level.

I'm not a Feminist with a capital F, but like any reasonable man I'm a feminist who'd want my daughter to have every opportunity to compete at a high level and love sports as much as I did. A 1000% increase in transgender athletes... ya this needs to be fixed.

It's not going to be men's voices are going to be heard here though. It just isn't, our opinions aren't wanted in this debate. Women are going to need to be the ones to speak out and fix this.
    Can you name a place where our opinions ARE wanted? Take your time, I'll wait.

And how exactly is "your opinion isn't wanted" or "spare me your mansplaining" any different than the alleged misogynistic "just sit and look pretty" trope?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Come on, it's not that bad unless we're just talking about the SJW debates in the twitterverse I don't have any problems being heard in the corporate world or among my friends who are women
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-19-2019 at 06:18 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I don't have any problems being heard in the corporate world

I meant social issues...
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    amazing, great job